• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elvis is making 6.725 MM next year. He's not being traded. It's honestly either Kinsler or Profar.

And Texas had a set rotation for the foreseeable future. They have 1-4 locked up for a while. Harrison will be back next year and be just fine. If they make a move for another starter, then the rotation will be even that much better than it already is.

I agree with ya 100% on the Elvis is going nowhere scenario. The market for high paid, slick fielding SS with no pop whatsoever is damn near zero. I love him, but his contract just won't sell.

Potentially for next season starters are: Locked: Darvish, Holland, Perez. Assured if healthy: Harrison. Competing: Ogando, Ross, Tepesch. Am I missing anyone currently employed? Oops....forget Lewis.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a GM I think you HAVE to have a half empty mindset, no? Look at last year... and the year before that. You have to make the team better than you think they will be. Anything can happen over the course of a season. Colby missed all of last year, harry did, cruz got suspended, and basically shit hit the fan. I like the trade for miller, but where do we get the rest of the money we need to improve our offense? Matt Adams is not the answer I can assure people that. What trading profar would accomplish is basically nothing on the offensive side.

This is why I am bored of the offseason talk already. There is nothing else to say that hasn't already been said. It's just a bunch of circular points and discussions. I give up until something of merit happens.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with ya 100% on the Elvis is going nowhere scenario. The market for high paid, slick fielding SS with no pop whatsoever is damn near zero. I love him, but his contract just won't sell.

Potentially for next season starters are: Locked: Darvish, Holland, Perez. Assured if healthy: Harrison. Competing: Ogando, Ross, Tepesch. Am I missing anyone currently employed? Oops....forget Lewis.

I disagree. Elvis is 25 years old. People were freaking out about how amazing Matt Adams is going to be, and you know how old he is? He's 5 days younger than Elvis Andrus. Yeah Elvis has been in the league since 2009, but he's not aging or slowing down. He had a horrid first 91 or so games and then turned it on and showed his true potential down the stretch of the season. That contract is going to look better and better each year.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as you see the point I'm trying to make. There isn't much that we can do that will make you say "wow we are much better than last year." The market isn't good, and we have no money, so the impacts will have to come as a result of a trade. Whether that be freeing up $ or getting players in return remains to be seen

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCann, Cruz, and Morales/Napoli. OR
Ruiz/Navarro, Cruz, Morales/Napoli.
Instead of just Shelby Miller, I bet they're still talking about a Tavares deal.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Instead of just Shelby Miller, I bet they're still talking about a Tavares deal.

I like he first option listed, but the only way we afford that is by freeing up cash, right? Unless the budget talk is a negotiating ploy

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as you see the point I'm trying to make. There isn't much that we can do that will make you say "wow we are much better than last year." The market isn't good, and we have no money, so the impacts will have to come as a result of a trade. Whether that be freeing up $ or getting players in return remains to be seen

terp, i will ask you again, where are you coming up with the "we have no money routine"?

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the only team really tied to Cano is the Yankees. they have nothing to offer unless the Rangers want nothing to return which knowing JD is the furthest thing from his mind. would he consider trading one of our MIF'ers? YES but only if he is going to get quality back in return

I can almost guarantee the Dodgers are involved.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Every time that is brought up (Oscar for Jurickson) the resounding notion is that each team values their guy more highly than the other. Which is kinda silly when you think about it. Neither can play or make an impact with the way each roster is assembled. It's been called a fantasy trade and any other number of things. When the reality is Oscar had that leg injury last year that dented his value, and Profar while only being 20, was largely ineffective when played. Stubborn FOs on both sides in that situation.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
terp, i will ask you again, where are you coming up with the "we have no money routine"?

You asked me this? Mustve missed it. And JD has already said that how much we spend is going to be the same or less than last years.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every time that is brought up (Oscar for Jurickson) the resounding notion is that each team values their guy more highly than the other. Which is kinda silly when you think about it. Neither can play or make an impact with the way each roster is assembled. It's been called a fantasy trade and any other number of things. When the reality is Oscar had that leg injury last year that dented his value, and Profar while only being 20, was largely ineffective when played. Stubborn FOs on both sides in that situation.

That's all true, but I imagine the conversation hasn't stopped.

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If only we hadn't been to such a rush to lock up the "young core" we wouldn't have such a logjam in the middle

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can almost guarantee the Dodgers are involved.

according to CBSSports:

Robinson Cano likely lost a big potential suitor when the Dodgers agreed to a $28-million, four-year deal with Cuban second baseman Alexander Guerrero.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with that broseidon. Having too much talent in the middle isn't a bad problem.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
according to CBSSports:

Robinson Cano likely lost a big potential suitor when the Dodgers agreed to a $28-million, four-year deal with Cuban second baseman Alexander Guerrero.

Aren't you the one that keeps telling me, "don't believe everything you hear?" Yes, naturally you would think that with the signing, but I read the kid isn't ready to step in.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When will American kids sue the MLB over the lack of an international draft? I think it's unfair to our homegrown talent that they have to go through the draft when these other kids from Cuba or wherever can just show up and choose who they play for and make LOADS of money without worrying about the low end rookie contracts.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No and I wasn't suggest this. But for me, 1st base is not my major concern. Corner OF, and catching are. I wouldn't be opposed to giving Mitch one last chance to earn the job long term. He's cheap, young enough, and we've seen his upside and this still exists.

We have seen his downside too. Injury prone and goes into the toilet with the bst when he comes back from injury.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aren't you the one that keeps telling me, "don't believe everything you hear?" Yes, naturally you would think that with the signing, but I read the kid isn't ready to step in.

i don't believe that the Dodgers are going to even try and beat the Yankees latest offer of 7 years, $160M

Status
Not open for further replies.