• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 NCAA FB Season / 2014 NFL draft

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/nfl-teams-best-chance-hit-154200622.html

interesting look at NFL teams, and the strength of their draft picks. surprisingly (to me) the 49ers aren't first, second, third, or even fourth.

The Rams look good going in, any way we look at it. all we can do is select the right players. not concerned about trading up or down, or into the future. it boils down to the players you finally choose.

Not shocking as those other teams all pick in the top five and have at least ten picks. This sort of statistical survey doesn't take into account the guys making the picks.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not shocking as those other teams all pick in the top five and have at least ten picks. This sort of statistical survey doesn't take into account the guys making the picks.[/QUOTE]

and that's what we're banking on - the Rams decisions won't be as 'correct'. fact is they're going to get GOOD players and gain on us, their draft slot is just too high (vs us each round). Just hoping the amount they gain won't be relative to this chart.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
is it still 15 minutes per team in round 1?

15 minutes/pick at 29 picks = 435 minutes = 7:15 hours. not every team uses the full 15 minutes, but doesn't trades re-start the clock? so I'd guess the 49ers will pick 6.25 hours after it starts?

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
is it still 15 minutes per team in round 1?

15 minutes/pick at 29 picks = 435 minutes = 7:15 hours. not every team uses the full 15 minutes, but doesn't trades re-start the clock? so I'd guess the 49ers will pick 6.25 hours after it starts?

It's now only 10. Stupidly.

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I think last year they finished the draft in like 3 1/2 hours

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Not shocking as those other teams all pick in the top five and have at least ten picks. This sort of statistical survey doesn't take into account the guys making the picks.[/QUOTE]

and that's what we're banking on - the Rams decisions won't be as 'correct'. fact is they're going to get GOOD players and gain on us, their draft slot is just too high (vs us each round). Just hoping the amount they gain won't be relative to this chart.

I just hope they don't find a way to turn the second pick this year into an additional second and two additional firsts.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
[youtube]0GnJV2P-tDE[/youtube]

Manziel, ODB, Latimer, now Robinson with a dunking video...

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
from Kevin Lynch.....

Even receivers who are among league leaders in yards per reception typically have size. Of last year’s top 10 in that category, only Jackson and Ram Chris Givens were under six feet. In fact, the 6-3, 220-pound Riley Cooper had a higher yards per catch average than his now former teammate, DeSean Jackson.

If the 49ers fail to trade up and get Beckham Jr., a bigger receiver could fall to them at no. 30, including FSU’s Kelvin Benjamin. Reportedly, the 49ers have interest in Benjamin, a 6-5, 240-pounder, who could also be used as a tight end.

At his size, Benjamin could bulldoze the Seattle corners, and his statistics last year were comparable to Beckham’s. Benjamin caught 54 passes for an average of 18.7 yards a reception. Beckham caught 59 passes for an average of 19.5 yards a catch. Benjamin also caught 15 touchdown passes compared to Beckham’s eight. Benjamin could be a red zone nightmare, which is place the 49ers have struggled.

Benjamin is not fast (4.61 in the 40), however he consistently got open deep in college. He also had the proclivity for the clutch catch, including snatching the game-winner in this year’s National Championship game. Benjamin is an immediate match-up problem, particularly in the red zone. And, as of right now, Beckham is not.

thought the part about Seattle CB's was funny. :-)

I'm ok with any WR they deem a good overall, outside WR. wouldn't eliminate ODB or anyone else due to size.

for Benjamin, REALLY like the part on RZ so he should be considered some time? they can draft him at the point he provides good value, doesn't need to be round 1. we can always add a speed guy later, but getting more TD's sure beats extra yards but field goals.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
So this is officially what I want the Niners to do in the first round.

Plan A: Stay put and take Louis Nix (maybe trade up a few spots to make sure the Pats don't get him)

Plan B: Trade up into the 20's & take Bradley Roby.

Plan C: Trade up to the teens & take Brandin Cooks (the best WR in the draft).

Plan D: Trade the pick for a late 2nd & a first rounder next year; target Marcus Martin or Donte Moncrief

Plan E: Trade way up & take Gilbert.

Plan F: Trade back into the late 40's / early 50's & take Jordan Matthews

Boom. Lock it in. That's my final answer Regis.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
This CB class isn't nearly as good as I thought it was going to be during the season. I think if David Amerson were in this draft he'd be an early 2nd rounder.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
So this is officially what I want the Niners to do in the first round.

Plan A: Stay put and take Louis Nix (maybe trade up a few spots to make sure the Pats don't get him)

Plan B: Trade up into the 20's & take Bradley Roby.

Plan C: Trade up to the teens & take Brandin Cooks (the best WR in the draft).

Plan D: Trade the pick for a late 2nd & a first rounder next year; target Marcus Martin or Donte Moncrief

Plan E: Trade way up & take Gilbert.

Plan F: Trade back into the late 40's / early 50's & take Jordan Matthews

Boom. Lock it in. That's my final answer Regis.

:doh: I can't believe I said "final answer," and forgot about Jason Verrett.

Stick trading back to the later 30's & drafting Verrett as plan D and bump the rest down.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Johnny Manziel - QB - Player

Profootballtalk reports the Bucs' expected target in a potential trade up from No. 7 to No. 2 would be Texas A&M QB Johnny Manziel.

The Rams are open for business at No. 2, but per PFT's Mike Florio, it's unclear if a trade is close or "even doable." The Bucs have just six total picks, only three of which are in the top 140. That's not much ammunition.
Source: Profootballtalk on NBCSports.com

May 6 - 10:40 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Justin Gilbert - DB - Player

In a poll of 19 NFL personnel men, Oklahoma State's Justin Gilbert received 12 first-place votes as the draft's top cornerback.

Ohio State's Bradley Roby garnered three first-place votes and Michigan State's Darqueze Dennard got two, while Virginia Tech's Kyle Fuller and TCU's Jason Verrett each got one. At just under 6-foot, 202 with 4.37 jets and 33 1/8-inch arms, Gilbert pretty clearly offers the highest ceiling in this year's cornerback group. Unfortunately, he needs a lot of technique work and can be allergic to contact. We still expect Gilbert to be a top-16 draft pick.
Source: Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel

May 6 - 10:33 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jake Matthews - T - Player

According to Profootballtalk, the thinking in some league circles is that the Rams would like to trade down with an eye toward selecting Texas A&M OT Jake Matthews.

It's become abundantly clear that the ever-active Rams have little desire to remain at No. 2. The trick will be finding a trade partner, as the Texans appear to have designs on moving back, as well. The St. Louis Post-Dispatch's Jim Thomas recently mocked Matthews to the Rams over Auburn OT Greg Robinson.

May 6 - 10:33 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Khalil Mack - LB - Player

According to Profootballtalk, the "thinking in some league circles" is that the Texans would like to trade down and select Buffalo OLB Khalil Mack.

The Texans have been linked to Mack at No. 1, so it's hardly a surprise. Stockpiling extra picks while still getting their man would be a boon for a talented roster coming off a 2-14 season. It's beyond clear that the Texans would like to abdicate the top spot in the draft, but it's unclear if they'll find a partner.

May 6 - 10:28 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Blake Bortles - QB - Knights

The MMQB's Peter King tweeted out that the Browns and Cardinals are interested in UCF QB Blake Bortles.

King projected a long slide for Bortles in his Tuesday mock draft, slotting him to the Browns at No. 26 overall. Always self deprecating, the respected scribe tweeted an update later in the day: "Turns out I might be wrong about Blake Bortles (the horror!). [Cleveland and Arizona] interested higher than I had him." The more pressing news here is that Bortles, once considered a potential No. 1 pick, is the newest candidate for a tumble.
Source: Peter King on Twitter

May 6 - 10:45 PM