• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 NCAA FB Season / 2014 NFL draft

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Odell Beckham Jr. - WR - Tigers

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports that the Jets are looking to trade up for LSU WR Odell Beckham Jr.

"Mentioned earlier the Jets are looking to trade up. Their target is the Top 10, and I’m told they are very hot on LSU WR Odell Beckham," Rapoport tweeted. It's possible that ODB will be gone by the time the Jets choose at No.18, and moving up for the LSU prospect may be the only option. The 49ers and Jim Harbaugh have an open line to brother John Harbaugh and the Ravens, who hold the No.17 pick. It's also been rumored that the 49ers have heavy interest in ODB's services, and would be willing to trade up for him. With that being said, the Jets will have decisions to make come Thursday night, if they plan to select Beckham Jr.
Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

May 6 - 7:02 PM

Last edited by a moderator:

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sammy Watkins - WR - Tigers

On 97.5 the fanatic, ESPN's Sal Paolantonio reports the Eagles are trying to move into the top 10 in hopes of landing Clemson WR Sammy Watkins or Texas A & M WR Mike Evans.

"How much are they willing to give up to go up there, and who is a possible dance partner? They would have to basically break the bank," Paolantonio said. "There is no question you would have to give up next year's No. 1 to do it. No. 22 this year, No. 1 next year, and maybe a third-round pick this year and next year (to get a deal done)." It would be a gutsy move and a king's ransom, if the Eagles brass plan to give up those kind of picks to move up. After releasing Desean Jackson, the Eagles passing attack has to replace 25 percent of last year's passing attack.
Source: 975thefanatic.com

May 6 - 6:49 PM

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Matt Maiocco's Mock Draft

Seven round mock draft: 49ers trade up for wide receiver | CSN Bay Area

The 49ers currently own 11 picks, but they do not figure to come out of this week’s draft with 11 new players to add to their roster.

A year ago, the 49ers made only two selections in their original draft spots – not including compensatory picks, which cannot be traded. So expect the 49ers to trade up and move back, as well as make a few of their scheduled picks. And, of course, expect the unexpected.

The moving could happen early. Multiple league sources have indicated they believe the 49ers will trade up Thursday from the No. 30 overall pick to target a wide receiver.

Here’s one projection of how the 49ers’ draft might go Thursday, Friday and Saturday:

First round (trade up from No. 30): WR Odell Beckham, LSU
He can play flanker, split end and slot. He had very good hands and can handle the team’s punt-return chores from Day 1. Beckham gets the edge over Brandin Cooks (Oregon State) because he’s taller by 1 ½ inches with arms 2 inches longer and a vertical jump that is 2 ½ inches greater.

Second round (No. 56 overall): Traded
Dealt in first round to trade up for Beckham.

Second round (No. 61 overall): OLB Marcus Smith, Louisville
A team can never have too many pass-rushers, and Smith was one of the best pass-rushers in college football last season. The 49ers still expect Aldon Smith to miss some time due to a possible league suspension, and Marcus Smith can compete for a significant role in Smith’s absence. And when the 49ers are full strength, the rookie can still win a spot as part of a rotation.

Third round (No. 77 overall): CB Bashaud Breeland, Clemson
OK, this is a bit of a surprise because everybody assumes this position will be addressed earlier. Breeland has good size at 5 foot 11 3/8 with good ability to play the ball at its highest point. He is also sound in run support and is known as a hard-worker and a strong locker room presence.

Third round (No. 94 overall): RB Terrance West, Towson
He has Frank Gore size with a similar running style. He can see the field immediately by taking over for Anthony Dixon as a core special-teams player. As early as next season, he could share the load with Marcus Lattimore.

Third round (No. 100 overall): LB Shayne Skov, Stanford
There are several legitimate Stanford products from which the 49ers can choose in this draft. Skov could compete with Michael Wilhoite for the starting job while NaVorro Bowman is out. And Skov could be a top special-teams contributor.

Fourth round (No. 129 overall): CB Aaron Colvin, Oklahoma
He sustained a torn ACL during a practice before the Senior Bowl. While that might scare off some teams, the 49ers see it as an opportunity to stash him on the non-football injury list for the season.

Fifth round (No. 170 overall): OT Matt Patchan, Boston College
The 49ers like this class of offensive linemen. There are a lot of options, including another possible redshirt selection, Clemson’s Brandon Thomas, who recently tore his ACL. Patchan has the versatility to play both tackle and guard positions.

Seventh round (No. 242 overall): QB Logan Thomas, Virginia Tech
There’s no questioning his arm talent – only some of his decision-making. Coach Jim Harbaugh will relish the opportunity to develop Thomas into a backup behind Colin Kaepernick for the 2015 season.

Seventh round (No. 243 overall): S Vinnie Sunseri, Alabama
The 49ers have their starting safeties, but Sunseri could be groomed to eventually take over for Antoine Bethea two or three years down the road. But before he has the chance to land in the starting lineup, he’ll be a core special-teams contributor.

Seventh round (No. 245 overall): OLB Michael Sam, Missouri
He was a tremendously productive player in the best conference in college football. In the seventh round, his value is too difficult to ignore.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
37 HOURS 'TIL THE NFL FREEKING DRAFT STARTS!!!!

kLEC6c.gif

Almost time to redeem this shit-tastic offseason...

Last edited by a moderator:

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solid! Not being weird or anything, I just dont think Sam would be the best pick, we could try to steal a center/g at that spot.

That is an excellent spot for Sam. 7th round developmental player, he needs to be part of a solid off season program and shed some lbs plus get stronger.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be pretty excited if Maiocco's draft came to fruition. Only thing I don't like is not drafting a TE, because I think McDonald needs some competition.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the first round pick. I would rather have the Niners draft two WR's. Niners might not have Crabtree in 2015 and Boldin is not getting younger and only signed for two years. We have Lemonier and let's see what Tank can do. I don't think Logan Thomas will be there in the 7th round. Colvin would be a steal in the 4th round. Have him redshirt his rookie year to get healthier and stronger.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I love the 1st round pick and the 4th rounder. I like a few of the others and I like Sam's value in the 7th.

I don't however like taking a RB so early, I'd like to give Hunter and Lattimore a chance before giving up on that situation. I also don't like taking a pass rusher so early, have they given up on Lemonier?

agree the RB seemed early?

ok with a pass rusher early, these guys have to be drafted early. its not giving up on Lemonier, but if you REALLY believe in a prospect, draft him. for this critical position, wouldn't "wait and see" on Lemonier.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Stephon Tuitt - DL - Player

One scout told the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel that Notre Dame DE Stephon Tuitt and Falcons DE Tyson Jackson are the "same guy."

"That's all he is," the scout added. "Big dude. Zero pass rush." Opinions vary on Tuitt. Another scout called him "athletic for a big man" but questioned his effort by saying "he just kind of wallows around." A third scout said Tuitt plays too "stiff" and "is not elite." 6-foot-6, 300-pound Tuitt projects as a 3-4 end like Jackson, but has more pass-rush upside and will likely be a top-50 pick.
Source: Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel

May 6 - 10:11 AM

Zero pass rush? Please.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
It's less than 24 hours 'til the draft! Where's all the speculation, made-up "rumours" to get people all riled up & Mel / Todd debates on the 4-letter?

It almost feels like the NFL status in early May!

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Wonder if this is debatable. People (as they do every year) are calling this the deepest draft in a decade. I don't think this is the deepest draft in the last 2 years! 2013 was deeper IMO.

QB: 2014 barely (both 2013 & 2014 were bad QB classes)
WR: Wash
OT: 2013 easy (a few injuries have taken 2014's down a peg)
OG: 2013 by a light year
RB: I dunno
TE: 2013 easy

DE: 2013
DT: 2013 by a mile
CB: 2013
Safety: 2013

Hard to compare LBs 'cause a lot of 'em will switch positions.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's less than 24 hours 'til the draft! Where's all the speculation, made-up "rumours" to get people all riled up & Mel / Todd debates on the 4-letter?

It almost feels like the NFL status in early May!

Quiet before the storm

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Only a little time left.

What do you want the Niners to do with the first round pick?

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only a little time left.

1) Trade up to the mid-teens if there is a CB they really covet and they don't think he or an equivalent value player will be there at 30

2) Failing that, sit tight and pick best available CB or WR

Nastastical

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only a little time left.

Find a future starting WR, whether that be Cooks, Beckham or Benjamin. The first pick doesn't matter much to me because the 2nd and 3rd round is where Baalke can really make an impact by moving up or down and finding a way to draft both Stanley Jean-Baptiste and Pierre Desir; I want these two BAD! Two big athletic ball-hawking corners who are dripping with raw potential.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to see the Niners trade up in the 1st AND up in the 2nd to get a coveted CB AND WR.