• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 NCAA FB Season / 2014 NFL draft

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, Walter Football has Manziel has a top 3 pick :lol:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Some guys on my way-too-early wish list are Bradley Roby, Louis Nix & Anthony Johnson.

As long as Carradine works out, I think Roby would make the most sense. Clinton-Dix would be a great pickup too. Niners are gonna need CBs next year, and I think those 2 guys have the potential to be better than anyone in the 2013 draft.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This.

The Manziel hype is almost as bad as the Tebow hype was (Manziel isn't quite as bad as Tebow).

I think Manziel is a lot like Matt Scott. They don't really go through progressions. They're shotgun QBs who play in a spread offense and are generally making one read. Manziel and Scott can make throws, but I wonder if they could take a snap from under center, go through progressions, stay in the pocket and make throws.

Manziel also benefited from all day to make throws.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really don't want to see Seattle pick 32unless they trade with us

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next year's draft we will be looking CB without the shadow of a doubt.

Aso gone (contract up), Rogers gone (cut 33 years old), Brown gone (contract up 30 years old). Who is going to start? Culliver and then who else?

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Aso gone (contract up), Rogers gone (cut 33 years old), Brown gone (contract up 30 years old). Who is going to start? Culliver and then who else?

Its obvious, it will be Hanging with Mr. Cooper. Cooper and Cully. The shut down corners

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Manziel is a lot like Matt Scott. They don't really go through progressions. They're shotgun QBs who play in a spread offense and are generally making one read. Manziel and Scott can make throws, but I wonder if they could take a snap from under center, go through progressions, stay in the pocket and make throws.

Manziel also benefited from all day to make throws.

Same things were said about Newton and Kaepernick to an extent. Not as much as Newton though. I think Manziel is a hell of a talent.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same things were said about Newton and Kaepernick to an extent. Not as much as Newton though. I think Manziel is a hell of a talent.

I disagree. Kaepernick was capable of going through his progressions. I think they Kap used his legs before he needed too though. Kaepernicks biggest "flaw" was his delivery because he had such a long/slow release. Manziel has the ability to become a top tier qb prospect, but i don't think he is there yet. I also think Newton and Kaepernick were better passers, but I'm not an expect so my opinion isn't very important.

Also, Manziel has a much smaller frame than those guys (smaller than Matt Scott too), which will probably scare off some teams.

Also, he is a good QB, I'm not trying to take that away from him. Case Keenum was also a great college QB. Manziel has a better future than Case Keenum, but I can't see him being as good as Newton, Griffin, Kaepernick, etc. Dennis Dixon and Tim Tebow were great college QBs that just aren't great fits in the NFL

Last edited by a moderator:

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6'1 isn't too bad.

6'1 200 compared to those two is a pretty significant difference.

Kaepernick measured in at 6045, 233
Newton measured in at 6050, 248
Manziel is probably 6006, 200
Michael Vick is 6'0 215

Thats fine a for a qb that isn't going to be getting hit. We've seen how successful Vick can be, but how injuries are also a concern for him considering his size and the amount he is getting hit.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
IF THEY COME OUT:
Adrian Amos Penn State CB
Greg Henderson Colorado CB

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its obvious, it will be Hanging with Mr. Cooper. Cooper and Cully. The shut down corners

Lol I'm sure you were just kidding, but even while joking, Culliver and shut down corner do not belong together.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol I'm sure you were just kidding, but even while joking, Culliver and shut down corner do not belong together.

I was sorta. But it usually takes 3 years for a corner and safeties to develop. The fact that he was decent (outside of the playoffs and a few other games) is a bonus.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Aso, Rogers and Brown are all playing for the contracts. Brown and Aso for their next contracts, Rogers to keep his contract. All 3 of them have something to play for, I actually like this year's situation.

If those guys play well they'll be re-signed. If they don't they'll hit the street.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aso, Rogers and Brown are all playing for the contracts. Brown and Aso for their next contracts, Rogers to keep his contract. All 3 of them have something to play for, I actually like this year's situation.

If those guys play well they'll be re-signed. If they don't they'll hit the street.

How many 30 something CB's who have lost a step or two can we have on the team? Especially considering that they are far and away the weakest part of our team.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was sorta. But it usually takes 3 years for a corner and safeties to develop. The fact that he was decent (outside of the playoffs and a few other games) is a bonus.

If he was going to be a shut down corner we would have seen it already, so far at his best he's shown to be an adaquate starter. At his worst he's looked like he shouldn't even be in the league.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James Hurst of North Carolina will move up draft boards during this season. He was overshadowed by Jonathan Cooper and company, but it will be his 4th year starting at LT.