• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 NCAA FB Season / 2014 NFL draft

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I was looking forward to see this kid explode in that system. I guess that won't happen:

Seminoles WR Bracy signs pro track contract

Florida State redshirt freshman WR Marvin Bracy has left the team after signing a pro track contact.

Bracy wound up redshirting the 2012 season after injuring his hamstring during summer practice. "He then seemed to draw the ire of Jimbo Fisher this spring, as the head football coach was noticeably displeased that his speedy wide receiver did not show up for any spring practices," according to
Source: Tallahassee.com

May 2 - 11:15 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I liked him too. Wishing him the best of luck at WVU:

Former Noles QB Trickett transferring to WVU

Former FSU junior QB Clint Trickett is transferring to West Virginia, according to ESPN's Joe Schad.

Schad also notes that Trickett, "is eligible to compete for the starting position this season." He added "Trickett chose West Virginia over USF and Auburn. Trickett believes he is an ideal fit for the West Virginia offense." It will surely be an interesting quarterback competition for Dana Holgorsen this summer.
Source: Joe Schad on Twitter

May 1 - 11:40 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
McShay ranks A.J. McCarron at No. 15 for 2014

Scouts Inc.'s Todd McShay ranks Alabama QB A.J. McCarron as the No. 15 prospect for the 2014 NFL Draft

"McCarron has played his best in the Tide's biggest games, and he's much more than a game manager," McShay writes. "He flashes big-time anticipation and the ability to make NFL throws down the field. He's a better athlete than most seem to think, though we'd like to see more consistency out of him in 2013." There were times where McCarron looked like more than a game manager, but hopefully that turns into a common theme.
Source: ESPN

May 2 - 10:53 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jason Verrett - DB - Horned

Frogs CBS Sports' Dane Brugler ranks TCU CB Jason Verrett as the 12th best prospect for the 2014 class heading into his senior season.

"A junior college transfer, Verrett started 23 games the past two years and led the Big 12 in interceptions (six) and passes defended (22) in 2012," Brugler writes. Last year the draft analyst said Verrett should be mentioned among the 2013's class of corners, and he now tops the list at the position for 2014.
Source: CBS Sports

May 2 - 12:42 PM

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
McShay ranks A.J. McCarron at No. 15 for 2014

Scouts Inc.'s Todd McShay ranks Alabama QB A.J. McCarron as the No. 15 prospect for the 2014 NFL Draft

"McCarron has played his best in the Tide's biggest games, and he's much more than a game manager," McShay writes. "He flashes big-time anticipation and the ability to make NFL throws down the field. He's a better athlete than most seem to think, though we'd like to see more consistency out of him in 2013." There were times where McCarron looked like more than a game manager, but hopefully that turns into a common theme.
Source: ESPN

May 2 - 10:53 AM

One thing I noticed about McCarron is that he has very good poket presence. Seems to be able to feel the rush coming & act accordingly. Although, with that OL the pass rush wasn't a big problem.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
One thing I noticed about McCarron is that he has very good poket presence. Seems to be able to feel the rush coming & act accordingly. Although, with that OL the pass rush wasn't a big problem.

Oline, RB, WRs, Playcalling. He has too many elite resources around him for him not to fail. He seems like a 2nd round talent to me. I'm not denying that he has very good skill set, and has the mental game down pack. I just question whether or not he is as good as someone like Geno smith (throwing wise) who went in the 2nd round this year. The season hasn't even started yet, but so far, I don't see him as a top 40 prospect. Certainly in the top 50. I'm just having a hard time ranking him in the top 40. I honestly think that there are at least 5-6 college football players this year (draft eligible players only) that could turn out to be a better professional player than AJ.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
UNless there's a franchise QB prospect. Even David Carr was picked ahead of Julius Peppers, and he was probably the most complete DL picked in the last 14 years.

That is, unless they don't need a QB. But f they do, the QB is always the trump card.

yeah ok, a franchise QB is a trump card. typically, the teams drafting high don't have a quality QB.

calison3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Bingo what makes you think Driskel is the number 4 QB overall. He kind of seems like a right handed Tebow to me. Can run, big arm, but not a very good passer at all.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Bingo what makes you think Driskel is the number 4 QB overall. He kind of seems like a right handed Tebow to me. Can run, big arm, but not a very good passer at all.

The only thing he has comparable to Tebow is the fact that they are both white men, and also they played college football at the same university.

Driskel is more of a Jake Locker type QB as opposed to Tebow. Driskel has more upside than Locker when Locker was coming out of college. The kid is a true sophomore and has a very good release, much better mechanics than Tebow by a wide margin. Driskel still has lots to learn and it seems as though the game is still moving a bit too fast for him - and yet he is finding ways to make plays out there. Once he really gets comfortable by adapting to the speed of the game and continues to work on his mechanics, this guy has the potential to develop to be a "franchise" type QB at the next level. I based this high ranking on the mere fact of his potential, not so much of what he has done at the college level thus far in his career. But if you take a close look at the tools/skill set he posses you'd see firsthand what I am referring to:

Last edited by a moderator:

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Another player I should have added on my top 5, is Michigan's QB Devin Gardner. He's extremely raw and I have to see him more, and the only reason why I chose not to include him on my top 5 is because I needed to put Aaron Murray in there somehow. We are witnessing an evolution of the QB position in the NFL, which benefits players like Gardner in terms of what they want to accomplish on offense. If Gardner continues to develop as a passer, he would perfectly fits the type of QB the NFL is now salivating after. I heard he had a pretty good spring game last month. So he is on the right track I think.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm just going to go ahead and anoint Jeff Mathews the best QB in 2014 just based on one video

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
A very good list IMO. It just that certain players (i.e.Kouandjio, Watkins, Bridgewater) should be ranked higher. McCarron is too high for my liking at this point. Loucheiz Purifoy is not even on his top 32, which I think will change in about 8 months from now.

Y! SPORTS

On paper the 2014 class looks very good IMO. I know we are out of race for Clowney, so I'm willing to do a 2013 type like move by moving up to the high teens once more to acquire Watkins (Boldin is out, and we are preparing for Crabtree's situation as well). Sh8 I might even consider doing a St. Louis Rams type like move (top 10 pick) to acquire him. Watkins is better than Patterson and Austin who I liked a lot this year.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
...so I'm willing to do a 2013 type like move by moving up to the high teens once more to acquire Watkins (Boldin is out, and we are preparing for Crabtree's situation as well). Sh8 I might even consider doing a St. Louis Rams type like move (top 10 pick) to acquire him. Watkins is better than Patterson and Austin who I liked a lot this year.

That's exactly the plan I'd want too at this point. He's no AJ Green or Julio Jones (a WR with everything including being huge), but he's the best thing since them. At this point, a true #1 WR would help more than anything else IMO.

I hope it's a deep CB draft, so they can get a good one later in the draft.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That's exactly the plan I'd want too at this point. He's no AJ Green or Julio Jones (a WR with everything including being huge), but he's the best thing since them. At this point, a true #1 WR would help more than anything else IMO.

I hope it's a deep CB draft, so they can get a good one later in the draft.

We squandered our chances to get one good one this year. SMH. Next year's CB class is not as deep as this year but it is deeper than 2012 class. We definitely can find ourselves a starter in round two however.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Tajh Boyd - QB - Tigers

NFL Network's Albert Breer senses the 2014 QB scouts are most excited about is Clemson's Tajh Boyd.

Many were surprised when Boyd didn't declare for the 2013 draft after he greatly improved during his sophomore and junior year. It will be interesting to see how he handles this season, after losing DeAndre Hopkins and Andre Ellington to the NFL. Regardless, Boyd showed improved pocket presence to evade pressure and buy himself time to test vertically.
Source: Albert Breer on Twitter

May 5 - 11:31 AM