• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 NCAA FB Season / 2014 NFL draft

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jeff Driskel - QB - Gators

Florida head coach Will Muschamp is happy with junior QB Jeff Driskel's offseason progression.

"Again, I've been nothing but pleased to this point of how he's attacked the offseason mentally and how he's worked," Muschamp said. "It's watching film, it's understanding schematically where to take the ball, (understanding) where you're protected. The film study, the mental repetition is so vital for all players, but especially as cerebral as the (quarterback) position can be, that's vital."
Source: Gator Sports

May 6 - 9:08 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
David Yankey - G - Cardinal

Stanford senior T David Yankey is moving to G for the 2013 season.

Scouts In.c's Kevin Weidl thinks the position change is a more natural fit. "Yankey has just average athleticism/feet but he's versatile, smart and has a lot of natural inline power," Weidl tweeted. "Like this guys toughness on tape." The Cardinal had two offensive linemen drafted high in 2012, and Yankey could prove to be another early pick in 2014.
Source: Kevin Weidl on Twitter

May 7 - 9:55 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Will Sutton - DL - Sun Devils

Arizona State senior DT Will Sutton's snaps per pressure rate was 6.6 last season, which would have ranked as the best number of any pass rusher in the 2013 class.

Per The Sideline View's Greg Peshek, "that’s roughly equal to how often noted pass rushers Jarvis Jones and Alex Okafor got to the quarterback. That type of SPP would have made Sutton the best pass rusher of the entire draft, despite playing at defensive tackle." We are big fans of Sutton's game, but some will question his NFL projection due to his less than 300 pound frame.
Source: The Sideline View

May 8 - 9:00 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
David Fales - QB - Spartans

NFL Network's Daniel Jeremiah tweeted that the buzz is already building around San Jose State QB David Fales.

We've mentioned Fales a few times after seeing his tape when spotlighting David Quessenberry and Ryan Otten. He flashes tremendous talent as a pocket passer, showing touch downfield and an ability to work through the pocket and progressions to find open receivers.
Source: Daniel Jeremiah on Twitter

May 7 - 5:35 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This is one of the fastest players in college football:

Tevin Reese - WR - Bears

Baylor senior WR Tevin Reese dropped 13.1 percent of targets thrown his way in 2012.

Reese did average around nine yards after the catch, which is a number larger than Tavon Austin's total in 2012. However, this drop percentage was even worse than Justin Hunter, who was widely criticized for his unreliable hands. Reese will need to take the next step in 2013 and continue the trend for ultra productive receivers from Baylor.

May 8 - 9:16 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Who ever has the 2nd pick next year is getting one heck of a player. Regardless, I wouldn't pass up on Clowney for nobody. Bridgewater is good enough though to make the 2nd worse team in the league reach the playoffs in his first year as a pro:

Teddy Bridgewater - QB - Cardinals

Louisville junior QB Teddy Bridgewater completed 71 percent of his throws that traveled six to 15 yards beyond the line of scrimmage.

The number is ridiculously high, since many college passers average around 50 to 60 percent in that intermediate area. Bridgewater is a pure pocket passer, with a great feel for pressure to evade it and find receivers downfield. "When you break down his incompletions, he threw into coverage less than any QB in the past draft class and flat out missed his receivers less as well," according to Greg Peshek of The Sideline View.

May 8 - 10:05 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
People have started picking up on Marcus Mariota. The bandwagon is going to get even worse by October:

Braxton Miller - QB - Buckeyes

ESPN's Brock Huard ranks Ohio State junior Braxton Miller as the No. 5 draft-eligible QB for the 2014 draft.

Miller checks in behind Teddy Bridgewater, Tajh Boyd, Aaron murray, and Marcus Mariota. However, Huard does place Miller ahead of big names like A.J. McCarron, Johnny Manziel, Stephen Morris, Logan Thomas, and Derek Carr. "Accuracy can't always be taught, but neither can winning and toughness," Huard writes. "If his passing efficiency improves, Miller's stock will soar and NFL teams will clamor for a leader they couldn't find in the 2013 draft."
Source: ESPN

May 8 - 12:43 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
As expected...

Loucheiz Purifoy - DB - Gators

ESPN's Mel Kiper ranks Florida junior CB Loucheiz Purifoy as the No. 10 overall prospect heading into the 2013 season.

"An exceptional athlete, Purifoy also provides value as a returner," Kiper writes. "He has the ball skills of a wide receiver and could also see time there in 2013. Can get beat because he's still finding his way in terms of technique, but more seasoning could make him a star." Despite losing multiple defensive prospects to the 2013 NFL Draft, the Gators' defense will remain very talented.
Source: ESPN

May 8 - 1:31 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Who ever has the 2nd pick next year is getting one heck of a player. Regardless, I wouldn't pass up on Clowney for nobody. Bridgewater is good enough though to make the 2nd worse team in the league reach the playoffs in his first year as a pro:

Teddy Bridgewater - QB - Cardinals

Louisville junior QB Teddy Bridgewater completed 71 percent of his throws that traveled six to 15 yards beyond the line of scrimmage.

The number is ridiculously high, since many college passers average around 50 to 60 percent in that intermediate area. Bridgewater is a pure pocket passer, with a great feel for pressure to evade it and find receivers downfield. "When you break down his incompletions, he threw into coverage less than any QB in the past draft class and flat out missed his receivers less as well," according to Greg Peshek of The Sideline View.

May 8 - 10:05 AM

This debate will go on and on:
Take 2: Clowney or Bridgewater No. 1 pick? - College Football Nation Blog - ESPN

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Last edited by a moderator:

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
for me, there would be no debate, the franchise QB beats a franchise defender. granted, that every down defender with a fierce rush, is the second most valuable player. obviously, this assumes the team has equal need for both positions.

It's not as black and white as you're making it seem to be IMO. Russell Wilson, he is certainly a franchise QB, do you think he is as valuable/talented of a player as in Andrew Luck? It seems as though you are packaging "all franchise" QBs into one pot? Andrew Luck is rare, Wilson is not a rare talent despite hime being a "franchise QB"?

On the other hand, Clowney is not your typical "franchise defender"? It's not often you get a player like Andrew Luck when he enters the draft? As a matter of fact, a lot of people including myself were saying that Luck is the best QB prospect since Elway? Of course as a team, you cannot pass up on that?

Fast forward to 2014, Jadeveon Clowney is the best defensive end prospect since Bruce Smith? Look at him as the Andrew Luck of defensive end? While trying to evaluate how "rare" of a player Teddy Bridgewater is, if that is sufficient enough to pass up on a Bruce Smith type of talent? He'll dominate like Reggie White and Lawrence Taylor did? Is that worth passing up on for a player like that? Can you afford to get a 2nd round QB instead (Kaepernick per se to groom a QB for the future)?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's not as black and white as you're making it seem to be IMO. Russell Wilson, he is certainly a franchise QB, do you think he is as valuable/talented of a player as in Andrew Luck? It seems as though you are packaging "all franchise" QBs into one pot? Andrew Luck is rare, Wilson is not a rare talent despite hime being a "franchise QB"?

On the other hand, Clowney is not your typical "franchise defender"? It's not often you get a player like Andrew Luck when he enters the draft? As a matter of fact, a lot of people including myself were saying that Luck is the best QB prospect since Elway? Of course as a team, you cannot pass up on that?

Fast forward to 2014, Jadeveon Clowney is the best defensive end prospect since Bruce Smith? Look at him as the Andrew Luck of defensive end? While trying to evaluate how "rare" of a player Teddy Bridgewater is, if that is sufficient enough to pass up on a Bruce Smith type of talent? He'll dominate like Reggie White and Lawrence Taylor did? Is that worth passing up on for a player like that? Can you afford to get a 2nd round QB instead (Kaepernick per se to groom a QB for the future)?

yes, it isn't easy to determine a players value. i posted that with the assumption of "equal" value, but ok, its easier said than done.

what you're saying above is if Clowney has clearly more value, thus our "BPA" so to speak? if this is the case, yes, i'd take Clowney instead.

btw - for me, neither Wilson nor Kaep are franchise QB's. they may very well near future, but just want to see more of it.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
btw - for me, neither Wilson nor Kaep are franchise QB's. they may very well near future, but just want to see more of it.

He's not but a college prospect that hasn't taken his team to the SB is?

:ranger:

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
yes, it isn't easy to determine a players value. i posted that with the assumption of "equal" value, but ok, its easier said than done.

what you're saying above is if Clowney has clearly more value, thus our "BPA" so to speak? if this is the case, yes, i'd take Clowney instead.

He Blasphemes!! Let's stone his a$$!

Anyway Sick, this is what you initially stated: "for me, there would be no debate, the franchise QB beats a franchise defender."
I was saying that you cannot put "all franchise QBs into one pot". And also, Clowney is not your typical franchise defender.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He Blaspheme!! Let's stone his a$$!

Anyway Sick, this is what you initially stated: "for me, there would be no debate, the franchise QB beats a franchise defender."
I was saying that you cannot put "all franchise QBs into one pot". And also, Clowney is not your typical franchise defender.

Sick?

yeah, thats what i said you said.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You're right, Kaep has proven much more.

no, you're purposely mixing college and NFL when you shouldn't. the earlier posting should be clear from context, but if you don't catch it, fine.

if you're declaring Kaep a franchise QB, no problem here. i'm certainly not rooting against him, but IMO you have to show it more than 10 games before reaching 'franchise' level? so all i'm asking for is Kaep to continue what he did thru 2013. in particular, you have to show it on the passing aspect cause thats what the NFL has become.

although Wilson played in more games, still feel one year doesn't confirm you're as a franchise QB. so same for him, he needs to show more consistency over 2013.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
So I know the Niners went DL with 3 of their top 6 picks (2 if you don't count Lemonier), but I think DL should still be a high priority next offseason. Especially if JSmith either retires or goes to another team.

Dial is a NT prospect IMO. If he works out well, I think he'll be a useful backup to Dorsey (whom I wish the Niners signed for 3 or 4 years rather than just 2; just like I wanted the Niners to sign Rogers to a 3 or 4 year deal rather than 1 when he came from Washington).

Even if Carradine pans out & becomes the next great RDE, the Niners wouldn't hve much depth at DE if JSmith leaves. And I'm hoping the Niners look at a 3rd DE like they do a 3rd CB; don't settle for just anyone to be the first guy off the bench.