• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 NCAA FB Season / 2014 NFL draft

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He's head and shoulders better than your boy Paul Richardson who you believe is a #1.

I don't think Richardson is a #1 WR. The guy is the best speedster in this draft when it comes it taking off the top of a defense. He'd make a great #2. He's uncoverable, but his lack of focus and obviously weight absolutely kill him.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be the 49ers are going to get the steal of the draft in Marquise Lee.

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I gotta hand it to the Patriots.. Getting Easley there is ridiculous.. If they put him on IR right now, they technically could have him on team control for 6 total years at low numbers..

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta hand it to the Patriots.. Getting Easley there is ridiculous.. If they put him on IR right now, they technically could have him on team control for 6 total years at low numbers..

Disagree. With 2 ACL surgeries, a 1st rd pick for a guy that you could conceivably get in the 2nd/3rd with serious injury concerns, that's not really ridiculous as in ridiculously good at all. Think if the Niners had drafted Lattimore in the 1st round last year. Would you have jumped for joy then?

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I understand completely. I would have been frustrated if we did that, but I don't believe Easley's knee injuries were as damaging as lattimore's. Now that's silly to say because an ACL tear is and ACL tear, but I think we all understand there can be differing degrees of damage. To me, it makes sense because he can be such a dominant force that I would risk it. Do I think we should have taken him at 30 if he was there? No.. But I do realize he could Easley(see what I did there..) pay out for them.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand completely. I would have been frustrated if we did that, but I don't believe Easley's knee injuries were as damaging as lattimore's. Now that's silly to say because an ACL tear is and ACL tear, but I think we all understand there can be differing degrees of damage. To me, it makes sense because he can be such a dominant force that I would risk it. Do I think we should have taken him at 30 if he was there? No.. But I do realize he could Easley(see what I did there..) pay out for them.

I get what you are saying, I just don't like taking guys with MULTIPLE injury concerns in the 1st round. The mid rounds is where I believe you take guys with high upside but with injury concerns, but hey, that's just MY preference.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Seattle maybe just reached for the Percy Harvin migraine insurance policy.

I think they needed a bigger WR all their WRs are on the small side.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Someone on the general board pointed this out for those who missed it.

Brady Quinn, Brandon Weeden, Jonny Manziel. What do they have in common besides them all being lame QBs?

They were picked w/ the 22nd selection overall. The 22 curse continues.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Interesting to note that JP Losman and Rex Grossman were also picked 22nd overall.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone on the general board pointed this out for those who missed it.

Brady Quinn, Brandon Weeden, Jonny Manziel. What do they have in common besides them all being lame QBs?

They were picked w/ the 22nd selection overall. The 22 curse continues.

There was a graphic on draft day that showed the same. Funny how the Browns like drafting bust QBs at 22.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Figured I'd stick this here instead of starting a new thread:

Five days after the Bengals made him their fifth-round selection in the draft, quarterback AJ McCarron told reporters he was "hurt" by reports last Saturday that suggested he was overly cocky, and that he rubbed various team executives the wrong way during pre-draft meetings.

"It [stinks] that it hurt me like that, but at the same time, I feel like God had a plan," McCarron said Wednesday afternoon from Paul Brown Stadium's South end zone. "Everything's going to work itself out. I'm happy, and hopefully at the end of the day I'll get the last laugh."

I try to keep religion out of conversations as a general rule, but this sort of thing kills me. Yes, AJ, it was God's plan for you to fall in the draft because you're a self-centered dick. He's just testing you by making you badmouth teammates in the lead-up to the draft.