• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 NCAA FB Season / 2014 NFL draft

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
49ers Have Trade Partners Lined Up

Mentions the best WR in the draft... Brandin Cooks!

Unfortunately he mentioned Kelvin Benjamin too. :(

...I know he wasn't endorsing either one. Just obsessing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope we don't trade up for Beckham. I just don't see the talent there to warrant trading up for and the WR class is fairly deep this year. I think you could sit at #30 and still find a good WR prospect instead of trading up for Beckham who at least to me is just not an elite talent. He is a #2 WR at best will struggle greatly against the bigger more physical DB's.

I've been watching some of the tape on him and Latimer today and of the two I see more potential in Latimer. Latimer reminds me a bit of Crabtree, but I like how he willingly played special teams. That reflects very well on him as a team guy.

I need to watch some of the other top prospects tonight, but so far I don't see the buzz on Beckham. Without watching more tape though I don't feel any of the WR's have true #1 potential past Evans and Watkins.

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question for the big draft guys:

Which players would you be happy trading up for and which would you be disappointed that we traded up for?

I am really not sure which WR/CB are the best. I hope we draft one and would be disappointed if it was any other position.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are some prop bets on vbookie for you guys to have fun with tomorrow. (Tonight here YAY its draft day)

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Question for the big draft guys:

Which players would you be happy trading up for and which would you be disappointed that we traded up for?

I am really not sure which WR/CB are the best. I hope we draft one and would be disappointed if it was any other position.

Trading up:
Good: Evans, Fuller, Robinson, Pryor, S. Watkins

Bad: Benjamin, ODB, Gilbert, Verrett, Cooks

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Good: Cooks, Roby, Gilbert

Bad: Dennard, Benjamin, ODB, Donald, C-Dix

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trading up:
Good: Evans, Fuller, Robinson, Pryor, S. Watkins

Bad: Benjamin, ODB, Gilbert, Verrett, Cooks

Good: Cooks, Roby, Gilbert

Bad: Dennard, Benjamin, ODB, Donald, C-Dix

Looks like you are guys aren't on the same page with Cooks and Gilbert.. I personally like Gilbert. Haven't seen Cooks at all though...

I really hope we don't trade up for Roby though..

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rather get a CB if they are going to trade up but if the pick is between Roby and Cooks I would take Cooks, Roby just doesn't impress me, his effort and tackling is shaky at best.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll just have to wait and see how things play out, I would be happy with Cooks probably not in the early teens. They would need to draft a CB in the 2nd round for sure.

UgOtBuCkEd21GoRe

49ersMichiganDubsA's
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having looked at roughly 15 mock drafts, the consensus pick is Odell Beckham Jr. I have even seen a mock where the 49ers trade up to 8th overall to get him! That's crazy and absurd and will turn the television set off if that happens. Since Watkins would be too much and out of the conversation I really hope we land Gilbert.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Having looked at roughly 15 mock drafts, the consensus pick is Odell Beckham Jr. I have even seen a mock where the 49ers trade up to 8th overall to get him! That's crazy and absurd and will turn the television set off if that happens. Since Watkins would be too much and out of the conversation I really hope we land Gilbert.

That would really piss me off. I hope Baalke isn't that desperate.

michaelwarner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would really piss me off. I hope Baalke isn't that desperate.

If we are trading up into the top 10 it has to be for only Watkins. I love ODB but that is too early for him. He is rising though so it won't surprise if he goes there.

I'd prefer CB or WR. Clearly there are great players at other positions.

Top 10 trade up-Watkins

Top 10-15-Gilbert, Evans(He won't be there) and ODB (13-15 at the earliest)

16-23-Fuller, Roby, Cooks,

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If I'm Baalke I would seriously consider making this deal. I would execute this trade and set the league on fire:

Jadeveon Clowney - DL - Gamecocks

Houston demands three first-round picks and a second-rounder to move down from No. 1 overall, according to FOX Sports' Jay Glazer.

Of course, there asking price is on a "sliding scale," according to Glazer, depending on how far the Texans are asked to move down. This news isn't surprising, as it essentially echoes Ed Werder's Tuesday night report. Nobody is going to pay this ransom, which is probably why it's being leaked. If Houston lowers its demands, a trade is entirely possible. If it holds firm, they'll be picking first.
Source: Jay Glazer on Twitter

May 7 - 7:32 PM

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm Baalke I would seriously consider making this deal. I would execute this trade and set the league on fire:

Houston demands three first-round picks and a second-rounder to move down from No. 1 overall, according to FOX Sports' Jay Glazer.

Of course, there asking price is on a "sliding scale," according to Glazer, depending on how far the Texans are asked to move down. This news isn't surprising, as it essentially echoes Ed Werder's Tuesday night report. Nobody is going to pay this ransom, which is probably why it's being leaked. If Houston lowers its demands, a trade is entirely possible. If it holds firm, they'll be picking first.

If I was the Atlanta Falcons I'd offer #6, #37, and 2015 1st. I might consider a 2015 3rd or 4th rounder or a 2016 2nd, but I would not go to 3 1st rounders. I think giving up a 2nd and future 1st is more than enough to move up 5 spots. The Texans drop to #6 and likely get their pick on whichever QB they want.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Looks like Houston is staying at 1. Lol

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade up: Fuller, Gilbert, ODB, or Lee

Stay put: Verrett, Ford, or Benjamin

Trade down: Moncrief, Latimer, Desir, Jean-Baptiste, McGill, or Joyner

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Draft rumor mill on draft day: Draft Notes & More - 1:47 p.m. ET - Seahawks CB Richard Sherman has signed a 4-year extension with the Seahawks worth $14.25 million a year, with $40 million guaranteed...1:34 p.m. ET - Pro Football Talk reports the Bills have been burning up the phone lines in an effort to work out a deal that would get them into one of the top two picks in the draft...11:18 a.m. ET - Bob McGinn of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reports three NFL people that he really trusts said the NFL is giving serious consideration to scheduling the draft a week or two later in 2015...7:57 a.m. ET - Ian Rapaport of the NFL Network reports LSU QB Zach Mettenberger's back was red-flagged by several teams prior to the NFL Draft. Mettenberger reportedly has Spondylolysis.

Draft Notes & More...7:12 p.m. ET - Jay Glazer of Fox Sports reports the Browns won't be drafting Johnny Manziel at No.4...The NFL Network reports Clemson WR Sammy Watkins was told by the Lions that they are trying to move up in the draft to take him...Sal Paolantonio of ESPN reports the Eagles are trying to move into the top 10 of the draft to take Clemson WR Sammy Watkins or Texas A&M WR Mike Evans..2:26 p.m. ET - Chris Mortensen of ESPN reports the Titans have a pretty good grade on Central Florida QB Blake Bortles...12:40 p.m. ET Dan Pompei of the Bleacher Report reports the Chiefs are believed to be willing to deal CB Brandon Flowers...8:48 a.m. ET - Ian Rapaport of the NFL Network reports the Bills and the Lions are trying to move up into the top 5 of the draft for a bargain price...8:29 a.m ET - Ian Rapaport of the NFL Network reports the Jets and 49ers are looking to move up in the first round of the draft to take a receiver...7:33 a.m. ET - The Raiders are reportedly willing to take less than trade chart value in an attempt to move down from pick No. 5 in the draft.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we trade up to the mid teens to draft Gilbert or Fuller with our 1st, then trade back up towards the top of the 2nd for a WR like Moncrief or Matthews. I don't think the value is there to trade up into the 1st to get a WR unless someone like Evans drops out of the top 10. But I do think we could be drafting a #1 CB if we trade up to 12-18.