• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 NCAA FB Season / 2014 NFL draft

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no, you're purposely mixing college and NFL when you shouldn't. the earlier posting should be clear from context, but if you don't catch it, fine.

if you're declaring Kaep a franchise QB, no problem here. i'm certainly not rooting against him, but IMO you have to show it more than 10 games before reaching 'franchise' level? so all i'm asking for is Kaep to continue what he did thru 2013. in particular, you have to show it on the passing aspect cause thats what the NFL has become.

although Wilson played in more games, still feel one year doesn't confirm you're as a franchise QB. so same for him, he needs to show more consistency over 2013.

When you're talking about the draft, you most certainly should mix college and pro. What I'm saying is how can you cay Kaep is not a franchise QB but this kid with no NFL snaps is? If Kaep were in the draft this year, do you think he would have been in the running for the 1st pick?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
When you're talking about the draft, you most certainly should mix college and pro. What I'm saying is how can you cay Kaep is not a franchise QB but this kid with no NFL snaps is? If Kaep were in the draft this year, do you think he would have been in the running for the 1st pick?

when you talk about a college player, the use of 'franchise' in this CONTEXT is taken as 'projected' franchise player. obviously, he hasn't entered the NFL yet.

when i said Kaep isn't a franchise QB yet, the use of 'franchise' in this CONTEXT is obviously - should be obvious - has he proven himself YET as a franchise QB in the NFL........not projected franchise like a college prospect.

it appears you're taken aback by me not annointing Kap a franchise QB? IF so, to each his own opinion. but then don't get why you're mixing in the context for college QB? if you're having issue with my opinion on Kap, hit it directly?

there are only so many times i should need to explain 'context'?

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when you talk about a college player, the use of 'franchise' in this CONTEXT is taken as 'projected' franchise player. obviously, he hasn't entered the NFL yet.

when i said Kaep isn't a franchise QB yet, the use of 'franchise' in this CONTEXT is obviously - should be obvious - has he proven himself YET as a franchise QB in the NFL........not projected franchise like a college prospect.

it appears you're taken aback by me not annointing Kap a franchise QB? IF so, to each his own opinion. but then don't get why you're mixing in the context for college QB? if you're having issue with my opinion on Kap, hit it directly?

I understand the distinction between 'projected' and 'proven', but where does that leave Kap? What adjective would you use to qualify his QB stature, and where would you place Kap on this hierarchy? Would you place him above or below most or all 'projected' franchise QB's?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I understand the distinction between 'projected' and 'proven', but where does that leave Kap? What adjective would you use to qualify his QB stature, and where would you place Kap on this hierarchy? Would you place him above or below most or all 'projected' franchise QB's?

off hand don't know what a good adjective would be? can i descrive it like this......Kap is a franchise QB in the making? an imminent franchise QB?

his performance over 10 games WAS at a franchise level, mainly due to his passing. so for ME, just want to see similar play over time. this isn't much different from ANY 'elite' player, we don't say they're elite after a short period?

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not "taken aback" by anything just don't get the double standard. Just say they both have franchise potential, unless you think Kaep has hit his ceiling.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Mel Kiper's Top 50 for 2014
1.DE Jadevon Clowney, South Carolina *
2. QB Teddy Bridgewater, Louisville *
3. WR Marqise Lee, USC *
4. OT Cyrus Kouandijo, Alabama *
5. OLB Anthony Barr, UCLA
6. OT Jake Matthews, Texas A&M
7. NT Louis Nix III, Notre Dame *
8. OT Taylor Lewan, Michigan
9. CB Bradley Roby, Ohio State *
10. CB Loucheiz Purifoy, Florida *
11. OT Antonio Richardson, Tennessee *
12. OLB Adrian Hubbard, Alabama *
13. DE Stephon Tuitt, Notre Dame *
14. CB Ifo Ekpre-Olomu, Oregon *
15. DT Timmy Jernigan, Florida State *
16. WR Sammy Watkins, Clemson *
17. OLB C.J. Mosley, Alabama
18. WR Mike Evans, Texas A&M *
19. OT Cameron Erving, Florida State *
20. DE Aaron Lynch, South Florida *
21. QB Tajh Boyd, Clemson
22. DT Anthony Johnson, LSU *
23. OLB Kyle Van Noy, BYU
24. TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Washington *
25. QB Johnny Manziel, Texas A&M *
26. LB Ryan Shazier, Ohio State *
27. WR Brandon Coleman, Rutgers *
28. RB/WR De'Anthony Thomas, Oregon *
29. OG David Yankey, Stanford *
30. S Ha'Shean Clinton-Dix, Alabama *
31. DE Scott Crichton, Oregon State *
32. OLB Christian Jones, Florida State *
33. QB Marcus Mariota, Oregon *
34. RB Lache Seastrunk, Baylor *
35. OLB Jeremiah Attaochu, Georgia Tech
36. CB Aaron Colvin, Oklahoma *
37. RB Ka'Deem Carey, Arizona *
38. DE Jackson Jeffcoat, Texas
39. LB Trey DePriest, Alabama *
40. S Ed Reynolds, Stanford *
41. QB A.J. McCarron, Alabama
42. DE Morgan Breslin, USC
43. DT Daniel McCullers, Tennessee *
44. CB Jason Verrett, TCU
45. LB Yawin Smallwood, Uconn *
46. DE Deandre Coleman, California
47. CB Quandre Diggs, Texas *
48. WR Jordan Matthews, Vanderbilt
49. OG Gabe Jackson, Mississippi State
50. LB A.J. Johnson, Tennessee *

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Irish Chocolate rated 7th overall. Probably out of reach. :( He teased me when I thought he was going to enter the draft this year. Anthony Johnson at 22 would be nice though.

Sammy Watkins at 16th though. Not bad.
Clinton-Dix at 30 looks good. I really hope people overlook Bradley Roby.

Jackson Jeffcoat could be a wildcard this year.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Based on my first impression analysis of Marqise Lee VS Sammy Watkins, I'd have to agree with Kiper that Lee is the better prospect. Watkins seems like he might have a little more power, but Lee seems to accelerate quicker. They're both great prospects, but I'd give Lee the edge at this point despite the red flag of not having a U after the Q in his name.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Speaking of Lee, I didn't know he played on the same high school team as George Farmer & Robert Woods. Wow. Wouldn't suck to be that QB.

I wonder what will become of Farmer now that he has to come back from a torn ACL & MCL. He'll have 1 more chance to prove himself, but he'll have to wait 'til next year 'cause he's out for the 2013 season.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I just realized Will Sutton isn't in Kiper's top 50. The guy was Pac 12 defensive player of the year.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Based on my first impression analysis of Marqise Lee VS Sammy Watkins, I'd have to agree with Kiper that Lee is the better prospect. Watkins seems like he might have a little more power, but Lee seems to accelerate quicker. They're both great prospects, but I'd give Lee the edge at this point despite the red flag of not having a U after the Q in his name.

Watkins > Lee

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Whitfield: Most complete QB in NCAA

is Boyd QB guru George Whitfield believes Clemson senior Tajh Boyd is the most complete QB in college football today.

"I think he brings the most to the table in terms of tools and intangibles," Whitfield said. "I think he is the most capable of hurting a defensive coordinator's gameplan... I am not saying he is this man, but in a lot of ways it is like watching Aaron Rodgers play." Whitfield went on to discuss how defenses have to "pick their poison" in regards to pressuring Boyd, since he can beat them with his feet, or sit back and be picked apart with his arm.
Source: NFL.com

May 10 - 4:22 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Whitfield: Manziel remains a work in progress

Speaking with NFL Network's Bucky Brooks, QB guru George Whitfield believes Texas A&M redshirt sophomore QB Johnny Manziel is still a work in progress.

"In terms of his position, he is just scratching the surface." Whitfield said. "He is working towards getting bigger and stronger. At one point this spring he was up to 212, now he's at 208 pounds." Whitfield went on to add that at the end of the season, Manziel weighed 191 pounds. They discussed his improvements mechanically, but Whitfield admitted that Manziel would not be prepared for the NFL level right now. We agree and do not take it as a strong criticism and instead appreciate the honesty.
Source: NFL.com

May 10 - 4:11 PM

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

based on my first impression of Lee (USC played Hawaii), he's good at pushing off. on every play they showed of him, he was pushing off more than i thought typical?

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
People don't understand how fast Watkins is. He's more explosive than Cordarelle Patterson with similar size. Lee is fast too, but not Watkins fast. Both players are crafty in running routes (a slight advantage to Lee with that regard), but Watkins has better ball skills. Again, his speed is so unfair and he is so versatile, and his ability to work the sidelines is at already at pro level (a la Chad Johnson in that particular skill set):

Last edited by a moderator:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Lee my have been playing against slower players than Watkins when I watched him, but this is a good example of why NFL scouts need to evaluate this kind of thing by the numbers they get from the NFL combine.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Aaron Murray - QB - Bulldogs

NFL.com's Gil Brandt ranks Georgia's Aaron Murray as the top senior QB.

Alabama's A.J. McCarron checked in at No. 2, with Tajh Boyd, Derek Carr of Fresno State and David Fales rounding out the top five. We would move Boyd and Fales higher on the list, but plenty can change in the next year in terms of evaluations for this quarterback class.
Source: Gil Brandt on Twitter

May 13 - 2:32 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I agree. He showed some promising signs last year. He is chiselsed too, I really like his physique. I still have to see more of him though:

TJ Jones - WR - Fighting Irish

CBS Sports' Dane Brugler believes Notre Dame senior WR TJ Jones could emerge as a legitimate NFL prospect in 2013.

"Jones has excellent footwork in his routes and sets up his moves well, doing a nice job working back to the ball to give his quarterback a clean target," Brugler writes. "He fights for the ball and shows strong hands to come down with throws away from his body, making some tough catches look easy. Jones has an accurate sense of his surroundings with good shake after the catch to slither around defenders and explode upfield."
Source: CBS Sports

May 14 - 8:44 AM