• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 NCAA FB Season / 2014 NFL draft

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Everett Golson - QB - Fighting Irish

Irish Illustrated reports former junior Everett Golson departure from Notre Dame was due to academic misconduct, and it was not the QB's first offense.

"Sources also told Irish Illustrated that Golson’s offense wasn't his first, which would maintain the precedent of a semester departure for punishment," writes Pete Sampson. Since the departure was academic related, it would be tough for Golson to transfer to another program, and there has already been discussions of him returning for the 2014 season.
Source: Rivals

May 28 - 12:33 PM

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
With the options at DB and the Niners' team needs, I think I might have to join Clyde on the Lamarcus Joyner bandwagon this season (assuming he isn't 5'7 like I've seen him listed). I want the Niners to get a guy who can play both CB and FS but will play FS in the NFL. And he can return kicks. The advantage is that his size may cause him to fall out of the first round, but he doesn't lack anything in coverage ability and willingness to hit.

There are a lot of bigger DBs who I think play better in the box (like Eric Reid IMO) in this next draft class like C-Dix, Dion Bailey, Ed Reynolds... I know I'm blanking on some name(s) here... anyway, I'm actually hoping for a DL in the first round (as long as Lemonier pans out), so Joyner could be a guy who slips like his teamate Carradine did (for different reasons of course). I'd be worried about him covering Julio Jones & maybe Aaron Dobson, but he'd be perfect to cover Percy Harvin.

Arm length & vertical are going to be big for this guy.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
With the options at DB and the Niners' team needs, I think I might have to join Clyde on the Lamarcus Joyner bandwagon this season (assuming he isn't 5'7 like I've seen him listed). I want the Niners to get a guy who can play both CB and FS but will play FS in the NFL. And he can return kicks. The advantage is that his size may cause him to fall out of the first round, but he doesn't lack anything in coverage ability and willingness to hit.

He was measured at 5'7 3/4 last year in the spring. He MAY get a hair over 5'8 at some point during the process but it probably won't be by much.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
He was measured at 5'7 3/4 last year in the spring. He MAY get a hair over 5'8 at some point during the process but it probably won't be by much.

Thanks CP. That's pretty short. He'd probably be the shortest safety in the league. Maybe even the shortest DB? Arm length will be a big deal for him.

Bob Sanders was 5'8 205, but he was always better at tackling than he was in coverage. :think:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what i liked about Ginn is ball security. PR is a tough job and no one will be PERFECT, but overall he did a very good job.

thats what our new PR needs to do, make good judgements, catch the ball if you decide to catch it, and SECURE it. don't care if he doesn't get return yards, or even lose a FEW yards trying, but don't lose it.

Argh! I wish he had been healthy last year in the postseason. Yes, there were other factors, but if he is sure-handed, that increases our chances. Though KW did get one big one for the game tying drive.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Austin Seferian-Jenkins - TE - Huskies

After watching four tapes of Washington junior Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Scouts Inc.'s Kevin Weidl questions the TEs toughness.

Weidl calls Seferian-Jenkins "super talented" but believes the tight end is on the opposite end of the spectrum than Rob Gronkowski in the toughness department. We consider Seferian-Jenkins an excellent receiving tight end prospect, but the toughness does come into play both as a blocker and in contested situations.
Source: Kevin Weidl on Twitter

Jun 3 - 2:42 PM

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Random note on Sammy Watkins:

I didn't know he was suspended 2 games for drug possession arrest. First red flag I've seen on one of the best propsects in college football.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Anohter rabdom note: I didn't know DeAnthony Thomas' nickname was "Black Momba" (preferred misspelling according to wiki).

I always thought that was a pretty lame nickname for Kobe Bryant (doesn't exactly roll off the tongue), but I think that's even more lame for someone to recycle the nickname of a MUCH more famous athlete & hand it down to a college running back.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I can't way for my year two WRs to put on a show:
Tommy Streeter - IR
DeVier Posey - Injured in playoffs
A.J. Jenkins - Held back
Brian Quick - Held back
Michael Floyd - QB Play
Stephen Hill - Jets
Nick Toon - IR (An article turned me onto to him because coming out I wasn't a fan)

I still think 2012 was a deep class specifically for WRs. As one would expect, like any given year some of WRs have already made an impact, but many of them are being slept on!

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Austin Seferian-Jenkins - TE - Huskies

After watching four tapes of Washington junior Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Scouts Inc.'s Kevin Weidl questions the TEs toughness.

Weidl calls Seferian-Jenkins "super talented" but believes the tight end is on the opposite end of the spectrum than Rob Gronkowski in the toughness department. We consider Seferian-Jenkins an excellent receiving tight end prospect, but the toughness does come into play both as a blocker and in contested situations.
Source: Kevin Weidl on Twitter

Jun 3 - 2:42 PM

I'd agree with that. He's never struck me as a particularly tough player, and I feel he falls short of his potential as a result.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I can't way for my year two WRs to put on a show:
Tommy Streeter - IR
DeVier Posey - Injured in playoffs
A.J. Jenkins - Held back
Brian Quick - Held back
Michael Floyd - QB Play
Stephen Hill - Jets
Nick Toon - IR (An article turned me onto to him because coming out I wasn't a fan)

I still think 2012 was a deep class specifically for WRs. As one would expect, like any given year some of WRs have already made an impact, but many of them are being slept on!

Wrong thread.

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Random note on Sammy Watkins:

I didn't know he was suspended 2 games for drug possession arrest. First red flag I've seen on one of the best propsects in college football.

DROP BABY DROP DROP!!!!!!!

we will prolly have to do a Hotlanta trade up and move to the top 6-10 and get him. Prolly worth it with how close we are.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
How did Marcus Coker become so irrelevant to the football world? The guy can absolutely play

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Adrian Hubbard - LB - Crimson Tide

NFL network's Daniel Jeremiah does not consider Alabama redshirt junior OLB Adrian Hubbard a "dynamic pass rusher."

"Hubbard is strong at the point of attack," but he plays "too high, lacks twitch and stalls on bull rush," according to Jeremiah. Hubbard has continued to draw attention thanks to his frame and splash plays, but he needs to consistently generate pressure in order to be mentioned with other top edge rushers.
Source: Daniel Jeremiah on Twitter

Jun 19 - 10:34 AM

Adrian Hubbard - LB - Crimson Tide

Scouts Inc.'s Todd McShay believes Alabama redshirt junior OLB Adrian Hubbard lacks elite quickness off the edge.

Hubbard "plays high, lacks elite 1st step and suddeness," according to McShay. He added the pass rusher is a smooth athlete with violent hands and is strong versus the run while displaying versatility. Hubbard never truly hit his stride last year and will need to take a big step forward in order to improve the Crimson Tide's pass rush.
Source: Todd McShay on Twitter

Jun 19 - 10:19 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Loucheiz Purifoy - DB - Gators

Scouts Inc.'s Todd McShay believes Florida junior CB Loucheiz Purifoy has a chance to be a superstar in 2013.

"Purifoy isn't the most polished corner in terms of cover skills, but with his combination of size, speed, fluidity, body control and top-end speed there is nothing missing from his physical skill set," McShay writes. The draft analyst added Purifoy could be the next Joe Haden "and he could possibly test better than Haden."
Source: ESPN

Jun 21 - 11:04 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
A.J. McCarron - QB - Crimson Tide

Scouts Inc.'s Todd McShay believes Alabama redshirt senior QB A.J. McCarron is a "deceptive athlete."

McShay notes McCarron "protects (the) ball" in the pocket, which is aided by his athleticism, and displays good short to intermediate accuracy and touch. However, McCarron certainly has his negatives, including a long delivery and a poor deep ball. In order to take his evaluation to the next level, McCarron will have to shed the game manager label.
Source: Todd McShay on Twitter

Jun 26 - 1:46 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
David Fales - QB - Spartans

San Jose State senior QB David Fales is "wowing everyone" at the Elite 11 quarterback camp, according to CBS Sports' Bruce Feldman.

Johnny Manziel and Tajh Boyd were among the onlookers impressed. Fales was "throwing strikes" and more than holding his own, per Feldman. Many have recently questioned Fales' velocity and downfield arm, but he compensates for the lack of ideal vertical ability with great pocket awareness and placement.
Source: Bruce Feldman on Twitter

Jul 1 - 10:23 AM