• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 NCAA FB Season / 2014 NFL draft

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
GMs considered '14/'15 QBs during 2013 Draft

NFL General Managers "knew what was in the pipeline" in regards to 2014 and 2015 QB prospects when making decisions at the position during April's draft, according to NFL.com's Bucky Brooks.

Brooks calls the next two quarterback classes "loaded," and early evaluations seem to point that way as well. Whether it be a true pocket passer with "plus" mobility like Teddy Bridgewater, or improving mobile passers with big arms like Marcus Mariota and Brett Hundley, the talent is there to be picked. However, we still have a full season of evaluations ahead of that, so it is too early to immediately crown many of these prospects.
Source: Bucky Brooks on Twitter

Jul 15 - 10:25 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Seferian-Jenkins draws Mercedes Lewis comp

Washington junior TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins drew a comparison to Mercedes Lewis from NFL Network's Daniel Jeremiah.

Jeremiah went on to tweet Seferian-Jenkins' positives, including his "huge, strong hands" and that he is a redzone mismatch. When comparing ASJ to another PAC 12 tight end in Oregon's Colt Lyerla, Jeremiah says the Husky is a better blocker and more polished. Washington quarterback Keith Price regressed a bit last season, and his success will play a part in Seferian-Jenkins' development.
Source: Daniel Jeremiah on Twitter

Jul 15 - 9:49 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
SC teammate: Clowney ran a 4.46 during tests

South Carolina RB Mike Davis tweeted he thinks junior DE Jadeveon Clowney ran a 4.46 forty during spring testing.

Prospects always run fast in spring tests for a variety of reasons, but it is difficult for us to doubt this ridiculous time for a freak athlete like Clowney. The defensive end has already said he will enter the 2014 NFL Draft, so it is just a matter of time until we see him workout in front of evaluators.
Source: Mike Davis on Twitter

Jul 15 - 9:35 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Mich QB Gardner 'might be the next Tannehill'

Michigan junior QB Devin Gardner "might be the next Ryan Tannehill," according to NFL.com's Bucky Brooks.

Brooks went on to tweet that Gardner has "limited experience, but athletic and a ultra-talented passer." The Wolverine spent a majority of his time at receiver, but Gardner stayed equally as prepared at quarterback as well, the same approach Tannehill took at Texas A&M. Brooks added Gardner has "great physical tools" and a "big arm" but we are more impressed when he flashes professional pocket movement.
Source: Bucky Brooks on Twitter

Jul 14 - 1:05 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Report: Manziel sent home from Manning camp

Texas A&M redshirt sophomore QB Johnny Manziel was sent home from the Manning Passing Academy, according to Yard Barker.

The report states Archie Manning sent Manziel home for a number of reasons. The Aggie quarterback apparently showed up late on Saturday after spending "a night on the town" on Friday. "Camp officials told local media that Manziel 'is sick' and was no longer at the camp," the report states. "But our source claims he was kicked out." The site updated their original post, adding Manziel missed multiple meetings on Saturday morning without informing anyone of his absence. "Most people at the camp assume he simply slept through them."
Source: Yard Barker

Jul 14 - 11:34 AM

Manning Academy disputes QB Manziel rumors

ESPN's Chris Mortensen talked with Manning Passing Academy officials who adamantly disputed reports that Texas A&M QB Johnny Manziel was sent home due to "partying."

"Johnny Manziel did participate in some activities in the 2013 Manning Passing Academy as a college counselor/coach," the statement said. "After missing and being late for practice assignments, Johnny explained that he had been feeling ill. Consequently, we agreed that it was in everyone's best interest for him to go home a day early." The initial report stated Manziel missed meetings on Saturday morning after "a night on the town" on Friday. The Aggie quarterback did not finish the camp, but Peyton Manning noted counselors leave early every year, for various reasons. Peyton also invited Manziel back for next year's camp.
Source: ESPN

Jul 14 - 1:46 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Stephen Morris wins Manning Camp competition

Miami senior QB Stephen Morris won the Manning Passing Academy skills competition.

Around 40 of the top quarterbacks in college football attended the event, but we are not surprised by Morris' success. Our own Josh Norris evaluated the Hurricane quarterback a month ago and placed him in the top tier of senior passers, and was close to putting him at the top. Morris lost his offensive coordinator, but he has solid pocket movement, a downfield arm, and a willingness to test defenses.
Source: Chris Mortensen on Twitter

Jul 14 - 11:14 AM

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Manning Academy disputes QB Manziel rumors

ESPN's Chris Mortensen talked with Manning Passing Academy officials who adamantly disputed reports that Texas A&M QB Johnny Manziel was sent home due to "partying."

"Johnny Manziel did participate in some activities in the 2013 Manning Passing Academy as a college counselor/coach," the statement said. "After missing and being late for practice assignments, Johnny explained that he had been feeling ill. Consequently, we agreed that it was in everyone's best interest for him to go home a day early." The initial report stated Manziel missed meetings on Saturday morning after "a night on the town" on Friday. The Aggie quarterback did not finish the camp, but Peyton Manning noted counselors leave early every year, for various reasons. Peyton also invited Manziel back for next year's camp.

Jul 14 - 1:46 PM

Is there any truth to this? Or is it just the standard circling of the wagons?

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Is there any truth to this? Or is it just the standard circling of the wagons?

If I had to take a guess I would say that I think there's a kernel of truth to the story itself. For instance him being late for meetings, but those latenesses had nothing to do with him being tired from partying the night before. As always the media overblows a story in order to get something to write about during this quiet/dead part of football season.

Even if it were true, Manning's camp would not want to throw this kid under the bus in that manner. It would create bad business for future prospects. Kids wouldn't be themselves during competition or whatever setting it may be because they would worry too much about them being scrutinized for any little thing.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1703564-johnny-manziel-leaves-manning-camp-early-officials-dispute-rumors

Johnny Manziel Was Not 'Kicked Out' Of The Manning Passing Academy

Last edited by a moderator:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
If I had to take a guess I would say that I think there's a kernel of truth to the story itself. For instance him being late for meetings, but those latenesses had nothing to do with him being tired from partying the night before. As always the media overblows a story in order to get something to write about during this quiet/dead part of football season.

Even if it were true, Manning's camp would not want to throw this kid under the bus in that manner. It would create bad business for future prospects. Kids wouldn't be themselves during competition or whatever setting it may be because they would worry too much about them being scrutinized for any little thing.

Johnny Manziel Was Not 'Kicked Out' Of The Manning Passing Academy

Could be. Something about this doesn't pass the smell test for me though. Call me jaded, but I'm not sure I buy it.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Could be. Something about this doesn't pass the smell test for me though. Call me jaded, but I'm not sure I buy it.

Johnny Manziel - QB - Aggies

Redshirt sophomore QB Johnny Manziel apologized to Texas A&M coaches after he was reportedly "very upset" when leaving the Manning Passing Academy, according to ESPN's Joe Schad.

Apologizing for being ill or dehydrated? A source also told Schad that Manziel was asked to "come clean" as to why he did not finish his commitment to the Manning's camp. Not only is this making national headlines, the NFL scouting community is likely very interested in acquiring as much information as possible this fall.
Source: SportsCenter on Twitter

Jul 15 - 5:30 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Former Rams GM Billy Devaney believes Texas A&M redshirt sophomore QB Johnny Manziel "has been in the news way too much... for the wrong reasons."

"Nothing earth shattering by itself," Devaney elaborated, "but there is starting to be a pattern where there are little things, one after another. And I guarantee it has got the attention of nearly every NFL team wonder what is the deal with this guy." We suspect the Aggie quarterback will be a popular topic this week during SEC media days.

Jul 16 - 10:29 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Former NFL executive Greg Gabriel believes that Texas A&M redshirt sophomore QB Johnny Manziel could be a high first-round pick.

Gabriel notes prerequisite reservations about Manziel's size, adding that he believes the quarterback's listed 6-1, 200-pound stature is an exaggeration. He compares Manziel to everyone's favorite diminutive quarterback, Doug Flutie. "Manziel has more size then Flutie, has more speed and is probably a little better athlete," Gabriel writes. Texas A&M's system requires Manziel to read the entire field, as opposed to half-read systems often implemented within college spread concepts, which Gabriel believes will be to Manziel's advantage as he acclimates to the pro game.
Source: National Football Post

Jul 15 - 3:39 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Manziel: I did not oversleep due to drinking

Texas A&M redshirt sophomore QB Johnny Manziel told reporters he did not oversleep a meeting at the Manning Passing Academy due to drinking or a hangover.

Manziel simply said he was tired from a busy summer schedule and a dead phone battery caused his alarm to not go off. He even admitted to possibly having too much on his plate this season, and even though he was disappointed when leaving the camp, it was a "mutual decision." Manziel would not comment on the details, however, including if he drank alcohol the night before.
Source: Jeremy Fowler on Twitter

Jul 17 - 9:47 AM

HC Sumlin: Heisman has led to growing pains

Texas A&M head coach Kevin Sumlin believes redshirt sophomore QB Johnny Manziel winning the Heisman Trophy has led to growing pains.

"Has he handled that perfectly?" Sumlin questioned. "No." Plenty of media folks will continue to focus on Manziel this offseason, and the attention should only grow during his pre-draft process. Sumlin added he wants Manziel to transform his game from being an athlete at quarterback to a quarterback who is considered an athlete. We are looking forward to actual football starting.
Source: The Daily Reveille on Twitter

Jul 17 - 10:35 AM

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Draft 365 Rankings | NFL.com

No Jackson Jeffcoat in the top 50 eh? No Dominique Easley either?

My guy Antonio Richardson is way too low IMO. Will Sutton too.

Johnny Manziel at 22? lol

Anthony Johnson would be a nice pick up, but I'd want him at 32 rather than 31. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Draft 365 Rankings | NFL.com

No Jackson Jeffcoat in the top 50 eh? No Dominique Easley either?

My guy Antonio Richardson is way too low IMO. Will Sutton too.

Johnny Manziel at 22? lol

Anthony Johnson would be a nice pick up, but I'd want him at 32 rather than 31. :)

I haven't really gotten deep into the 2014 draft/2013 college season, but Jeremiah's rankings included all classes, not just draft eligible players. That may play a role in what you're seeing.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I haven't really gotten deep into the 2014 draft/2013 college season, but Jeremiah's rankings included all classes, not just draft eligible players. That may play a role in what you're seeing.

That's true. I noticed that when I saw Mr. Cooper from 'Bama on the list.

Manziel wouldn't have gotten an lol if it were just a college football player ranking; he did win the Heisman. But as an NFL prospect, I think 22 is laughable for him.

They were saying at the Manning passing academy that his height listing is very generous, and he reminds them of Doug Flutie.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Teddy Bridgewater - QB - Cardinals

One NFL exec listed Louisville junior QB Teddy Bridgewater and Alabama senior QB A.J. McCarron as two possibilities to upset DE Jadeveon Clowney as the future No. 1 pick.

We expect to see Bridgewater's name listed in the conversation this entire season. However, we are shocked to read McCarron as a possibility. Bridgewater displays a lot of poise in the pocket with a willingness to test downfield. McCarron flashed more pocket movement than expected, but he lacks anticipation and appeared to be a one read passer in most circumstances.
Source: Albert Breer on Twitter

Jul 18 - 4:34 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jadeveon Clowney - DL - Gamecocks

One NFL team's scouting director texted Albert Breer of the NFL Network that junior DE Jadeveon Clowney is similar to Julius Peppers.

Breer added that it is an "interesting comparison." Peppers was a freak athlete at UNC and became the No. 2 pick in the draft. He was frequently criticized for his lack of vocal leadership and even for a hot and cold motor, but truthfully Peppers has been one of the most consistent defenders in the NFL. Clowney will certainly draw rave reviews.
Source: Albert Breer on Twitter

Jul 18 - 4:18 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
De'Anthony Thomas - RB - Ducks

NFL Network's Daniel Jeremiah believes Oregon junior offensive weapon De'Anthony Thomas will benefit from Tavon Austin.

Thomas ranks as the 35th best college football player in the country on Jeremiah's list. "An explosive player, dynamic int he kick return," Jeremiah said. "And I want to give you guys one challenge for the fall when you are watching college football and you are watching Oregon; just see how long it takes into the broadcast for the anecdote of him being nicknamed the "Black Mamba" by Snoop Dogg comes up."
Source: NFL.com

Jul 19 - 10:12 AM