• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 NCAA FB Season / 2014 NFL draft

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I had Lee over Watkins by a little bit before, but the more I consider the details the more I think Marqise Lee is easily the better WR prospect.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Phillip Sims - QB - Rams

Former Virginia and Alabama junior QB Phillip Sims will transfer to Winston-Salem State.

WSSU is a Division II program, so Sims will be eligible to play immediately. This is Sims' third
home since starting his college career, and he has struggled to sustain his play at each previous destination. Sims will likely have two more seasons of eligibility.
Source: AL.com

Jul 29 - 11:51 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Teddy Bridgewater - QB - Cardinals

Louisville junior QB Teddy Bridgewater has taken out a $10 million dollar insurance policy.

Jadeveon Clowney previously made headlines for doing the same after some suggested he should sit out his junior season to no risk his future. The insurance policy is to cover injuries, in the event that Bridgewater suffers some crippling ailment and cannot continue his playing career. The junior passer added he has been boxing this offseason to improve his footwork.
Source: Joe Schad on Twitter

Jul 29 - 11:28 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Anthony Barr - LB - Bruins

Former NFL scout John Middlekauff says there is "no doubt" that UCLA senior OLB Anthony Barr is the second best defensive prospect in the country behind DE Jadeveon Clowney.

Middlekauff added Barr mentioned he has gained 20 pounds of muscle since last season. "I think when scouts see him he will have the BYU Ziggy Ansah "WOW" factor physically," Middlekauff added. "Barr is a player you text your college director or GM immediately when you see in person... Barr just looks like a top 5 pick walking through the door which is valued in the NFL." Expect the edge rusher to only improve during his second season at the position.
Source: NFLs Future

Jul 29 - 10:58 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Marcus Mariota - QB - Ducks Oregon

redshirt sophomore QB Marcus Mariota has gained 12 pounds since last season.

Mariota now weighs 217, which is 27 more than he checked in at when first arriving at Oregon. Many point to Brett Hundley as a possible redshirt sophomore to breakout this season, but don't sleep on Mariota. Some will make the comparisons to Colin Kaepernick, which will intrigue evaluators.
Source: Bruce Feldman on Twitter

Jul 27 - 2:32 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Michael Dyer - RB - Red Wolves

An employee with Louisville's registrar's office confirmed to The Courier-Journal that former Auburn and Arkansas State RB Michael Dyer has been added to the school's system database.

This step "is often an indication a prospective student plans to apply for enrollment," Jonathan Lintner writes. Dyer reportedly has until Aug. 26 to register for the fall semester. Junior quarterback Teddy Bridgewater did mention he, and the rest of the team, would welcome Dyer with open arms when posed with the question.
Source: Courier Journal

Jul 29 - 2:25 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Colin Kaepernick - QB - 49ers

According to CSN Bay Area, Colin Kaepernick has showed an "amazing" amount of improvement on touch passes, which was considered one of his weaknesses in previous training camps.

After re-watching all of Kaepernick's 2012 throws, ESPN's Ron Jaworski stated Kap "has a chance to be very special." Seems he's already making good in that promise. Ex-NFL scout John Middlekauff recently attended 49ers camp and came away saying Kaepernick was throwing "absolute lasers" in addition to the improved touch throws. Michael Crabtree's loss was a big blow, but Kaepernick has NFL MVP-caliber talent and remains a high-ceiling fantasy pick.
Source: CSN Bay Area

Jul 29 - 1:58 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

According to CSN Bay Area, Colin Kaepernick has showed an "amazing" amount of improvement on touch passes, which was considered one of his weaknesses in previous training camps.

After re-watching all of Kaepernick's 2012 throws........

That was the wrong thread!!!

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ben Gardner - DL - Cardinal

Stanford senior DE/OLB Ben Gardner might interest NFL teams as a DT, according to CBS Sports' Rob Rang.

Rang does concede Gardner's most likely position is as a five technique in a three man front due to his strength at the point of attack and quickness off the snap. "Gardner's bulk and quickness could earn him similarly high grades from traditional 4-3 teams seeking help at defensive tackle, though he does not possess the acceleration and flexibility preferred as a defensive end in this alignment," Rang concluded. We consider Stanford's rusher on the opposite side, senior Trent Murphy, a superior prospect.
Source: CBS Sports

Jul 29 - 10:20 AM

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

After re-watching all of Kaepernick's 2012 throws, ESPN's Ron Jaworski stated Kap "has a chance to be very special." Seems he's already making good in that promise. Ex-NFL scout John Middlekauff recently attended 49ers camp and came away saying Kaepernick was throwing "absolute lasers" in addition to the improved touch throws. Michael Crabtree's loss was a big blow, but Kaepernick has NFL MVP-caliber talent and remains a high-ceiling fantasy pick.

Source: CSN Bay Area

Jul 29 - 1:58 PM
That was the wrong thread!!!

Again! Just kidding, thanks for the post.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I've been saying this all along, not suprised that others are now catching up... I said it once, and I'm going to say it again, if I were a GM I would do a Ricky Williams type trade to acquire him:

Jadeveon Clowney - DL - Gamecocks

Georgia head coach Mark Richt said, "I think he might be the very best player to exist today, at any level," when discussing South Carolina junior DE Jadeveon Clowney.

These are obviously some strong words from Richt. Clowney is a top talent and would carry the same label in every preceding year, but this is a bit of an exaggeration. The pass rusher is the odds on favorite to be the No. 1 pick and will likely earn a "rare" grade, to join the likes of Calvin Johnson, Ndamukong Suh, and Andrew Luck.
Source: Seth Emerson on Twitter

Jul 30 - 9:08 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Will Sutton - DL - Sun Devils

Draft insider Tony Pauline tweeted Arizona State senior DT Will Sutton earned a fifth-round projection from NFL scouts during spring meetings.

We will give the same answer as we did when Sutton received a third- to fifth-round projection from the Draft Advisory Board last winter: Ridiculous. The NFL can be obsessive over height, weight, length, and speed, so the projections does not completely surprise us. We understand Sutton might no reach "elite" status in a lot of these measurements, but he disrupts with hand use, leverage, and closing speed to go along with underrated strength.
Source: Tony Pauline on Twitter

Jul 30 - 2:00 PM

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been saying this all along, not suprised that others are now catching up... I said it once, and I'm going to say it again, if I were a GM I would do a Ricky Williams type trade to acquire him:

Jadeveon Clowney - DL - Gamecocks

Georgia head coach Mark Richt said, "I think he might be the very best player to exist today, at any level," when discussing South Carolina junior DE Jadeveon Clowney.

These are obviously some strong words from Richt. Clowney is a top talent and would carry the same label in every preceding year, but this is a bit of an exaggeration. The pass rusher is the odds on favorite to be the No. 1 pick and will likely earn a "rare" grade, to join the likes of Calvin Johnson, Ndamukong Suh, and Andrew Luck.
Source: Seth Emerson on Twitter

Jul 30 - 9:08 AM

How good Clowney is he probably won't go 1st overall a QB needy team will draft their QB @ 1.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
How good Clowney is he probably won't go 1st overall a QB needy team will draft their QB @ 1.

And that's okay. Deion Sanders, Julius Peppers, Calvin Johnson, Adrian Peterson, Warren Sapp, Patrick Willis, Patrick Peterson, Larry Fitz, etc. didn't go #1 overall either.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
And that's okay. Deion Sanders, Julius Peppers, Calvin Johnson, Adrian Peterson, Warren Sapp, Patrick Willis, Patrick Peterson, Larry Fitz, etc. didn't go #1 overall either.

Well, it would have been hard for Calvin Johnson, Adrian Peterson and the VP of Carnage to have all gone #1 overall. :)

Peppers should have gone #1 even with a "potential" franchise QB on the board. He was that good.

Suh should have gone #1, and so should Clowney. If someone leaves Clowney on the board, they will live to regret it like the Raiders did w/ Megatron & the Texans did with Peppers. They got it right the 2nd time around w/ Mario Williams over Vince Young.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Raji is not a bad comparison to make at all:

Louis Nix - DL - Fighting Irish

Notre Dame redshirt junior DT Louis Nix III ranks as one of NFL Network's Daniel Jeremiah's most physical players in college football.

"Nix is an ideal 3-4 nose tackle because of his body type and power base," writes the evaluator. "His physicality is best displayed when he utilizes his bull rush in the passing game. He shoots his hands quickly and puts his opponent on skates, consistently pushing them right into the lap of the quarterback. He's also a very physical run defender. He's capable of dominating a single defender or holding his ground vs. a double-team." Last month, Jeremiah compared Nix to B.J. Raji when the latter entered the NFL draft.
Source: NFL.com

Jul 30 - 3:53 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
My preseason #1 rated guard: http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/2976993-post40.html

Cyril Richardson - G - Bears

NFL Network's Daniel Jeremiah considers Baylor senior G Cyril Richardson one of the most physical players in college football.

Jeremiah's list of the most physical collegiate athletes also includes Florida OG Jon Halapio, Notre Dame DT Louis Nix III, Georgia RB Todd Gurley and Stanford DE Ben Gardner and OLB Trent Murphy. Jeremiah notes that Richardson's aggression doesn't neatly fit the "finesse" label that has been slapped on Baylor's offense: "He weighs more than 340 pounds and uses that size and power to maul defenders in the run game. He has unbelievably strong hands to torque and turn defenders at the point of attack. He also does a nice job of running his feet after his initial contact, which allows him to create a lot of movement at the line of scrimmage. He has a very firm, powerful base in pass protection."

Jul 30 - 4:00 PM

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
My preseason #1 rated guard: http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/2976993-post40.html

Cyril Richardson - G - Bears

NFL Network's Daniel Jeremiah considers Baylor senior G Cyril Richardson one of the most physical players in college football.

Jeremiah's list of the most physical collegiate athletes also includes Florida OG Jon Halapio, Notre Dame DT Louis Nix III, Georgia RB Todd Gurley and Stanford DE Ben Gardner and OLB Trent Murphy. Jeremiah notes that Richardson's aggression doesn't neatly fit the "finesse" label that has been slapped on Baylor's offense: "He weighs more than 340 pounds and uses that size and power to maul defenders in the run game. He has unbelievably strong hands to torque and turn defenders at the point of attack. He also does a nice job of running his feet after his initial contact, which allows him to create a lot of movement at the line of scrimmage. He has a very firm, powerful base in pass protection."

Jul 30 - 4:00 PM

Not going with Gabe Jackson from Miss. St like most people huh? That's probably smart (although I haven't gotten chance to watch Richardson yet; I'll keep an eye on him).

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, Walter Football has Manziel has a top 3 pick :lol:

That site is Horrible. I remember when they had Jimmy Clausen as the #1 player sometime before the draft. Last time I ever took that place seriously. They have some funny Parody drafts. Should stick with that because there evaluations are horrible. All draftnicks are morons who need other evaluations of players to start their own evaluations... Hell, I can do that 10x better, and I am sure most here could as well.