• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 NCAA FB Season / 2014 NFL draft

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That site is Horrible. I remember when they had Jimmy Clausen as the #1 player sometime before the draft. Last time I ever took that place seriously. They have some funny Parody drafts. Should stick with that because there evaluations are horrible. All draftnicks are morons who need other evaluations of players to start their own evaluations... Hell, I can do that 10x better, and I am sure most here could as well.

Maybe they take what should happen and the parody drafts and split the difference? ;) I'd be terrible at drafting. I'd have all my picks be QBs or WRs and in the wrong order.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not going with Gabe Jackson from Miss. St like most people huh? That's probably smart (although I haven't gotten chance to watch Richardson yet; I'll keep an eye on him).

Jackson is good. But Richardson is approaching the "special" category IMO for that position. Jackson may have reached his peak like Barret Jones did. He seems like a player who always has been good and everyone else is now catching up to him. There's a lot of football to watch so this could all change in due time.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Geno Smith VS Teddy Bridgewater

Around the same size, speed & arm strength. Geno's probably a little better athlete. Both early favourites to be the 1st QB taken; both had / have pretty weak schedules.

Who's the better pro' prospect?

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Marqise Lee - WR - Trojans

In an informal poll at Pac-12 Media Day, players voted Marqise Lee the best player in the nation.

Perhaps not surprisingly given the audience, Lee bested players such as Jadeveon Clowney or Johnny Manziel. Last season Lee ranked first in the nation with 118 receptions, second with 1,712 receiving yards, and third with 14 TDs. NFL.com's Bucky Brooks, who broke down Lee's game film, writes that the receiver might be "the most explosive open-field runner in college football." Concludes Brooks: "[Lee] is an ultra-competitive alpha dog that plays at his best when his team needs it most. While he still must make strides as a route runner to become an elite receiver at the next level, it is hard to find a more dangerous receiver in the college game today."
Source: NFL.com

Aug 6 - 1:20 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Marcus Roberson - DB - Gators

Former NFL GM Phil Savage tweeted Florida might have the top CB group in the country.

Savage specifically highlighted Jaylen Watkins, Loucheiz Purifoy, Marcus Roberson and Vernon Hargraves. Purifoy has received the most national attention from evaluators, but don't sleep on Roberson becoming a better prospect. Every quarterback with NFL intentions will be tested against this secondary.
Source: Phil Savage on Twitter

Aug 6 - 11:45 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Dri Archer - RB - Golden Flashes

Kent State senior WR/RB Dri Archer will return punts this season.

"He’s returning punts for sure," head coach Paul Haynes said. "In addition to being at running back and wide receiver just like last year, we want to think outside of the box also. Not necessarily with trick plays, but we’ll make some base plays where maybe he’s at different spots." Archer handled some kickoff duties last year but only returned one punt all season.
Source: Akron Beacon Journal

Aug 6 - 10:59 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Johnny Manziel - QB - Aggies

ESPN's Chris Mortensen noted on "NFL Insiders" that Texas A&M redshirt sophomore QB Johnny Manziel has no intention of playing in the CFL if he loses eligibility this season.

Mortensen went on to indicate Manziel's team does have a contingency plan in place if the quarterback does miss an extended period of time, which includes working out and preparing for the 2014 Draft. We expect plenty of more information to trickle in over the next few days regarding the reigning Heisman Trophy winner.

Aug 5 - 6:13 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That's true, I do see the same flaws in his game that is being mentioned below. This kid has Doug Martin potential, but it's really up to him to get better and improve:

Lache Seastrunk - RB - Bears

NFL Network's Daniel Jeremiah believes Baylor junior RB Lache Seastrunk has to improve on pass blocking and receiving this season.

Jeremiah calls Seastrunk a "home run hitter in the backfield." The Bear running back has a lot to prove to scouts this season. Everybody loves his burst, aggressive running style, low center of gravity and upfield speed, but Seastrunk also irritates scouts with a lack of running discipline and subpar vision. The latter issue stems for Seastrunk's stubborn goal of a touchdown on every play; instead of moving laterally to escape danger and pick up a few extra yards, he's apt to charge through a hole that may have closed by the time he reaches it. Baylor coach Art Briles' high-flying attack will provide Seastrunk every opportunity to show pro scouts that his game has progressed.

Aug 6 - 2:09 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I know Alabama's Cooper has the edge right now, but don't be suprise if this kid turns out to be the better pro when they are draft eligible in 2015:

Last edited by a moderator:

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Anthony Barr - LB - Bruins

Three of the five NFL executives Daniel Jeremiah polled prefer UCLA senior OLB Anthony Barr to No. 3 overall pick Dion Jordan.

"Four of the five executives made a point to mention how difficult it was to pick one player over the other," Jeremiah writes. "I believe both guys have double-digit sack potential in the NFL but I would give the slight nod to Barr as the better overall football player." One exec chose Barr "by far" and he is not a one trick pony. We think they are very different players, with Jordan showing great range for his size and Barr displaying ridiculous upfield burst.

Aug 9 - 12:25 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Stephon Tuitt - DL - Fighting Irish

Draft insider Tony Pauline does not consider Notre Dame junior DL Stephon Tuitt an elite prospect.

Tuitt has "great upside but poor fundamentals," specifically with poor pad level, according to Pauline. The draft writer adds Tuitt was "almost non-existent versus the best competition last year." Tuitt's counterpart, nose tackle Louis Nix, is a much better pro prospect in our opinion, but Tuitt could improve his evaluation this season.
Source: Tony Pauline on Twitter

Aug 9 - 9:21 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jeff Driskel - QB - Gators

Florida junior QB Jeff Driskel healed faster than his initial reported timeline and returned to practice on Thursday.

Driskel underwent emergency appendectomy surgery at the end of July, but returned to the field on Thursday. Tyler Murphy ran as the team's starter in Driskel's absence. Expect the quarterback to be at full health once the season starts.
Source: The Palm Beach Post

Aug 9 - 9:06 AM

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Marcus Roberson - DB - Gators

Former NFL GM Phil Savage tweeted Florida might have the top CB group in the country.

Savage specifically highlighted Jaylen Watkins, Loucheiz Purifoy, Marcus Roberson and Vernon Hargraves. Purifoy has received the most national attention from evaluators, but don't sleep on Roberson becoming a better prospect. Every quarterback with NFL intentions will be tested against this secondary.
Source: Phil Savage on Twitter

Aug 6 - 11:45 AM

I think this article has more to do with the fact that Marcus Roberson was a lot more highly recruited coming out of high school than watching the two of them play.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't know if I'm reading too much into this but this sh8t right here rubs me the wrong way. I have high hopes for Jameis Winston. I like this kid a lot!! As a huge FSU fan I have been waiting for our next "Charlie Ward" type like QB since forever. This kid has what it takes to be a "special player" and before he can even take his first career snap, coming off as a jerkoff! This could be an isolated situation and I don't know why/how this reporter took it as (the content)...but based on how I am interpretting this here, he's operating as if he's more "special" than the other college players that have already established themselves. I'm not defending Johnny Manziel, but c'mon man stop taking shots at people. It sounds like you're just as big of a douchebag as Manziel.

Jameis Winston - QB - Seminoles

FSU redshirt freshman QB Jameis Winston told reporters that he wants to avoid "Manziel disease."

Winston's comment came in response to a reporter who asked Winston about Manziel's off-field problems and referred to them as "Manziel disease." Winston replied: "If I ever get Manziel disease, I want all of you to smack me in the head with your microphones." During the interview, the quarterback with a big personality also told a white reporter, in reference to a question about being an extrovert, that Winston "could make you feel comfortable in a black church." Winston, a big fan of cheese balls, also said he'd decline a lifetime supply in favor of a National Championship. The 6-foot-4, 227 pounder was the No. 1 dual-threat quarterback in the 2012 recruiting class. Winston is expected to dispatch sophomore Jacob Coker for the starting spot, which would be great news for the media, which appears to have found American sports' next great soundbite.

Aug 12 - 1:19 PM

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if I'm reading too much into this but this sh8t right here rubs me the wrong way. I have high hopes for Jameis Winston. I like this kid a lot!! As a huge FSU fan I have been waiting for our next "Charlie Ward" type like QB since forever. This kid has what it takes to be a "special player" and before he can even take his first career snap, coming off as a jerkoff! This could be an isolated situation and I don't know why/how this reporter took it as (the content)...but based on how I am interpretting this here, he's operating as if he's more "special" than the other college players that have already established themselves. I'm not defending Johnny Manziel, but c'mon man stop taking shots at people. It sounds like you're just as big of a douchebag as Manziel.

Jameis Winston - QB - Seminoles

FSU redshirt freshman QB Jameis Winston told reporters that he wants to avoid "Manziel disease."

Winston's comment came in response to a reporter who asked Winston about Manziel's off-field problems and referred to them as "Manziel disease." Winston replied: "If I ever get Manziel disease, I want all of you to smack me in the head with your microphones." During the interview, the quarterback with a big personality also told a white reporter, in reference to a question about being an extrovert, that Winston "could make you feel comfortable in a black church." Winston, a big fan of cheese balls, also said he'd decline a lifetime supply in favor of a National Championship. The 6-foot-4, 227 pounder was the No. 1 dual-threat quarterback in the 2012 recruiting class. Winston is expected to dispatch sophomore Jacob Coker for the starting spot, which would be great news for the media, which appears to have found American sports' next great soundbite.

Aug 12 - 1:19 PM

There are a couple videos on YouTube of him that has me a little leary of his character but this kid could be the next great QB at State. I mean Ward Weinke national championship heismen winner great. As long as he can keep his head on straight he should be special.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a couple videos on YouTube of him that has me a little leary of his character but this kid could be the next great QB at State. I mean Ward Weinke national championship heismen winner great. As long as he can keep his head on straight he should be special.

This is some of the things that I was talking about

The bad

The good

[YOUTUBE]-mBcnmNur8o[/YOUTUBE]

Both

Last edited by a moderator:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Meyer announces two suspensions, including CB Roby

"head coach Urban Meyer announced that cornerback Bradley Roby will be suspended for the Buckeyes opener vs. Buffalo for his role in an early morning incident in Bloomington, Ind., in July"

Good news for anyone with a pick outside the top 10 who wants him (like the Niners should). Dude is a rare CB prospect.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Here are some sill-too-early favourite prospects based on how people rank these guys:

Donte Moncrief
Antonio Richardson
Bradley Roby (1-game suspension notwithstanding)
Louis Nix
Loucheiz Purifoy
Cameron Erving
Marqise Lee (no U in his first name notwithstanding).
Anthony Johnson

At least one of these guys (especially Moncrief) needs to be a 49er next year.

There are others I might like, but they're a little off the radar. I'm going to have to see how they do this season.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
At this way-too-early point, trading up for either Marqise Lee or Bradley Roby makes the most sense IMO. If I had to pick right now I'd go with Lee because of Roby's off-field issue. Although it's tough to go wrong with a top CB pick from Ohio St.