• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 College Football / 2013 NFL Draft

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
And with the 61st pick of the 2013 NFL Draft, the San Francisco 49ers select...:

Darius Slay - DB - Player

Sources tell ProFootballTalk.com that Mississippi State CB Darius Slay has a torn meniscus.

Slay did not miss a game last season and blazed a 4.36 forty at the combine. So it's a recent injury for a player that was projected as a second-round pick at worst. Meniscus tears aren't overly difficult to recover from, but they can lead to knee problems down the line. The meniscus is the part of the knee that cushions the load in the body's most fragile joint.
Source: Profootballtalk on NBCSports.com

Apr 24 - 8:13 AM

Oh crap! Slay was one of my fav's. A meniscus tear is serious; isn't that what happend to Bowers, Chris Webber, etc?

bigninerfan56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Just read an article that says most NBA players recover from Meniscus tears.

Sam Acho & Sedrick Ellis had Meniscus tears.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Ezekiel Ansah - DL - Cougars

NFL Network's Albert Breer notes BYU pass rusher Ezekiel Ansah's name is "being bandied about" in the top 5.

"The Lions like him and he could be a target for teams looking to move up," Breer tweeted. The Lions coached Ansah during Senior Bowl week, and the BYU product lined up all over the defense while in school, showing promise from a variety of different angles. He can fit multiple schemes.
Source: Albert Breer on Twitter

Apr 24 - 12:03 PM

If there's one team who picks that high I don't want to see draft Anzah, it's Detroit. That could wake up the sleeping giant there.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@AdamSchefter: At private workout today at UMich, former Mich QB Jim Harbaugh took snaps from Mich OL Patrick Omameh.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Sylvester Williams - DL - Player

According to TFY Draft Insider's Tony Pauline, "insiders believe" North Carolina DT Sylvester Williams will be the Cowboys' pick at No. 18.

That is, assuming Texas S Kenny Vaccaro doesn't fall. Williams hasn't generated as much buzz as some of the draft's other defensive tackles, but has long been near the top of big boards. His selection would likely punch DT Jay Ratliff's ticket out of Big D.
Source: TFY Draft Insider

Apr 23 - 10:11 PM

This makes sense for them because they're keeping Jay Ratliff & Williams could play the 1 technique & even collapse the pocket a little. But I'd want a guy with a higher ceiling if I were Dallas. I still say he's overrated a bit.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This makes sense for them because they're keeping Jay Ratliff & Williams could play the 1 technique & even collapse the pocket a little. But I'd want a guy with a higher ceiling if I were Dallas. I still say he's overrated a bit.

Sly Williams has an incredibly high upside. I have him higher than Floyd by a good margin. I also have him going higher in the draft.

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Just speculation, I'd imagine. Still interesting to me. Jason Cole:

If NYJ serious about trade down, as Idzik intimates, SF is the most likely partner. Right in the range of what SF wants.

Who might be the target, if that is indeed what the team wants?

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Just speculation, I'd imagine. Still interesting to me. Jason Cole:

If NYJ serious about trade down, as Idzik intimates, SF is the most likely partner. Right in the range of what SF wants.

Who might be the target, if that is indeed what the team wants?

Ian Rapoport:

Sheldon Richardson?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I just discovered Ryan Swope, one of my fav's in the 3rd round or so, has had 5 concussions. maybe that's why teams have him so low.

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
OH... that's a deathknell.. Call him Jahvid best cause he is retiring in two years.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
WalterFootball.com: 2013 NFL Mock Draft: First Round Continued

I like it: Cyprien, Hayden, Hunt, Hankins & some TE from Cincy through the first 3

I could get behind that draft. I don't like Hunt at all at 31 or 34, but at 61 his physical ability becomes pretty tempting. A bit mixed on Cyprien, though I don't know that I've ever really watched him play. Seems like pretty good value and good fits for Hayden, Hankins, and Kelce, though. Lattimore in the late-4th is intriguing, too. Then some interesting projects late.

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could get behind that draft. I don't like Hunt at all at 31 or 34, but at 61 his physical ability becomes pretty tempting. A bit mixed on Cyprien, though I don't know that I've ever really watched him play. Seems like pretty good value and good fits for Hayden, Hankins, and Kelce, though. Lattimore in the late-4th is intriguing, too. Then some interesting projects late.

Hey Guys I made a thread introducing myself but now see the draft stuff here. My guess is SF would have to trade up for Cyprien don't think he makes it past 21 and even if he does I expect GB to take him (which would make me go insane in happiness)