• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 College Football / 2013 NFL Draft

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Tavon Austin - WR - Player

The Philadelphia Inquirer is not buying the recent rumors suggesting the Eagles are interested in West Virginia WR Tavon Austin.

Every team can use a dynamic, game-changing talent like Austin. But the Eagles already have two smallish playmakers they reportedly like in DeSean Jackson and Damaris Johnson. There are far greater needs at pass-rusher and offensive tackle. We can chalk up the 30 minute video call they had with Austin on Monday as due diligence.
Source: Philadelphia Inquirer

Apr 25 - 9:50 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Kenny Vaccaro - DB - Player

According to the Cincinnati Enquirer, the Bengals' "perfect scenario" would have Texas FS Kenny Vaccaro slipping to them at No. 21.

The Bengals have a glaring need at safety. Taylor Mays and Jeromy Miles are backups and aging veteran Chris Crocker remains a free agent. However, there's almost no way Vaccaro gets to No. 21. The Saints at No. 15, the Rams at 16 and the Cowboys at 18 all have needs at free safety. The Bengals may have to settle for Florida's Matt Elam or FIU's Jonathan Cyprien.
Source: Cincinnati Enquirer

Apr 25 - 9:27 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Barkevious Mingo - DL - Player

NFL Network's Albert Breer hears the Browns could be trying to trade up to No. 3 overall.

If the Chiefs and Jags select tackles Eric Fisher and Luke Joeckel, the scramble for pass rushers is going to be on. The Eagles, Lions and Browns are all interested in the position and ESPN's Adam Schefter reported Wednesday that Cleveland wants to get up for LSU DE/OLB Barkevious Mingo. They could also be looking at Oregon's Dion Jordan. The rebuilding Raiders could trade back and possibly still get the best 4-3 defensive tackle available, Florida's
Source: Albert Breer on Twitter

Apr 25 - 9:16 AM

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kenny Vaccaro - DB - Player

According to the Cincinnati Enquirer, the Bengals' "perfect scenario" would have Texas FS Kenny Vaccaro slipping to them at No. 21.

The Bengals have a glaring need at safety. Taylor Mays and Jeromy Miles are backups and aging veteran Chris Crocker remains a free agent. However, there's almost no way Vaccaro gets to No. 21. The Saints at No. 15, the Rams at 16 and the Cowboys at 18 all have needs at free safety. The Bengals may have to settle for Florida's Matt Elam or FIU's Jonathan Cyprien.
Source: Cincinnati Enquirer

Apr 25 - 9:27 AM

would be great for Bengals and mean Cyprien could fall to GB

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Tyler Eifert - TE - Fighting Irish

Jets beat writer Manish Mehta says the team likes TE Tyler Eifert, but not at pick No. 13.
Source: Manish Mehta on Twitter

Apr 25 - 10:53 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Justin Pugh - T - Orange

The NFL Network's Daniel Jeremiah has mocked Syracuse OL Justin Pugh to the Giants at pick No. 19.

Jeremiah is a big fan of Pugh's, but perhaps the NFL is too. We know about the top three tackles, along with the possibility of D.J. Fluker and the two guards being selected early, but Pugh is a new name. Some project him to guard while others consider him a tackle.
Source: NFL.com

Apr 25 - 11:30 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Manti Te'o - LB - Fighting Irish

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport notes the Vikings and Bears love Notre Dame ILB Manti Te'o.

"If Minnesota wants to grab him, they'll need to jump up over Chicago," Rapoport tweeted. "That's what they plan to do." We are a bit surprised that Te'o is getting this much love in the top 20. Both teams like to run Cover 2, and Te'o's lack of great range could be an issue in that system.
Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Apr 25 - 11:43 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'd hate to see him land in Arizona:

Ryan Mallett - QB - Patriots

Sources tell the Boston Globe that the odds are slightly in favor of the Patriots trading QB Ryan Mallett.
Source: Boston Globe

Apr 25 - 11:53 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

According to NFL.com's Ian Rapoport, West Virginia WR Tavon Austin is the No. 1 overall player on the Bills' draft board.

Austin is screaming up everyone's draft board, so this is almost certainly a smokescreen play from the Bills. If they can trade back in the first round and still get their man in Syracuse QB Ryan Nassib, it's a win-win. The Jets, picking at Nos. 9 and 13, and the Rams at Nos. 16 and 22 have both been linked to Austin.
Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitte

Apr 25 - 11:08 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ryan Mallett - QB - Patriots

Sources tell the Boston Globe that the odds are slightly in favor of the Patriots trading QB Ryan Mallett.

Multiple teams have contacted the Patriots this week about Tom Brady's talented backup. Per the Globe, New England has been "heavily scouting" quarterbacks in the leadup to the draft, adding more fuel to the fire. Mallett has long been linked to the Browns, where admirer Mike Lombardi is now the general manager. However, the Patriots reportedly would want a second-round pick in this year's draft or a first-rounder in 2014 for Mallett. It's a steep price to pay for a player with four career pass attempts in the NFL.
Source: Boston Globe

Apr 25 - 11:53 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Matt Barkley - QB - Player

According to ProFootballTalk.com, the "thinking in league circles" is that the Jaguars are targeting USC's Matt Barkley or Syracuse's Ryan Nassib with the No. 33 overall pick.
Source: Profootballtalk on NBCSports.com

Apr 25 - 12:06 PM

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I wonder if the Rams would be willing to move up from 16 to 8 and include their 1st next year.. Also, then move back from 22 with ATL to 30 and get their 2nd next year or TRY for their first..

I hope not. on both counts

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@AdamSchefter:

At private workout today at UMich, former Mich QB Jim Harbaugh took snaps from Mich OL Patrick Omameh.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Star Lotulelei - DL - Utes

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora suggests Utah DL Star Lotulelei as a possible target for the Jets.

La Canfora says Star hasn't been linked to the Jets, "but they spent lot of time" on him. "With two 2 high picks he's in play there." A front of Mo Wilkerson, Quinton Coples, and Star would be unfair. Lotulelei could like up as a nose tackle, but he has more versatility than given credit for.
Source: Jason La Canfora on Twitter

Apr 25 - 1:23 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Kenny Vaccaro - DB - Longhorns

NFL network's Jeff Darlington said Texas S Kenny Vaccaro and WVU WR Tavon Austin are two prospects teams are wanting to trade up for.

Both seem to be locked into the top 15. Vaccaro and Austin actually put forth one of the more compelling matchups of the season, with Vaccaro coming out on top. Both present some nice versatility, albeit on different sides of the field, in the NFL.
Source: Jeff Darlington on Twitter

Apr 25 - 2:56 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

The New York Daily News "hears" the No. 9 overall pick may be too early for the Jets to select West Virginia WR Tavon Austin.

The Jets really like Austin, but they may be targeting a defensive player with the ninth pick before trying to come back around at No. 13 and snap up the slot receiver. A source tells Profootballtalk's Mike Florio that he "believes" Austin will indeed be a top-ten selection Thursday night. So, if the Jets really want Austin, they may have to take him at No. 9.
Source: Manish Mehta on Twitter

Apr 25 - 2:49 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Dion Jordan - LB - Player

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Oregon DE/OLB Dion Jordan (shoulder) and Alabama CB Dee Milliner (shoulder) are both expected to open training camp on the PUP list.

Both players underwent surgeries for torn labrums this offseason. Jordan's stock isn't expected to be affected, but Milliner has undergone five surgeries in his football career. Jordan and Milliner remain on track to be drafted in the top 15.
Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Apr 25 - 2:16 PM

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Also, wouldn't we end up with 3 2nd round picks? cause we have 34 & 61 now.. And like you said, if you trade back from #31, then you pick up the third total 2nd round picks.

Oops! You're right. Re-do!

Ok, here's what I want to happen in 15.5 hours (plus the time it takes to finish all 7 rounds - realistically):

*Niners trade 31 for 1st rounder in 2014 and a mid-late 2nd

Niners trade mid-2nd for 2nd in 2014 and late 3rd

Niners trade 34th pick for mid 2nd & mid-late 3rd

Niners trade mid-late 3rd & a 6th straight up for a 2nd in 2014.

2a) Hankins
2b) Amerson (Even though he's not ready to start yet; he's pretty raw).
3a) Lemonier
3b) Dobson (Swope's concussions scared me away)
3c) Tyler Bray
4a) Marquise Goodwin (KR)
4b) Marcus Lattimore
5a) Devin Taylor
5b) Chris Gragg
7a) Mark Harrison <--- Could he bulk up & be the next Delanie Walker? I'd also consider Davis from Virginia Tech in that role.
7b) Joseph Fauria
7c) Lawrence Okoye (becaus why not?)
7d) Some O-lineman nobody's ever heard of

I would have included Trevardo Williams, and I LOVE Trevardo Williams, but if the Niners draft 2 OLBs, one of them might have to be cut. And I want the Niners to sign John Abraham. And I think Lemonier's ceiling is higher than Williams'.

*Assuming Carradine, Eric Reid, Jarvis Jones & Tyler Eifert are all gone at 31.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Draft insider Tony Pauline reports there's "still a good chance" the Lions trade into the Raiders' spot at No. 3, and the Cardinals have "evidently entered the mix" as both clubs pursue Oklahoma LT Lane Johnson.
Pauline confirms Johnson is "the player everyone wants at that pick," and Detroit and Arizona are some of the NFL's most left tackle-needy teams. The price to leap from No. 5 to 3 would obviously be less than going from No. 7 to 3, making the Lions the favorites if this is something GM Martin Mayhew has serious designs on doing. It's no secret the Cardinals covet Johnson, but they're not one player away from NFC West contention and need to keep their seven picks. Apr 25 - 4:04 PM
Source: TFY Draft Insider

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Oops! You're right. Re-do!

Ok, here's what I want to happen in 15.5 hours (plus the time it takes to finish all 7 rounds - realistically):

*Niners trade 31 for 1st rounder in 2014 and a mid-late 2nd

Niners trade mid-2nd for 2nd in 2014 and late 3rd

Niners trade 34th pick for mid 2nd & mid-late 3rd

Niners trade mid-late 3rd & a 6th straight up for a 2nd in 2014.

2a) Hankins
2b) Amerson (Even though he's not ready to start yet; he's pretty raw).
3a) Lemonier
3b) Dobson (Swope's concussions scared me away)
3c) Tyler Bray
4a) Marquise Goodwin (KR)
4b) Marcus Lattimore
5a) Devin Taylor
5b) Chris Gragg
7a) Mark Harrison <--- Could he bulk up & be the next Delanie Walker? I'd also consider Davis from Virginia Tech in that role.
7b) Joseph Fauria
7c) Lawrence Okoye (becaus why not?)
7d) Some O-lineman nobody's ever heard of

I would have included Trevardo Williams, and I LOVE Trevardo Williams, but if the Niners draft 2 OLBs, one of them might have to be cut. And I want the Niners to sign John Abraham. And I think Lemonier's ceiling is higher than Williams'.

*Assuming Carradine, Eric Reid, Jarvis Jones & Tyler Eifert are all gone at 31.

don't see a team wanting 31 so bad, they're going to give up a 1st in 2014, and a 2nd rounder tomorrow? the 2nd rounder seems high.