• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 College Football / 2013 NFL Draft

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
How do you guys feel about moving up into Top 15 for Vaccaro or Sheldon Richardson? Know there is smoke going on there.

Richardson is a great prospect, but I've heard he's an absolute dummy. That would worry me (see Rolando McClain). Just in terms of ability, he's my second favourite DT in the draft (I'm one of the few with Hankins as my favourite DT in the draft).

I think Richardson's best position is the 3 technique, but he could play the 5 too. A team who moves up for Richardson won't be disappointed as long as he doens't get into trouble IMO. It's a risk though because people say he's one of the dumbest players in the draft (Damontre Moore & Patterson get a lot of that too).

"Hit me in the head with a hammer the next time I want to draft a dumb guy." - Jimmy Johnson

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Richardson is a great prospect, but I've heard he's an absolute dummy. That would worry me (see Rolando McClain). Just in terms of ability, he's my second favourite DT in the draft (I'm one of the few with Hankins as my favourite DT in the draft).

I think Richardson's best position is the 3 technique, but he could play the 5 too. A team who moves up for Richardson won't be disappointed as long as he doens't get into trouble IMO. It's a risk though because people say he's one of the dumbest players in the draft (Damontre Moore & Patterson get a lot of that too).

"Hit me in the head with a hammer the next time I want to draft a dumb guy." - Jimmy Johnson

He is a big athlete. Mental parts of his game and well as you mentioned brain are lacking

Which makes me think of Tyler Bray. Oh such bad memories (Vols fan)

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
He is a big athlete. Mental parts of his game and well as you mentioned brain are lacking

Which makes me think of Tyler Bray. Oh such bad memories (Vols fan)

You just hit on the guy I want the Niners to draft (Bray). He's young & dumb & needs some Jim Harbaugh in his life to tap that potential. If he didn't struggle so mightily with accuracy this season, he could've been the #1 overall pick.

He'd be terrible as a rookie, but he's one of the few QBs in this draft I think could eventually be... in the as Jay Cutler area of value (who I think is severely underrated behind that swiss cheese O-line).

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just hit on the guy I want the Niners to draft (Bray). He's young & dumb & needs some Jim Harbaugh in his life to tap that potential. If he didn't struggle so mightily with accuracy this season, he could've been the #1 overall pick.

He'd be terrible as a rookie, but he's one of the few QBs in this draft I think could eventually be... in the as Jay Cutler area of value (who I think is severely underrated behind that swiss cheese O-line).

don't draft Bray. I don't like the 49ers and even I wouldn't wish him on you. He has the arm but he is a head case. He obviously doesn't watch much film, he doesn't respond well to coaching, he quits on games, horrible attitude, legal issues, inconsistent. You do NOT want him. I wouldn't take him in the first 5 rounds. LOVE the physical gifts but the inconsistency, and complete lack of any mental ability or maturity turns me away

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Well, there are very few QBs in this class whose potential I like, and I think the Niners want a QB. You don't think his immaturity could be due to the fact that he's 21?

At least the Niners have a QB with starting experience on the roster as a backup (Colt McCoy), so it isn't as big of a need as it was before.

Is there a QB in this draft you'd want the Packers to draft in order to develop as a valuable backup or trade bait for the future?

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, there are very few QBs in this class whose potential I like, and I think the Niners want a QB. You don't think his immaturity could be due to the fact that he's 21?

At least the Niners have a QB with starting experience on the roster as a backup (Colt McCoy), so it isn't as big of a need as it was before.

Is there a QB in this draft you'd want the Packers to draft in order to develop as a valuable backup or trade bait for the future?

Yeah, I understand your thinking.

I like Matt Scott (although too early for us 4/5th round)
Maybe Sean Renfree, Jordan Rodgers would be great (and ironic),

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

His maturity could be that he is 21 but the problem I have is in 3 years nothing ever improved with him. Didn't see nearly enough progression, can name 8 QB's I would take over him

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Who are some of your favourite day 2 / 3 picks? I've got:

Hankins
John Jenkins
David Amerson - Another raw but talented prospect; takes bad angles
Aaron Dobson (like Swope too, but the concussions scare me)
Corey Lemonier - Very young & talented; great explosion off the snap; strength at the point of attack is good too. High ceiling

I liked Darius Slay a lot too, but just found out he has a torn meniscus.

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stedman Bailey, Larry Warford, DJ Hayden, Justin Hunter (my No.2 WR), Slay, Franklin, Bernard, Randle, Woods, Okafor

Obviously not all of these guys will go in the 2nd, but really like them.

I know some mocks have guys like Cyprien, Arthur Brown, Werner falling to the 2nd. I think that is ridiculous they are 1st Round locks

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Hunter's been my #1 WR in the draft ever since Keenen Allen didn't run at the combine. I'm not as big of a fan of Austin & Patterson as most. Austin is probably the best kick returner in the draft, but I'm skeptical he can get away with the stuff he did in college. Great college QB, weak competition, ran the ball a lot (he'd get murdered running the ball in the NFL IMO).

I'm hearing Hunter goes in the 20's though. :(

My absolute favourite prospect in the draft all offseason (besides Hankins) was Carradine when they were saying he'd be a 2nd rounder. I thought that was looney toons.

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hunter's been my #1 WR in the draft ever since Keenen Allen didn't run at the combine. I'm not as big of a fan of Austin & Patterson as most. Austin is probably the best kick returner in the draft, but I'm skeptical he can get away with the stuff he did in college. Great college QB, weak competition, ran the ball a lot (he'd get murdered running the ball in the NFL IMO).

I'm hearing Hunter goes in the 20's though. :(

My absolute favourite prospect in the draft all offseason (besides Hankins) was Carradine when they were saying he'd be a 2nd rounder. I thought that was looney toons.

Glad to see a Hunter lover. I think they were saying 2nd for Carradine because of the torn ACL.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

Keenen Allen at pick 94?

First of all, if that is anywhere near correct, don't tell me the NFL doesn't put a lot of stock into workout numbers.

Second of all, if Allen is there at pick 74, that would be an amazing pick. He's one of those guys who's a pain in the ass to cover because he has great ball skills & body position. All the more reason to trade down & load up on 2014 picks.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Ok, here's what I want to happen in 15.5 hours (plus the time it takes to finish all 7 rounds - realistically):

*Niners trade 31 for 1st rounder in 2014 and a mid-late 2nd

Niners trade 34th pick for mid 2nd & mid-late 3rd

2a) Hankins
2b) Amerson (Even though he's not ready to start yet; he's pretty raw).
3a) Corey Lemonier
3b) Dobson (Swope's concussions scared me away)
3c) Tyler Bray
4a) Marquise Goodwin (KR)
4b) Marcus Lattimore
5a) Devin Taylor
5b) Chris Gragg
6) Greg Reid (KR / DB)
7a) Mark Harrison <--- Could he bulk up & be the next Delanie Walker? I'd also consider Davis from Virginia Tech in that role.
7b) Joseph Fauria
7c) Lawrence Okoye (becaus why not?)
7d) Some O-lineman nobody's ever heard of

I would have included Trevardo Williams, and I LOVE Trevardo Williams, but if the Niners draft 2 OLBs, one of them might have to be cut. And I want the Niners to sign John Abraham. And I think Lemonier's ceiling is higher than Williams'.

*Assuming Carradine, Reid, Jarvis Jones & Tyler Eifert are all gone at 31.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Here's a scout video on Hankins. Feel fre to watch it over & over again picturing him in a 49ers' uniform next to John Abraham and / or Richard Seymour sacking Joe Flacco & breaking a rib or 2 in Superbowl 48 to seal the revenge victory:

[YOUTUBE]TK-mCCWRNHg[/YOUTUBE]

...Although the video contradicts itself a little & with the "hand useage" stuff. And it shows him fight through a double team to get close to the QB on a "weaknesses" example? Ehh.

Last edited by a moderator:

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Ok, here's what I want to happen in 15.5 hours (plus the time it takes to finish all 7 rounds - realistically):

*Niners trade 31 for 1st rounder in 2014 and a mid-late 2nd

Niners trade 34th pick for mid 2nd & mid-late 3rd

2a) Hankins
2b) Amerson (Even though he's not ready to start yet; he's pretty raw).
3a) Corey Lemonier
3b) Dobson (Swope's concussions scared me away)
3c) Tyler Bray
4a) Marquise Goodwin (KR)
4b) Marcus Lattimore
5a) Devin Taylor
5b) Chris Gragg
6) Greg Reid (KR / DB)
7a) Mark Harrison <--- Could he bulk up & be the next Delanie Walker? I'd also consider Davis from Virginia Tech in that role.
7b) Joseph Fauria
7c) Lawrence Okoye (becaus why not?)
7d) Some O-lineman nobody's ever heard of

I would have included Trevardo Williams, and I LOVE Trevardo Williams, but if the Niners draft 2 OLBs, one of them might have to be cut. And I want the Niners to sign John Abraham. And I think Lemonier's ceiling is higher than Williams'.

*Assuming Carradine, Reid, Jarvis Jones & Tyler Eifert are all gone at 31.

too many players that won't make the roster.. Not that they are bad players, but just not ones that will make OUR team. Also, wouldn't we end up with 3 2nd round picks? cause we have 34 & 61 now.. And like you said, if you trade back from #31, then you pick up the third total 2nd round picks.

Anyhow.. I am actually a little more on the side of trading up from 34 to say, Minny's pick and selecting someone. This would give us a 5th year on the rookie contract vs staying at 34 we would lose the possibility of the 5th at all..

If say DJ Hayden, or Desmond Trufant or Cyprien falls to the mid 20's, I would LOVE to see us move up and get one of those players. Probably in that order. Also, rumor in the bay is we are high on MAH BOY

DATONE JONES!!!!!!!!!!!!! at 31, no trade up..

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Trade with Minny, give them #34, and #93, and #157 to go to 25/23
I would love to go

#25-DJ Hayden/Desmond Trufant/Cyprien
#31-Datone Jones
#61-Brandon Williams/David Amerson/Darius Slay
#75-Marcus Lattimore/Barrett Jones
#93-traded for #25
#128-Trade for 3rd next year
#131-Duke Williams, S Duke
#157-traded for #25
#173-Jordan Mills, OT Lousiana-Tech
#180-Trade/BPA
#237-Quinton Dial, DE Bama
#246-BPA
#252-BPA

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Scout.com Final Mock (Jamie Newberg):
What I like about this mock is the fact that he admits that no way on earth would the niners stay put at pick #31. So in essense, he is admitting that the person he is projecting for us to select is not going to be the actual pick.

Scout.com: Final Mock Draft

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Scout.com Final Mock (Jamie Newberg):
What I like about this mock is the fact that he admits that no way on earth would the niners stay put at pick #31. So in essense, he is admitting that the person he is projecting for us to select is not going to be the actual pick.

Scout.com: Final Mock Draft

bleh... not anywhere to him in the first..