• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

free agency thread 2018

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And how many games has he been suspended for?

Three games through 2014. That being said, he is also the quickest to get flags and no benefit of the doubt. He can also be suspended for several games for behavior at a moment’s notice.

He also isn’t the same player he was in Detroit.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three games through 2014. That being said, he is also the quickest to get flags and no benefit of the doubt. He can also be suspended for several games for behavior at a moment’s notice.

He also isn’t the same player he was in Detroit.

For sure. Completely agree.

But he's still a super talented player at a position we all agree we need help at.

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These past few days have been awful. Of course, the FO can turn this around but at this point, it doesn't look good. I like the restraint but we are not even lining up visits. We have to walk away from this FA period with 4 starters. Its that simple. My fear is that the FO thinks this team is better than it is. We have massive holes at LG, RB, DL, ILB and CB. We need depth almost everywhere. It honestly seems like the FO is trying to acquire as many 2019 compensatory picks.

I do not miss the Vinny days but our strategy thus far has been bizarre. There have been some good deals but we have not been included in any of them. Again, there is time but the players that can make a difference are dropping like flies. We need to get some visits scheduled while there is still time.

The deals for Beau Allen, Todd Davis and Nickell Robey-Coleman were what we needed to do. Those players will make 15 million total. Those were the 3 players I wanted but our clowncar of a FO thought otherwise.

I think the FO is very privy to the 2019 compensatory pick potential. It is an "out" or another PR sell to the fans who are furious about the Cousins handling

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we just disagree on what we'd pay for the risk or the level of risk he carries.

As I said before, talent not withstanding... I simply dont think Redskins park is a conducive environment to get that talent out of him. I know you will likely say something along the lines of we shouldnt pass on talent based on the mistakes of the past. But until and unless we have a situation where we KNOW the owner and GM wont overrule the coach or interfere, players with the potential to be a distraction, be coddled, or cause friction should be avoided.

Suh rates avoidance in my book.

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said before, talent not withstanding... I simply dont think Redskins park is a conducive environment to get that talent out of him. I know you will likely say something along the lines of we shouldnt pass on talent based on the mistakes of the past. But until and unless we have a situation where we KNOW the owner and GM wont overrule the coach or interfere, players with the potential to be a distraction, be coddled, or cause friction should be avoided.

Suh also is not a fit having played in a 4-3 his entire life...

I'm a hard pass on Suh. Character concerns, salary, age, and fit... The reasons to not pursue him outweigh the reasons to pursue him.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No clue what this says about Tress Way. Simply competition?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm a hard pass on Suh. Character concerns, salary, age, and fit... The reasons to not pursue him outweigh the reasons to pursue him.

Scheme fit is apparently about the last thing considered in Ashburn.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we resigned brian quick and signed a dallas punter . just the kind of moves that improve this team sam irwin hill want a get!!!!:yes:

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well youre right - I would say we shouldnt avoid talent due to the mistakes of the past.

But seperate from that...if you believe this isnt a good culture for Suh? How is it a good one for Wilkerson?

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The fit isnt a problem. Hed be a great player as a 3-4 DL too.

He is a little older but he certainly isnt washed yet. Salary...well we dont really know what his salary will be yet.

I think the reasons to pursue him...talent and need are plenty to make him worth at least a look.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scheme fit is apparently about the last thing considered in Ashburn.

The problem is people use scheme fit as an excuse to support or knock the people they do and dont want here. Suh would fit fine here.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fit isnt a problem. Hed be a great player as a 3-4 DL too.

He is a little older but he certainly isnt washed yet. Salary...well we dont really know what his salary will be yet.

I think the reasons to pursue him...talent and need are plenty to make him worth at least a look.

Oh I dont think its a great environment for either. But if I had to pick, I would say again... I can fix lazy, and I dont think I can fix asshole.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is people use scheme fit as an excuse to support or knock the people they do and dont want here. Suh would fit fine here.

YOu mean like people use salary as a primary reason for not wanting guys when all else fails and they cant explain their hate??

Scheme fit is sort of a real thing though. Just look at how Haynesworth went from average, to flat garbage when we switched from a 4-3 to a 3-4. NOt the greatest example. BUt the reality is, some guys are better suited for a role than other guys in a particular scheme.