• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Free Agency and Free Agents Signings

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calvin Ridley is NOT a premier WR. He is not in the same class as Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Justin Jefferson, Jamar Chase, Deebo Samuel or even Stefon Diggs. He was the best WR available and that made him worth the money. He went to a team without a QB and an OL that gave up 64 sacks in 2023, 4th most.

I know you absolutely will not admit that TAXES, especially a millionaire tax and cold weather had nothing at all to do with it.

The Patriots offered him 3/$66M or an AAV of $22M and he turned his nose.
Oh please he is a premiere receiver you sure acted like that when you thought the Pats were gonna ink him. He was very heavily sought after and now that we did not get him you want to belittle his skill set? He was one of the premiere WRs in this FA class I think its more than fair to say that.

As I have said I am sure taxes are something agents consider in negotiations and work that language into the talks. My point is and it's true to the best of anyone's knowledge. I have never heard an NFL player say " Hey you know what the taxes are high there I won't play there:...

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was one of the premiere WRs in this FA class I think its more than fair to say that.
My exact quote:::

" He was the best WR available and that made him worth the money."

Is that UNFAIR???
You just don't like my opinion.

Finally, he is not a premier WR, He's never been MVP, does not have a ring and most important, has never been an All-Pro.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My exact quote:::

" He was the best WR available and that made him worth the money."

Is that UNFAIR???
You just don't like my opinion.

Finally, he is not a premier WR, He's never been MVP, does not have a ring and most important, has never been an All-Pro.
MVP and All Pro are a joke,. He may not be elite but was damn sure the premiere WR this FA period.

Im done with this call it what you will.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no until they get a QB none of it matters :suds:
something that hasnt been mentioned will this D be as good without BB running it|?
A FA QB or a drafted QB? Are you all in on using #3 on a potential starter?

I think the D will be as good or better. Mayo has watched and learned. His smarts is what made him the player he was. Plus Stevie B is still there. We'll learn quickly enougb what he learned from pops.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A FA QB or a drafted QB? Are you all in on using #3 on a potential starter?

I think the D will be as good or better. Mayo has watched and learned. His smarts is what made him the player he was. Plus Stevie B is still there. We'll learn quickly enougb what he learned from pops.
Hopefull he won't be drafting our WRs

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cross another one of the list. Tyron Smith signing a one year deal with the hated Jets. Could reach $20M with incentives. Full details not available. But, I'd have to think the incentives would deal with # of snaps/games played considering his past injury history.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cross another one of the list. Tyron Smith signing a one year deal with the hated Jets. Could reach $20M with incentives. Full details not available. But, I'd have to think the incentives would deal with # of snaps/games played considering his past injury history.
Are the Jets really still hated though?

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because of Mangina, I will always hate the Jets. For that matter any NY team, in any sport.
Seriously? Because of Mangina you will hate the Brooklyn Nets and Buffalo Bills? The Mangina thing was a BB vs Mangina thing, and I don't fault you for backing BB, but it really wasn't deeper than that.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously? Because of Mangina you will hate the Brooklyn Nets and Buffalo Bills? The Mangina thing was a BB vs Mangina thing, and I don't fault you for backing BB, but it really wasn't deeper than that.
I hate New York for many reasons, including the jets, Yankees and the politics.
Manjina? Couldn’t care less.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate New York for many reasons, including the jets, Yankees and the politics.
Manjina? Couldn’t care less.
Yeah, That's what I was inferring in my response to NW. Mangina was a moment in time, though it could be argued his actions led to the distraction that didn't help 18-1 become 19-0.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wolfe has to be thinking like his father. The Packers are always in the hunt and rarely have been at the bottom. They've won their share of Super Bowls and lost a few. His father rarely, if ever spent on big name free agents except for Reggie White.

Remember this....Wolfe does not have this job ......YET. Kraft said about a month ago that he and Johnathan would review the front office after the draft and make their final decisions. Wolfe is being very careful not to repeat 2022 and BB's spending for literally nothing.

His actions of keeping as many Patriots in the fold as possible is 'good' but it doesn't change the structure. He needs to get a LT, a CB, and a couple of WRs who will step in an displace TT and Bourke. Jonah Williams, Stephon Gilmore, Marquis Brown, Tyler Boyd, TJ Osborn would fit in and then they could draft a QB at #3 and big WR at #34. Then pick up a couple of young OTs.

It looks pretty simple from where we all sit, but convincing those guys to come to Foxboro, even for a hefty paycheck, may not be.
A LONG time ago.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, That's what I was inferring in my response to NW. Mangina was a moment in time, though it could be argued his actions led to the distraction that didn't help 18-1 become 19-0.
I hate everything NY. I don't think you can be a true Bostonian sports fan and not. Mangina just cemented it. One of the most chicken shit things ever.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate everything NY. I don't think you can be a true Bostonian sports fan and not. Mangina just cemented it. One of the most chicken shit things ever.
I don't think he meant for his actions to create the shit storm it did. Even though he went on to coach Cleveland, I do believe it crushed his career.