• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 New England Patriots - News and Rumors

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are one week away from Christmas and two weeks away from the new year.

Patriots have a game on Christmas Eve, New Years Eve and then conclude the season on January 7, 2024.

Thought that once the year changes, there will be a lot of things going on and we all will want to put 2023 behind us.

There will be new threads to discuss things but I thought there should be a place beyond 2023.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

realityball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok … you’re early, so I still have time for a Christmas list knowing full well that there is no Santa … well maybe a little doubt…

Hey Santa, I want (in order):

* Mike Vrabel as head coach
- I know this is a twofer since that would mean BB would be gone. But I ask he take his kid with him. Maybe he can teach some linebackers how to recognize a godd*amn screen somewhere else.

* A real 1st string QB with balls big enough to stay in the pocket
- I know you’re all saying that’s pie-in-the-sky, but hey, I’ve seen it done

*At least two amazing Olineman … they could even look like you but with darker beards … and a lot taller
- this is obvious and always on anyone’s list who knows the game … but still

* A whole new special teams system with kickers and coordinators
- give Slater the keys to the kingdom of goalposts and a scout just to help find freakin’ kickers

* Finally, updated contracts and a wad of health to the RBs and Defense they have now … they’re good enough to do the job … once they get better coordinators

… I got time to check my list twice

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok … you’re early, so I still have time for a Christmas list knowing full well that there is no Santa … well maybe a little doubt…

Why? What has he done in Nashville?
- I know this is a twofer since that would mean BB would be gone. But I ask he take his kid with him. Maybe he can teach some linebackers how to recognize a godd*amn screen somewhere else.

Yeah...
*At least two amazing Olineman … they could even look like you but with darker beards … and a lot taller
Yup.
- give Slater the keys to the kingdom of goalposts and a scout just to help find freakin’ kickers

* Finally, updated contracts and a wad of health to the RBs and Defense they have now … they’re good enough to do the job … once they get better coordinators
Hear hear!

realityball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? What has he done in Nashville?

…. maybe I got sugarplum fairies in my head, but I remember a Brady story when he first got to NE: Willie McGinest, among others, brought him aside and explained the ‘rules’ like being at meetings 10 minutes early since they started 5 minutes early … and stuff like that … remember ‘Patriot Time’ … anyway stuff like that helped define those teams … Patriot Pride and stuff … the unsaid abstracts of what a team is … I know im being a romantic here but, I see BB wasn’t all that, and it couldn’t ALL have been Brady … so I’m wondering if there was some magic in that team that maybe Vrabel could bring back … maybe … could be … worth a shot …
and I heard Mike V is having problems with the uppity-ups over there where I think he may not with the Krafts …

… hey, it’s Christmas, and it’s my list … so

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I concur. Vrabel as HC, Mayo as DC and leave O'Brien as OC Vrabel 10 games over .500 and 5 playoff games. Better than the jerkoff who is 20 games below .500 and 3 playoff games in double the years W/O TB12. Vrabel and his team knocked us out in playoffs in Brady\s last year

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
…. maybe I got sugarplum fairies in my head, but I remember a Brady story when he first got to NE: Willie McGinest, among others, brought him aside and explained the ‘rules’ like being at meetings 10 minutes early since they started 5 minutes early … and stuff like that … remember ‘Patriot Time’ … anyway stuff like that helped define those teams … Patriot Pride and stuff … the unsaid abstracts of what a team is … I know im being a romantic here but, I see BB wasn’t all that, and it couldn’t ALL have been Brady … so I’m wondering if there was some magic in that team that maybe Vrabel could bring back … maybe … could be … worth a shot …
and I heard Mike V is having problems with the uppity-ups over there where I think he may not with the Krafts …

… hey, it’s Christmas, and it’s my list … so
Don't get me wrong, I love Vrabel.
He just hasn't done much as a head coach as far as winning.
Maybe when has has another year or two gelling with his current GM.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ALERT, ALERT, ALERT

NFL has announced that one game will be played in Sao Paulo, Brazil in 2024.

Brazil is petitioning the NFL to give them an expansion team and willing to give the NFL (EACH OWNER) $1B entry fee. and will build a $5B 100,000 seat stadium. Can't wait to see the details.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ALERT, ALERT, ALERT

Brazil is petitioning the NFL to give them an expansion team and willing to give the NFL (EACH OWNER) $1B entry fee. and will build a $5B 100,000 seat stadium. Can't wait to see the details.
I can't wait to see the cheerleaders!

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ALERT, ALERT, ALERT

That’s a long-ass trip, farther than England or Germany. Assuming the game would be played in Sao Paolo.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s a long-ass trip, farther than England or Germany. Assuming the game would be played in Sao Paolo.
It was said that the game was in Sao Paulo. Most likely at what will be an incredibly treated soccer stadium with every blade of grass being give individual attention this is going to be an "impression" game. My guess is that there will be no less than 32 team owners in attendance getting every perk from the people who want a football team in Brazil.

I would assume:

It's a Monday night game.

Both teams would have a Bye the following week

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it were the 2014-2019 Pats they'd be getting the following Thursday game.
If I had a vote on the rules committee I would go for all Thursday night games be played on the week after a teams bye.

It's also time to redistribute Thanksgiving day games.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to NBC Sports Boston among others, Robert Kraft said today that he and Bill Belichick will meet on Monday following the final game of this season to ""Discuss Bill Belichick's future.""

That was it. He refused to discuss anything else regarding the meeting.

Anything else is pure conjecture..............................

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI:

JACKSONVILLE – A look at key dates for the NFL 2024 offseason:
  • January 15: Deadline for underclassmen to apply for 2024 NFL Draft.
  • February 4: Pro Bowl Games.
  • February 11: Super Bowl LVIII (Allegiant Stadium, Las Vegas, NV).
  • February 20: Teams may begin designating Franchise/Transition players.
  • February 27-March 4: NFL Scouting Combine (Lucas Oil Stadium, Indianapolis, IN).
  • March 5: Teams must designate Franchise/Transition players prior to 4 p.m., New York time.
  • March 11-13: Free-agency negotiation period.
  • March 13: End/start of League Year. The 2024 League Year and free-agency period begin at 4 p.m., New York time. Trades can begin and teams can sign free agents.
  • March 24-27: Annual League Meeting (Orlando, FL).
  • April 1: Clubs that hired a new head coach after the end of the 2023 regular season may begin offseason workout programs.
  • April 15: Clubs with returning head coaches may begin offseason workout programs.
  • April 17: Last day for teams to bring 30 draft-eligible players to facility for visits.
  • April 25-27: 2024 NFL Draft (Detroit, Mich.)
  • May 2: Deadline for Clubs to exercise fifth-year option for players selected in the first round of the 2021 NFL Draft.
  • May 3-6/May 10-13: Rookie minicamps.