• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 New England Patriots - News and Rumors

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"SOURCES" are telling the NBC Sports Boston guys that it's pretty much done. Covington will be the DC.

AND It appears that Nick Caley will be the OC.

Covington will be much like Mayo and be a CO-DC with Steve Belichick who will still be calling the defense on the sideline like he's been doing for the past three years.

The reason that nothing is being said is because all three of those guys are out filling the spots on their staffs. No one has been fired but nearly all of BB's people have been told to get their resumes out there while teams are looking.

Media is freaking out because all four will be rookies in their first year and trying to restore a complete disaster.

As one guy said. "It's like finding a 1973 Challenger in a barn that has no engine, wheels, or interior and trying to restore it with OEM parts. You know what you want to do and have a manual. Finding the parts is a whole different thing."

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Media is freaking out because all four will be rookies in their first year and trying to restore a complete disaster.

As one guy said. "It's like finding a 1973 Challenger in a barn that has no engine, wheels, or interior and trying to restore it with OEM parts. You know what you want to do and have a manual. Finding the parts is a whole different thing."

We're a QB, a few O lineman, and a few WR's away from having a solid roster. We've got tons of money to spend and high draft picks in every round. We've got several top notch defenders returning from IR to a defense that kicked ass without them. That 1973 Challenger comparison is utterly stupid.

A few good decisions by upper management and we're competitive again which is all we can ask for.

Nail that #3 pick and we could be set for years.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're a QB, a few O lineman, and a few WR's away from having a solid roster. We've got tons of money to spend and high draft picks in every round. We've got several top notch defenders returning from IR to a defense that kicked ass without them. That 1973 Challenger comparison is utterly stupid.

A few good decisions by upper management and we're competitive again which is all we can ask for.

Nail that #3 pick and we could be set for years.
We drafted heavy at O line last year. I have to hope some of those picks developed. The one prospect that could really set our draft on fire is Bo Nix. 5 year collegiate starter, once he got to Oregon he showed his meddle. If the Pats think he can the man then trading down cn make this roster really good, really fast

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We drafted heavy at O line last year. I have to hope some of those picks developed. The one prospect that could really set our draft on fire is Bo Nix. 5 year collegiate starter, once he got to Oregon he showed his meddle. If the Pats think he can the man then trading down cn make this roster really good, really fast
Do we want a meddler? :dhd:

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That 1973 Challenger comparison is utterly stupid.
I thought it was very well said. Even you're saying that all this team has to do is sign the "right" free agents, and draft the "right" college kids and the team will be fixed. Those are the OEM parts and we don't have a friggin' clue as to whether or not this new staff can even find the store, let alone know what the parts look like. Once they get the parts, did they buy the correct parts? One more question, "Can they turn a wrench?"

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was very well said. Even you're saying that all this team has to do is sign the "right" free agents, and draft the "right" college kids and the team will be fixed. Those are the OEM parts and we don't have a friggin' clue as to whether or not this new staff can even find the store, let alone know what the parts look like. Once they get the parts, did they buy the correct parts? One more question, "Can they turn a wrench?"

You are literally comparing an entirely stripped down car to a car that needs a few new parts to make it run great.

No comparison.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have my hopes set on Maye or Daniels though I'm down for whatever works. I'm really hoping we draft a "franchise QB" that sets us up for the next 10 years.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have my hopes set on Maye or Daniels though I'm down for whatever works. I'm really hoping we draft a "franchise QB" that sets us up for the next 10 years.
It would be very nice, I mentioned this before I would like to grab Danield in round one then Jordan Morgane in round 2

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be very nice, I mentioned this before I would like to grab Danield in round one then Jordan Morgane in round 2
Either way, I think it's going to be a couple of years before everything starts to fall into place. I'd be happy as hell if they finish 2024 at 8-9 and 2025 around 13-4. The defense will keep them in most games in 2024. We just don't know what to expect from the offense. After everyone gets a year under their belt and the offense has a year playing together, 2025 will start with plenty of cap space and a decent draft position to pick and chose people to fill holes, wherever they may be. Just have to keep our tempers under control in 2024 and not expect miracles.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either way, I think it's going to be a couple of years before everything starts to fall into place. I'd be happy as hell if they finish 2024 at 8-9 and 2025 around 13-4. The defense will keep them in most games in 2024. We just don't know what to expect from the offense. After everyone gets a year under their belt and the offense has a year playing together, 2025 will start with plenty of cap space and a decent draft position to pick and chose people to fill holes, wherever they may be. Just have to keep our tempers under control in 2024 and not expect miracles.
13-4 is an unreasonable expectation. It was unreasonable for TB12 most years despite the fact they beat the expectation.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you give Dugger 3 years/$45M??

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What are his comparisons and what are they getting? If 15 per measures close to the comps, I say yes.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would, they have the $. Make it incentive laden.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to BST, the Bears have asked the Patriots for a third round pick for Justin Fields.

Interesting because he'll be in year four of his rookie contract, just like Mac. Here's the conundrum. They are considering it so they can get him cheap for 2024, but are also considering getting him before May so they can pick up his fifth year option for roughly $25M. All things considered, they'd have him for two years at about $13.5M per year, same as Mac.

The difference between the two is that JF won six of his last eight games last year. He's been through and equally bad three years with horrible coaching, while Mac declined. The Raiders are also in the mix trying to get him so the Patriots can't sit on their hands.

Now that puts a pile of pressure on. Get Fields for two more years and possibly franchise him in 2026 or sign him to a monster contract if he works out AND draft Marvin Harrison??????????????????

Trade Mac to a needy team for an OT???

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to BST, the Bears have asked the Patriots for a third round pick for Justin Fields.

Interesting because he'll be in year four of his rookie contract, just like Mac. Here's the conundrum. They are considering it so they can get him cheap for 2024, but are also considering getting him before May so they can pick up his fifth year option for roughly $25M. All things considered, they'd have him for two years at about $13.5M per year, same as Mac.

The difference between the two is that JF won six of his last eight games last year. He's been through and equally bad three years with horrible coaching, while Mac declined. The Raiders are also in the mix trying to get him so the Patriots can't sit on their hands.

Now that puts a pile of pressure on. Get Fields for two more years and possibly franchise him in 2026 or sign him to a monster contract if he works out AND draft Marvin Harrison??????????????????

What team is going to want Mac at this point, if the Bears are thinking Fields is worth a third teams have to be thinking 4 or 5th for Jones. Why not just keep Jones, Keep the pick, draft a QB and see how things pan out for Jones? Giving up a 3rd for Fields when you can keep Mac who knows the receiving corps, coaches etc makes no sense to me. And Fields sucked for two years now we see six decent games and all of sudden he's the savior? No i'll pass

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like it.

JF has a better downfield arm than Mac, better scrambling ability than Mac. A few years ago the claim was Mac stayed cool in the pocket and was a better decision maker.
Maybe the last 6 games show that the game has slowed down for Fields and his arm and ability to keep a play alive will be much better assets.