• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2024 free agents

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The draft will be very interesting. This FA was very boring outside of re-upping Jaylon. At this point I just wonder how many offseasons it will be before I can stop asking for a new center....I'm starting to have doubts we address that position....again.
You need to quit openly asking. I'm betting Poles reads all your posts and doesn't seek a true starter just to piss you off.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here you go, Jiddy:

Doubt he'll be knocking on the Pro Bowl doors any time soon, but I'll take him over Bates every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see Poles sign a veteran wideout, altho I'd still like to also see one taken in the draft. The two I have mentioned here are not #1 material, but would make for a nice compliment to the passing attack, plus neither would break the bank, cost-wise. The two reasonable WR targets for signing:

Gabe Davis, Buffalo
Curtis Samuel, Washington
Now both are gone. Samuel inked with the Bills today. It's looking more and more like Poles will be taking his WR with the 9th pick or perhaps somewhere in the mid teens if he trades back.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now both are gone. Samuel inked with the Bills today. It's looking more and more like Poles will be taking his WR with the 9th pick or perhaps somewhere in the mid teens if he trades back.
Go get Hunter Renfrow as your slot WR!!!

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Williams is a FA. He could be a decent #2 to Moore's #1.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another targeted Bears FA bites the dust:

Read somewhere that Poles might be sitting on either Bosa or Mack (maybe both?) getting cut by the Chargers, but watching all these others get signed and hanging your hat on this type of situation is risky to say the least.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another targeted Bears FA bites the dust:

Read somewhere that Poles might be sitting on either Bosa or Mack (maybe both?) getting cut by the Chargers, but watching all these others get signed and hanging your hat on this type of situation is risky to say the least.

This is unlikely now that we're paying 18 million to Keenan Allen.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moot point anyway, both Mack and Bosa restructured their contracts to remain with the Chargers. But even if they hadn't I'd still agree with you. One huge contract between those two positions is enough. I'm starting to think the draft is where we'll find our other DE/Edge.

Reactions: DJ

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Whats left for offlineman......??

AT one time,before the Allen trade,I was for keeping the 9th,but now Im on the trade down with the 9th pick and we could still get us a very nice def player.....

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats left for offlineman......??

AT one time,before the Allen trade,I was for keeping the 9th,but now Im on the trade down with the 9th pick and we could still get us a very nice def player.....
And not to mention still get a highly rate OL as well. But back to your point, I agree there should be at least one of the top 3 DE/Edge players still on the board if for instance we trade back to the mid teens.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And not to mention still get a highly rate OL as well. But back to your point, I agree there should be at least one of the top 3 DE/Edge players still on the board if for instance we trade back to the mid teens.

We won't trade the 9 until draft night, if we do, is my guess.

Prior to last night's trade, I felt if any of Rome Odunze, Malik Nabers, Joe Alt, or Olu Fashanu were available, then we would keep the pick. I kinda still feel that way, but moreso about Alt and Fashanu than the other 2....as WR is pretty deep and you just don't pass on top tier OT's in the draft imo.

Since it looks like there will be a big run on QB's and WR's...We may have Alt fall to us. No offense to Braxton Jones...but talent is talent.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We won't trade the 9 until draft night, if we do, is my guess.

Prior to last night's trade, I felt if any of Rome Odunze, Malik Nabers, Joe Alt, or Olu Fashanu were available, then we would keep the pick. I kinda still feel that way, but moreso about Alt and Fashanu than the other 2....as WR is pretty deep and you just don't pass on top tier OT's in the draft imo.

Since it looks like there will be a big run on QB's and WR's...We may have Alt fall to us. No offense to Braxton Jones...but talent is talent.
I'm with you on Poles keeping a tight lip until draft day when it comes to the 9th pick. I'm sure he'll want to see who's taken where, which might involve some trade ups and downs prior to the 9th. And yeah, it will be interesting to see who's still on the board when our number is up. You brought up some interesting names on which I agree, but I'm also gonna toss two more on the D side of the ball, Dallas Turner and Jared Verse. The one I seriously doubt who will be there at 9 is Alt. But if he is, again that would pose a most interesting scenario.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I was wondering if Poles might consider taking a flier on WR Michael Gallup, who the Cowboys released, when I came across this:

Welcome back Pettis. While he may be more in line for ST action, I'm sure they're gonna utilize him in the passing game as well. This may be it for us going after any more WRs, at least up until the draft.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the list of free agents the Bears have signed to date:

Dante Pettis, WR/PR
Keenan Allen, WR (Trade)
Jake Curhan, OL
Coleman Shelton, C
Amen Ogbongbemiga, LB
Brett Rypien, QB
Matt Pryor, OL
Jonathan Owens, S
Gerald Everett, TE
D’Andre Swift, RB
Kevin Byard, S
Tavarius Moore, S

Here's a list of Bears free agents who have yet to sign with new teams:

D'Onta Foreman, RB
Dan Feeney, C/G
Lucas Patrick, C/G
Equanimeous St. Brown, WR
Trent Taylor, WR
Dylan Cole, LB
Marcedes Lewis, TE
Robert Tonyan, TE
Rasheem Green, DE
Yannick Ngakoue, DE
Joe Reed, WR
Josh Blackwell, CB

I bolded the three names who might have a shot at re-upping with the club. EST's best chance is mainly due to him being the best blocking WR on the team. Ditto with Lewis for the TE group. Blackwell has provided decent insurance when one of the regular CBs needs a breather or gets injured.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I was wondering if Poles might consider taking a flier on WR Michael Gallup, who the Cowboys released, when I came across this:

Welcome back Pettis. While he may be more in line for ST action, I'm sure they're gonna utilize him in the passing game as well. This may be it for us going after any more WRs, at least up until the draft.

Ya I dont see anymore wr signings......

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are some grades given out by various 'experts'.

Ranges from a C to an A-, probably averaging out to a B, which seems to be a fair overall grade so far.

Meanwhile 12 Bear FAs remained unsigned:

A bit surprised at a few of them not having yet found a team. One name I'm going to throw into the mix here is, believe it or not, Yannick Ngakoue. Now before you guys throw internet stones at me, I'm making this conditional based on two requirements. (1) we don't take one of the young stud DEs in the draft and (2) ensuring Ngakoue would ink for a much smaller payday. In other words these pretty much reduce the chance of signing him to the status of quite unlikely. But it might be worth exploring.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we all agree that Poles is wisely keeping his cards close to the vest until the draft unfolds, but assuming he doesn't strike early for a DE/Edge, that tells me he's gonna wait until next year's draft when there'll be a veritable gold mine of talented players at this position. If this turns out to be the case, I hope the next day he'd be on the phone with the agents for Yannick Ngakoue or Emmanual Ogbah, as both remain unsigned:

Neither signing would break the bank, and each of these players provides veteran experience as rotational pass rushers. Of course Poles could also be wating to see what cuts are made in the later months before going this route. Who knows.