• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agency, 2024

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niners hosting Colts FS J.Blackmon. He had a career year last year, but will he sign for what we can pay him? At safety, We've got Brown in his 2nd year, Hufanga coming back from ACL surgery, Odom as teh backup, and Gipson is a FA considering retirement.
49ers got better by not resigning chase young.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
With 10 draft picks to add, not so sure we sign another Free Agent? MAYBE one that's sort of a 'tryout' like Parker, but otherwise we've added more than enough.

Yosemite Sam

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have heard this is a very poor safety draft, so signing Blackmon or Justin Simmons makes sense. Corner is a deeper position in this draft, but what do they really need? A CB2 or a NCB? It depends on how they want to use Lenoir.

Does anybody think they draft Cooper DeJean if he drops to 31? His versatility might be attractive to Lynch and Sorensen.

Trivia: Did you know that Justin Simmons has intercepted Patrick Mahomes more than any other player (6 times). Tashaun Gipson brought a saavy, veteran leadership to the defensive backfield that Hufanga and Brown benefitted from. I think Justin Simmons can be better than Gipson, and that would unlock these players to do great things.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I have heard this is a very poor safety draft, so signing Blackmon or Justin Simmons makes sense. Corner is a deeper position in this draft, but what do they really need? A CB2 or a NCB? It depends on how they want to use Lenoir.

Does anybody think they draft Cooper DeJean if he drops to 31? His versatility might be attractive to Lynch and Sorensen.

Trivia: Did you know that Justin Simmons has intercepted Patrick Mahomes more than any other player (6 times). Tashaun Gipson brought a saavy, veteran leadership to the defensive backfield that Hufanga and Brown benefitted from. I think Justin Simmons can be better than Gipson, and that would unlock these players to do great things.
For the 'big picture' IMO you bring in an outside CB first where possible. We all know the NB is also an important spot to fill but seems to me there are more NB's every year versus outside CB's. Every year we see quality CB's who don't have the physical traits for an NFL outside CB.

Now in this draft 'never say never' to a CB at #31, but IMO Luter and Yiadom will be given chances to take an outside spot. Don't see us drafting a CB till late.

Brightboat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but prior to his injury, he wasn't playing at the same level as he had his 1st year starting.
He gets confused a lot in coverage That was the knock on him at SC but he did win PAC 12 Defensive Player of The Year so he does a lot of things well. He would benefit from a good pass rush but the 49ers just don't seem to know how to pressure the QB even with all the attention they paid to it last year in terms of adding top rated personnel. Can't think of one D Lineman on the team who didn't under achieve last season

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I agree, but prior to his injury, he wasn't playing at the same level as he had his 1st year starting.
Agree

This isn't to say replace him now, but this is a 'what have you done for me lately' thing. Good opponents don't care about your past accomplishments, if you have a weakness they'll attack it.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Obviously, we want our rookie class to flash enough so these 'borderline' vets can be released, but to hedge against poor picks this strategy makes sense. As long as you're willing to spend now before the cap cut down arrives.