• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Free Agency Discussion

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos made a few moves. Awhile back they re-signed Jonas Griffith to a 1 year deal. Today they re-signed EFA WR Michael Bandy and also did not tender DL Jonathan Harris (who has never made an impact)

There have been a lot of other moves but some that stand out

Zach Ertz to the Commanders (Only sticks out because of his name not so much his play anymore)

Bills cut a lot of players today to get under the cap. Biggest one being Tre'Davious White and Jordan Poyer. Also, Mitch Morse, Deonte Hardy, Siran Neal. They needed to cut salarly but also possibily looking to make a big move on their back end of the secondary it seems like. White is too bad. A great player who has now suffered back to back damaging injuries and probably isn't worth the contract the Bills gave him.

Seems like L'Jarius Sneed will almost surely get traded. Smart move by KC to tag him. We should have done that with Dre'Mont last year and gotten a pick for him but I will stop complaining about that a year later. I did enough of that after we didn't tag him last year.

Dolphins released Jerome Baker. I am sure most of you have seen by now that the most overrated DB in the NFL Jamal Adams was also waived by the all mighty smart trading machine Seattle Seahawks. As was Quandre Diggs and a few others.

I won't list all the moves on here but this will get us started.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos cut Justin Simmons

Bills sign Mitchel Trubisky and re-sign Taylor Rapp.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of smoke around the WR's again. Sutton removed Broncos from all his social media...................

I am prepared for a roster tear down, a trade back in the draft to acquire more young talent which will lead to pretty poor year with a very young team on the field in 2024. As I pointed out through the year we don't have a roster that is a few players away from being in the hunt so this is probably long overdue.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of smoke around the WR's again. Sutton removed Broncos from all his social media...................

I am prepared for a roster tear down, a trade back in the draft to acquire more young talent which will lead to pretty poor year with a very young team on the field in 2024. As I pointed out through the year we don't have a roster that is a few players away from being in the hunt so this is probably long overdue.
Part of me thinks we won’t draft a QB this year and will trade down over and over to get more picks the next few years like you said. Since we don’t really have a chance at the top 3 QB’s this year, depending on good next years class is we could accumulate picks and use that ammo next year if we happen to be on the outside looking in again at a top QB pick.

This team might be worse on the field but I don’t see us being 2-15 or 3-14 levels of bad.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If
Part of me thinks we won’t draft a QB this year and will trade down over and over to get more picks the next few years like you said. Since we don’t really have a chance at the top 3 QB’s this year, depending on good next years class is we could accumulate picks and use that ammo next year if we happen to be on the outside looking in again at a top QB pick.

This team might be worse on the field but I don’t see us being 2-15 or 3-14 levels of bad.
We have nobody to intercept the ball, and nobody to catch it, we damn well could see 3-13.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think they'll take a QB in the 1st round. No coach wants to enter any season feeling like his team isn't competitive. That starts with the QB and I don't think Payton believes Stidham is the answer. They're also going to need someone under center on a rookie contract for a few years to help them get through their financial purgatory.

Would love them to find a way to stay in the first round, move back, pick up a 2nd rounder and still draft a QB. I've seen a few mock drafts that adopted this strategy for the Broncos. Most have them taking Nix later in the 1st round.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to be spending time away from all things football for a while I think. This Simmons thing was stupid, and on top of seeing it all over social media are the idiots blaming Paton for it exclusively. So rather than going on a bender or a spree of any kind, I'm going to chill out and see how to catch this AI train in the markets.

Toodles.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to be spending time away from all things football for a while I think. This Simmons thing was stupid, and on top of seeing it all over social media are the idiots blaming Paton for it exclusively. So rather than going on a bender or a spree of any kind, I'm going to chill out and see how to catch this AI train in the markets.

Toodles.
Just remember - Every time you think you're out - we pull you back in.

coloradobuff

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think McCarthy is out of our reach now.
Move back and take Nix or BPA and collect draft picks.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was wondering if the Broncos might try to go get Noah Fant back. He's not a super star but he continues to improve his craft.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think McCarthy is out of our reach now.
Move back and take Nix or BPA and collect draft picks.
Moving back might be dangerous if you really want Nix. At least a couple writers I’ve seen rate him higher than JJ. We’ll have to see how FA works out and what teams meet their QB need that way.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mcglinchy restructured his deal giving us $11 million cap space
Well that’s good. He definitely didn’t live up to his contract. Maybe they can get Powers to do it too

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't know Zach Allen is going to carry a 19 million dollar cap hit this season

japanese-girls-having-fun.gif