• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agency, 2024

Yosemite Sam

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A young DT. Looks like run stopping depth. 2 year deal worth 10M total.
Two years, $10 million...roughly the same they gave backup safety George Odum. Jordan Elliott started for the Browns but looks like he was a rotational piece with 464 snaps, 444 snaps and 703 snaps in past three seasons. Lance Zierlein's player comp was Kawann Short. Originally projected to be a "plus starter."

Yosemite Sam

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Danielle Hunter wants $30M/yr, he won't get it. Like me, I want $30M/yr and I won't get it either.

He will come in near Maxx Crosby - Leonard Williams range (around $22M-$23M).

Like Arik Armstead, they may need to test the market to learn these facts.

Yosemite Sam

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw reports that Hunter wants 30M/yr. That could be a reason he's still unemploye
Texans are signing Danielle Hunter for $24.5M/year.

If you combine the Floyd/YGM at $19M/yr and add a Jordan Elliott or George Odum ($5M/yr) you would be set for several years.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niners sign veteran LB Eric Kendricks. This has to be some temporary, veteran help with Greenlaw likely out much of the season.

We signed former Panther Edge Yetur Gross-Matos to a 2 year, 18M deal. The devil will be in the details, but that looks like an overpay. 9M/yr? Seems like a lot for this guy. Is he the early down Ferrell replacement at Edge?

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texans are signing Danielle Hunter for $24.5M/year.

If you combine the Floyd/YGM at $19M/yr and add a Jordan Elliott or George Odum ($5M/yr) you would be set for several years.
Looks like Hunter’s deal with Houston has a max value of 51M, so it’s a 2 year deal worth 25.5M/yr with 48M fully guaranteed. It’s practically a 2 year, fully guaranteed deal. Interesting

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's for a 7th rd pick. Not a bad addition for a durable DT that started in 49 games over 3 seasons. We're definitely rebuilding the DLine with some new blood.

The Dallas Cowboys drafted Collins (6-2, 310) as a third-round pick (No. 67 overall) out of Nebraska in 2016. Through 16 starts with the Texans last season, he registered 41 tackles, including eight for a loss, 18 quarterback hits, five sacks, and a pass defensed, per Pro Football Reference.

This is the party I don't quite get--He is due an $8 million base salary in 2024. The 49ers will have an out on his contract after the upcoming season, should they choose not to pay his $9.5 million salary in 2025. The Texans reportedly save $3.47 million in the trade.

From the salary figures, it sure looks like Collins will be a starter at DT next to Hargrave and Elliot will be the backup DT. By investing this much at DT, it doesn't look like AA will be coming back.

Last edited:

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Juice has agreed to restructure his deal, saving teh team 1.75M in cap space.

Juszczyk was slated to earn $5.75 million in base salary this year, with a cap hit of $7.6 million. Thats MILES above the next FB in the league. Even after the redo, he is still the highest paid FB in the league.

There are no details out yet about whether this is a real paycut or a plain restructure. I would expect that he took a paycut of 1.75M for this season and can earn that money back through incentives of some kind.

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
have,nt seen a deal as dumb as the huge one cousins bilked out of the falcons yet.
It's worth it for the Falcons imo. If Cousins is 90% of what he was in Minny, Atlanta will be in the playoffs next year. They've got lots of young talent around him and a pretty good Oline.

STill, you're right, there haven't been any just WOW contracts yet. I'm sure that'll come when Dallas and Detroit sign their QBs to extensions. I'll be shocked if Dak doesn't get 50M/yr.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's worth it for the Falcons imo. If Cousins is 90% of what he was in Minny, Atlanta will be in the playoffs next year. They've got lots of young talent around him and a pretty good Oline.

STill, you're right, there haven't been any just WOW contracts yet. I'm sure that'll come when Dallas and Detroit sign their QBs to extensions. I'll be shocked if Dak doesn't get 50M/yr.
Jones is dumb and senile enough to give dak 50 mill.

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones is dumb and senile enough to give dak 50 mill.
Jones backed himself into a corner with Dak, as Prescott has him over a barrel--a no trade clause, 60M cap hit, Lamb and Parsons needing new deals, and Dak will cost them something like 40-50M in 2025 even if he's not on the team! It'll cost Jones a fortune to reup him, but he just about has to in order to clear up some good cap space this year and next.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones backed himself into a corner with Dak, as Prescott has him over a barrel--a no trade clause, 60M cap hit, Lamb and Parsons needing new deals, and Dak will cost them something like 40-50M in 2025 even if he's not on the team! It'll cost Jones a fortune to reup him, but he just about has to in order to clear up some good cap space this year and next.
I hope he lives forever so Dallas will never win another sb.

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's interesting to me that both Collins and Elliot played in a wide 9 defense on their old teams. So, they should be able to get up to speed quickly in the Niners wide 9 defense.

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Former Niner OL Matt Pryor signing with the Bears.

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if the FO is keeping an eye on Feliciano. He was an upgrade over Burford at RT. It would be nice to bring in Feliciano or a even Laken Tomlinson at RG.

Yosemite Sam

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's interesting to me that both Collins and Elliot played in a wide 9 defense on their old teams. So, they should be able to get up to speed quickly in the Niners wide 9 defense.
I like these moves at DT. Jordan Elliott was a starter on a damn good Cleveland Browns defense, and Maliek Collins was a starter for DeMeco Ryans. I am a big fan of Armstead as a local kid turned stellar human being and pretty good at football. But, I was never a fan of that deal Lynch & Marathe gave him (losing DeForest Buckner adds emphasis here). Moving forward, this is a nice rotation of Hargrave, Collins and Elliott.

Yosemite Sam

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niners sign veteran LB Eric Kendricks. This has to be some temporary, veteran help with Greenlaw likely out much of the season.

We signed former Panther Edge Yetur Gross-Matos to a 2 year, 18M deal. The devil will be in the details, but that looks like an overpay. 9M/yr? Seems like a lot for this guy. Is he the early down Ferrell replacement at Edge?
Signed Yetur Gross-Matos for more than they could have kept Charles Omenihu (2yr, $16M)

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niners resign DT Kevin Givens to a 1 year deal.

And the Niners had agreed to a deal with LB Eric Kendricks, but he changed his mind and will now sign with Dallas.

The Ravens have reportedly inquired about trading for Deebo Samuel.

Yosemite Sam

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you believe Aiyuk and Jags have "mutual interest?" That sounds like potential tampering. I am sure the Jags would deny, but Aiyuk's agent is not above playing these games. I think it is important to find out where Aiyuk's head is at. Is he frustrated that Kyle did not feature him in the Super Bowl? Does he feel under appreciated behind bigger personalities like Deebo, Kittle and CMC? Does he want to blow Ridley's number out of the water? Does he hate Bay Area cost of living and taxes? Does he want to raise his children somewhere else?