• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Free agency and draft thread

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Olinemen and Cornerbacks are going higher than you think right now

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have the QB, WR, and the OL positions dominating at least the 1st round, but adding CB to the mix is intriguing.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ends up true most years
Yeah, you're probably right, especially with QB & WR. It seems whenever the earliest mock drafts start popping up, the 1st round tends to be more balanced. But as the season, then offseason progresses, certain positions such as QB & WR begin climbing the boards. Guess it's just human nature, being these are the two most dynamic positions in the NFL. For this year's draft I'm guessing a minimum of 15 with a max of 20 going in the 1st round when it comes to the QB, WR, and OL spots. The actual number will likely fall somewhere in between.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a lot of people have 8 or 9 OL going rd1 so I'd be a little shocked if more went rd1. CB rising seems very probable. Seems like this is the time of year where people think that CB from Toledo with no hype is going pick 35 and he actually goes pick 12.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bunch of teams need OTs. Not many available in free agency so the draft will be the place to try to get one.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, you're probably right, especially with QB & WR. It seems whenever the earliest mock drafts start popping up, the 1st round tends to be more balanced. But as the season, then offseason progresses, certain positions such as QB & WR begin climbing the boards. Guess it's just human nature, being these are the two most dynamic positions in the NFL. For this year's draft I'm guessing a minimum of 15 with a max of 20 going in the 1st round when it comes to the QB, WR, and OL spots. The actual number will likely fall somewhere in between.
I'm talking about OL and CB going higher than most people are talking about now.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a lot of people have 8 or 9 OL going rd1 so I'd be a little shocked if more went rd1. CB rising seems very probable. Seems like this is the time of year where people think that CB from Toledo with no hype is going pick 35 and he actually goes pick 12.
Seems like there's extra in the top ten and extra in the teens by the time May rolls around

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm talking about OL and CB going higher than most people are talking about now.
Not ruling out the CB spot going higher than many are forecasting. Quite possible. I'm only sure of QB, WR, and OL dominating the 1st round. Maybe CB takes the 4th most.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not ruling out the CB spot going higher than many are forecasting. Quite possible. I'm only sure of QB, WR, and OL dominating the 1st round. Maybe CB takes the 4th most.
Well, it seems likely that we have 0 RBs, 1 TE, 0 ILB, 0 S so that leaves a lot of spots for other positions. Looking at one random mock draft and I see:

QB: IIIII
WR: IIIII II
OL: IIIII III
TE: I

EDGE: III
DT: III
CB: IIIII

Thats almost half of the first round with just OL and WR. Wild.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it seems likely that we have 0 RBs, 1 TE, 0 ILB, 0 S so that leaves a lot of spots for other positions. Looking at one random mock draft and I see:

QB: IIIII
WR: IIIII II
OL: IIIII III
TE: I

EDGE: III
DT: III
CB: IIIII

Thats almost half of the first round with just OL and WR. Wild.
Sure, that makes sense. I've been saying all along that the draft will be dominated by three positions. If you want to throw in CB to make it a 4th, this is more than understandable, considering CB is a premium spot and arguably the most in-demand position on the D side of the ball.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the other one was "..trade thread" and not "...draft thread"?

Anyway, which stupid GM would waste draft capital on a trade for him?

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have the QB, WR, and the OL positions dominating at least the 1st round, but adding CB to the mix is intriguing.

Definitely a heavy WR/QB/OL draft but I do think there will be a run on corners in the 2nd half of the 1st round. Kind of like last year with WRs all going back to back in the same spot.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah WR's are going to drop in draft by quite a bit in general. At least for the so called 1st round guys.

WR is a position that is in dangerous oversupply area. That is a position in a couple of years might start to get devalued like RB. There just is such a crazy amount of talent at the position entering the league every year now as of late.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah WR's are going to drop in draft by quite a bit in general. At least for the so called 1st round guys.

WR is a position that is in dangerous oversupply area. That is a position in a couple of years might start to get devalued like RB. There just is such a crazy amount of talent at the position entering the league every year now as of late.

Eh I dunno. NCAAF is valuing the passing game just like the NFL now. Receivers and corners are surging up in stock as a result. I don't think they'll get devalued anytime soon. I mean 20 years ago it was pretty common for multiple runningbacks to go in the top 10, etc. The game has completely shifted away from the run and is now all about the pass.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Judging by the FA list for 2024, its definitely not there right now.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Judging by the FA list for 2024, its definitely not there right now.

What?!?!

This is one of the most talented WR classes to ever hit the market (if they indeed do). And one of the most talented positional group to ever hit the FA market.

Of course it might and likely will change but.....

Mike Evans
Tee Higgins
Marquise Brown
Mike Pittman

You dont get FA WR's like that on the open market usually. Of course they might not get there. But that is the most talented list I c

Go look at FA tracker and go from year to year to see what a normal FA WR class looks like:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What?!?!

This is one of the most talented WR classes to ever hit the market (if they indeed do). And one of the most talented positional group to ever hit the FA market.

Of course it might and likely will change but.....

Mike Evans
Tee Higgins
Marquise Brown
Mike Pittman

You dont get FA WR's like that on the open market usually. Of course they might not get there. But that is the most talented list I c

Go look at FA tracker and go from year to year to see what a normal FA WR class looks like:
Mike Evans will be 31 next season and will make serious bank. I think that proves that the WR market is still pretty thin. Brown and Pittman have zero pro bowls or all pro selections and will likely be expensive. WR is in very high demand.