• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

free agency thread 2018

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think sammy gets tagged but if he is there hopefully we can make a play for him

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He blows every receiver on this team away in talent.

Again a statement with nothing to back it up. Now it wouldn't be hard to blow our current receivers away but his stats on a team that has done well are not that great. That is not entirely true, he has an excellent ypc average. Less than three catches a game is not very good though. BTW, Crowder is probably better.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gee, havent i been saying this for over a year? perhaps you can get dean to read it :D

I think a lot of people have been saying but I thought we needed ONE more post to prove the point. :pound:

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again a statement with nothing to back it up. Now it wouldn't be hard to blow our current receivers away but his stats on a team that has done well are not that great. That is not entirely true, he has an excellent ypc average. Less than three catches a game is not very good though. BTW, Crowder is probably better.

His sophomore season was borderline dominant. Pretty much every film guy agrees hes a special talent. On a per target basis hes dominant. Nothing to back it up, my ass.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His sophomore season was borderline dominant. Pretty much every film guy agrees hes a special talent. On a per target basis hes dominant. Nothing to back it up, my ass.

Who's a film guy? He had 65 catches and just under a 1,000 yards his rookie season, he had 60 catches and a hair over a 1,000 yards his 2nd year. Nothing near that the past two years. Robert Griffin had a great rookie year. You better cover your ass.

I would take him over Ryan Grant and Pryor. I think he is sort of a push with Crowder and god only knows with Doctson. Sammy does have deep threat which the Skins are missing since DJax was let go.

BTW this is how you bet your ass. You don't just throw a statement out there without some backup. Well you can but it doesn't mean much other than you have a chub for Sammy. I have to admit I have no idea who is available in FA this year so I have no idea if he is the best, in the middle etc.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's a film guy? He had 65 catches and just under a 1,000 yards his rookie season, he had 60 catches and a hair over a 1,000 yards his 2nd year. Nothing near that the past two years. Robert Griffin had a great rookie year. You better cover your ass.

I would take him over Ryan Grant and Pryor. I think he is sort of a push with Crowder and god only knows with Doctson. Sammy does have deep threat which the Skins are missing since DJax was let go.

BTW this is how you bet your ass. You don't just throw a statement out there without some backup. Well you can but it doesn't mean much other than you have a chub for Sammy. I have to admit I have no idea who is available in FA this year so I have no idea if he is the best, in the middle etc.

Literally dozens of people who do NFL draft scouting and NFL film review. I have yet to see a single person who does regular film review think he wasnt super talented.

I dont think you realize how rare it is that he had that many yards his first 2 seasons. That doesnt happen often at all.

For more context on how ridiculous his second season was - Guest Post: Adam Harstad on Sammy Watkins

He was straight up bonkers. Which after being one of the best WR prospects of the last decade makes me think he might be kinda good at football.

I would trade Doctson and Crowder together for him in a heartbeat and I love Crowder.

Hes also younger than Doctson. Theres really 0 reason to prefer Doctson to Watkins as a player.

As for other FAs. Its a lot of that crazy 2014 WR class. Jarvis Landry, Watkins, Allen Robinson, Davante Adams are all set to be FAs. Also have John Brown, Moncrief, and Paul Richardson.

IMO Id rank them as Watkins > ARob > Adams > Landry > then a drop to the rest of them.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Literally dozens of people who do NFL draft scouting and NFL film review. I have yet to see a single person who does regular film review think he wasnt super talented.

I dont think you realize how rare it is that he had that many yards his first 2 seasons. That doesnt happen often at all.

For more context on how ridiculous his second season was - Guest Post: Adam Harstad on Sammy Watkins

He was straight up bonkers. Which after being one of the best WR prospects of the last decade makes me think he might be kinda good at football.

I would trade Doctson and Crowder together for him in a heartbeat and I love Crowder.

Hes also younger than Doctson. Theres really 0 reason to prefer Doctson to Watkins as a player.

As for other FAs. Its a lot of that crazy 2014 WR class. Jarvis Landry, Watkins, Allen Robinson, Davante Adams are all set to be FAs. Also have John Brown, Moncrief, and Paul Richardson.

IMO Id rank them as Watkins > ARob > Adams > Landry > then a drop to the rest of them.

Much better. Adam Harstad is a stay at home dad and fantasy football player. Doesn't sound like a film guy or pro scout.

All that said I have nothing against Sammy. I would take ARob or Landry first .... I think. Robinson was very productive early with a bad QB. Of course like you I am a PSU guy so I am biased there. He is also coming off an ACL tear.

Landry has the best numbers. This year Landry has 88 receptions so on a pace for about 100 catches. If he does that it would be his 2nd time with 100. His worst year was his rookie year when he had 84. Sammy is more of a big play receiver though. Just to give you some background from me ... I liked Sammy in college. I would have liked to see more production from him this year though.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much better. Adam Harstad is a stay at home dad and fantasy football player. Doesn't sound like a film guy or pro scout.

All that said I have nothing against Sammy. I would take ARob or Landry first .... I think. Robinson was very productive early with a bad QB. Of course like you I am a PSU guy so I am biased there. He is also coming off an ACL tear.

Landry has the best numbers. This year Landry has 88 receptions so on a pace for about 100 catches. If he does that it would be his 2nd time with 100. His worst year was his rookie year when he had 84. Sammy is more of a big play receiver though. Just to give you some background from me ... I liked Sammy in college. I would have liked to see more production from him this year though.

Right. Hes not a film guy. Hes a stats guy (and FWIW without a doubt one of if not the smartest dude I follow on twitter). Which is my point - Both the film and the stats point to Watkins being really talented.

Landry is just so damn meh from an efficiency standpoint. He'll catch you 100 passes but theyll go for like 500 yards total (exaggeration).

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here is the problem if we sign kirk for (28 mill) so we are working with est about 24 mill -34 mill with some cuts is this enough to land key help or just enough to do the same o shit

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here is the problem if we sign kirk for (28 mill) so we are working with est about 24 mill -34 mill with some cuts is this enough to land key help or just enough to do the same o shit
we have a draft and that is what we should build with . resign brown and KC maybe pick up a decent fa or 2

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

24-34 MIllion is enough to add some good QUALITY FAs,

Its not enough to try and play money ball, which we have failed miserably at numerous times.