• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Early prediction: Which QB starts Week 1?

Who will start QB week 1. Early prior to PS prediction

• Trevor Siemian

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Paxton Lynch

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • Someone else- Please state who.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of Chad and former Broncos... Chad Henne has survived in the NFL a long time as a backup. He is going into his 6th season as Jacksonville's backup, in which he might just get another shot to start at some point this year with Bortles struggling. I always admire a guy who is with the same team for a long time even in a backup role. Henne played 4 years in Miami and is now in his 6th year with Jacksonville. Just randomly thought of him and how he has hung around for a long time as a backup on the same team. Seems like often backup QB's bounce around a lot.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back up QB in the NFL is a really great gig .. hard to beat

Tickets on the 50 yard line Ground level ..Smoose with all the players and maybe a trip to the SB were you get to party with the team .. all that and get paid a mill or so a year ..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Siemian will start PS game 1
Lynch will start PS game 2.

Never a good sign when you have to do it that way to determine who starter will be. Means neither looks above the other. Call me nervous. I just wish one of the two would break above the other. I don't think this is a situation of both looking good either to where we have a controversy. It's more of an "oh crap" situation.

You and Nick just need to trust me all things will work out well at this position. I'm winning this bet and the two of you will be buying me a drink soon enough and be happy to do it knowing we have a QB for the next 10+ years.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds good to me....

Crash says Lynch and Siemian will both be great, so I feel pretty relaxed now. Everything should be fine. Might as well buy you that drink now and get it over with. ;)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds good to me....

Crash says Lynch and Siemian will both be great, so I feel pretty relaxed now. Everything should be fine. Might as well buy you that drink now and get it over with. ;)

Hey I wouldn't fight it. I still think with Paxton games are more where he will shine compared to practice. Let's his full arsenal of skills get to be used.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope. I have always had hope in him, but I am starting to get nervous... I pray you're right.. We won't be bad enough next year to get one of the elite QB's so unlike Nick.. I am not banking on Josh Allen. ;)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope. I have always had hope in him, but I am starting to get nervous... I pray you're right.. We won't be bad enough next year to get one of the elite QB's so unlike Nick.. I am not banking on Josh Allen. ;)

Haha yeah I don't think we will be that bad this year and if Paxton is what I think he will be good chance we are fighting for those playoffs.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have some huge difference of opinions here, which is fun.

We have Crash who thinks it's Philip Rivers vs Drew Brees all over.

We have you who thinks we have the next Aaron Rodgers

and we have me who thinks it is Brian Hoyer vs Brock Osweiler of the Texans.

I hope one of the first two is correct. :)

Not gonna lie I am a patient person with young players but QB I am less patient about, and I am on a tad bit of panic mode the last few days when it comes to our QB spot. Thanks for trying to make me feel better. I'm not giving up just concerned.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have some huge difference of opinions here, which is fun.

We have Crash who thinks it's Philip Rivers vs Drew Brees all over.

We have you who thinks we have the next Aaron Rodgers

and we have me who thinks it is Brian Hoyer vs Brock Osweiler of the Texans.

I hope one of the first two is correct. :)

Not gonna lie I am a patient person with young players but QB I am less patient about, and I am on a tad bit of panic mode the last few days when it comes to our QB spot. Thanks for trying to make me feel better. I'm not giving up just concerned.

I don't think he is Aaron Rodgers by any means. I mean to me Rodgers is the best QB in the NFL. I think he can be a Mariota type though with a better ability to hold up against injury. Mariota is further along in his development but when Paxton gets things figured out I think people will be surprised by his accuracy. His accuracy came down a little over the final couple of weeks of his college career but he was on pace his final year in Memphis to be around 70% completion. He was on a very upward trend in his playing career and I really do think when things start to click for him he will take off.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carl,

Have a sense of humor. I was having fun with it. :) Smile.

I know what you think of Paxton and it isn't like you're going overboard. I just hope your expectations are spot on. Ill gladly have Nick buy you a 12 pack if you are and we can drink it while he picks up after us.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole competition has been catered to Lynch and he seems to be regressing as the playbook increases.
Trevor has not won the job as much as Lynch has lost it. Now the games themselves can easily trump the 7 on 7 practices if Lynch excels and outplays Trevor during the games.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole competition has been catered to Lynch and he seems to be regressing as the playbook increases.
Trevor has not won the job as much as Lynch has lost it. Now the games themselves can easily trump the 7 on 7 practices if Lynch excels and outplays Trevor during the games.

Sadly, this is how it feels to me too.

Nobody has won it, but someone is losing it.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's early guys. Haven't even played one pre-season game yet. I think most of us expected the offense to struggle early on with young QB's and a whole new system. I'm not one who thinks the Broncos make the post season this year. Our schedule is tough and our coaching staff is new. I still think they can win 9 games but I expect a slow start. What I would really like is to come out of this season with a clear-cut starting quarterback of the future. Reports from camp aren't supporting that notion just yet but like I said, it's early.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes- We are well aware that it is early.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's early guys. Haven't even played one pre-season game yet. I think most of us expected the offense to struggle early on with young QB's and a whole new system. I'm not one who thinks the Broncos make the post season this year. Our schedule is tough and our coaching staff is new. I still think they can win 9 games but I expect a slow start. What I would really like is to come out of this season with a clear-cut starting quarterback of the future. Reports from camp aren't supporting that notion just yet but like I said, it's early.
with 4 of the first 5 games at home, not sure Denver can afford a slow start.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Going to be interesting not just ps but all year wondering if either Qb is the answer down the road. So far, most of the people I talk to at camp talk mostly of TS consistency , yet many forget to mention that Lynch has been very consistent on batted balls at line of scrimmage, including 5 in one day. That's not easy to do when your 6'7. That will help him avoid interceptions for sure. I'm with DC, the ceiling of Trevor vs between the ears of Lynch should have most Bronco fans nervous.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Going to be interesting not just ps but all year wondering if either Qb is the answer down the road. So far, most of the people I talk to at camp talk mostly of TS consistency , yet many forget to mention that Lynch has been very consistent on batted balls at line of scrimmage, including 5 in one day. That's not easy to do when your 6'7. That will help him avoid interceptions for sure. I'm with DC, the ceiling of Trevor vs between the ears of Lynch should have most Bronco fans nervous.

If the Oline is better the QB will be better. Trevor has proven he can win games in the NFL and in a few cases play at a high level. I'm not that nervous with a healthy Trevor. Lynch is the unknown not being able to beat out TS possibly two years in a row and possibly set this franchise back unless one of the other QB does not outplay their 7th round statuses. Very few times has a playoff team drafted a QB in the 1st round and Lynch needs to be that guy.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, Alex Smith may come available next year if Mahomes continues to develop. ;)