• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Early prediction: Which QB starts Week 1?

Who will start QB week 1. Early prior to PS prediction

• Trevor Siemian

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Paxton Lynch

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • Someone else- Please state who.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just go with someone. Let them know they are the guy and move forward. We need to find out if QBOTF is on our team or not. I'd go with Lynch see what he has this year. We already have tape on Trevor. If Lynch sucks we will be in QB search in 18.

I know its tough with our D being in good shape.

Last edited:

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comments made recently by Elway and VJ both show that they want to strike first, hard, fast. To me that does not equate to Trevor methodically dumping the ball off on a wheel route twice each series.

I saw those comments too and they definitely appear to be a hint that Lynch would get the starting job. Still, if that was indeed a hint, it would be foolish to keep splitting snaps between the two players just to keep opponents guessing. There isn't really any value in keeping opponents guessing, really. The takeaway is we really shouldn't read too deeply into that comment. If they believed Lynch was the better QB to execute that mindset he'd be named the starter already.

The odd thing about their recent comments are the statements made by other coaches and players that state we will be running the ball unlike years past.

I don't necessarily think this is mutually exclusive with the quote above. I realize a commitment to running the ball generally conjures up thoughts of a ball control style offense but if I recall the Broncos won a pair of Super Bowls with a run first offense that fit the above description. The question is now do they have the pieces in the run game to be that kind of offense?

Not sure what that means either, other than a ton of coach speak is going on, and they all do it well.

But I just can't see us going too much longer with reps being divided between two guys who both desperately need more than they're getting.

I don't think there will be a starter named before week 3 of the preseason. I know it seems sub-optimal but it's a process and I think it's worth the tactical patience to make sure we get it right. I'm not worried about the QB race. Siemian didn't win the starting role until week 3 last year if I remember correctly, and I don't think one can accurately say it was his QB play that undermined the season. I think the team is in far better shape this year because at least now we have some guys with starting experience on the roster. It's not a lot but it's better than where the team was at this time last year. I think they can afford to give it a couple preseason looks before making the decision.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Paxton is really falling behind. Not good for us. I fear we may be looking for a new QB in 2018. Not good. Right now we appear to have a stop gap until we have a better option. Still a lot of time left and it's early but I really was hoping for a better sign.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elway sucks at drafting offense. That's irony

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Paxton is really falling behind. Not good for us. I fear we may be looking for a new QB in 2018. Not good. Right now we appear to have a stop gap until we have a better option. Still a lot of time left and it's early but I really was hoping for a better sign.

This next draft will not have no need for a QB what so ever DC . We are better than great at said spot . We are talking about who best to win now not 15 years from now .

We could start Lynch now but no need He is smart he needs to learn is all .

Even Trevor is having a hard time learning this new O .

Heck all could be fine with both of them by end of training camp people need to lighten up . we have yet to pay a preseason game .

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trevor knows the playbook but that is only half of it . He don't know how to engage the right play every time for the D he sees in front of him ..

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No huddle you got a lot to learn and you got to be rather quick

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This next draft will not have no need for a QB what so ever DC . We are better than great at said spot . We are talking about who best to win now not 15 years from now .

We could start Lynch now but no need He is smart he needs to learn is all .

Even Trevor is having a hard time learning this new O .

Heck all could be fine with both of them by end of training camp people need to lighten up . we have yet to pay a preseason game .

This has yet to be determined. Not saying we will need one or we won't. Neither you or myself know that as of now.

Early indication is not good though. But I am not one to give up this early on someone with talent. Wasn't excited about the pick and I haven't see anything to change my mind thus far. I hope I see it soon.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has yet to be determined. Not saying we will need one or we won't. Neither you or myself know that as of now.

Early indication is not good though. But I am not one to give up this early on someone with talent. Wasn't excited about the pick and I haven't see anything to change my mind thus far. I hope I see it soon.

That I know . You don't have to give up on a young QB like lynch . He is going to be great . we are talking 9 practices . With having to learn all the plays . then lining up and calling it to the D formations there is a call for what they are doing so that has to be damn hard even Trevor that knows all the play book is struggling with the D Formations at times and throwing into bad places

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe both QB's will be great .

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With FA, you don't really have time to wait for a young QB to develop. If Lynch doesn't start by year 3, I don't believe he will be with us once his contract is up. The situation isn't looking great currently in my eyes.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Use to be teams were patient with QB's, they could sit a year or two. ,Now if you take a QB in Round 1 unless you have Brett Favre in front of them it's an issue if they aren't ready to go by year two. I don't see Elway being patient with our QB situation either.. If it's broke. He will attempt to fix it. He isn't going to wait around 3 years before he makes his next move to get it right. If Paxton isn't starting this year and Siemian doesn't improve anymore you can bet your hind end we are in the QB market for next year. Don't kid yourself. We didn't re-sign these guys on D to have an average QB the next 3 years. The defense is already getting frustrated we are in a win now mood while we continue to build. Our team is set up fairly nice right now, but we need the offense to get right to make it all work.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

already happening

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good QB class when you think of it on paper.

Darnold
Allen
Rosen
Luke Falk (watch out for this guy, not your typical Leach QB, he is NFL legit and prepares himself very well)
Lamar Jackson (Ill find out more this year what I think of him as an NFL QB.
Nick Fitzgerald (see abov, we know both can run well and both looked pretty good passing last year. Ive never seen a QB improve more then Jackson did from his FR to SO year)
Mason Rudolph (My personal fav, doesn't mean he is my #1, but if we have an 8-8 season he might not be out of reach)
Jake Browning
Chase Litton

Funny enough Memphis has a nice QB prospect too in Riley Ferguson.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good QB class when you think of it on paper.

Darnold
Allen
Rosen
Luke Falk (watch out for this guy, not your typical Leach QB, he is NFL legit and prepares himself very well)
Lamar Jackson (Ill find out more this year what I think of him as an NFL QB.
Nick Fitzgerald (see abov, we know both can run well and both looked pretty good passing last year. Ive never seen a QB improve more then Jackson did from his FR to SO year)
Mason Rudolph (My personal fav, doesn't mean he is my #1, but if we have an 8-8 season he might not be out of reach)
Jake Browning
Chase Litton

Funny enough Memphis has a nice QB prospect too in Riley Ferguson.
Are any 6'6" or taller? That seems to be a Elway criteria. ;)

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch South Carolina QB Jake Bentley this year also. He is only SOPH so won't be draft eligible, but one to watch for the following year. Very high on this kid going into this year.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Siemian will start PS game 1
Lynch will start PS game 2.

Never a good sign when you have to do it that way to determine who starter will be. Means neither looks above the other. Call me nervous. I just wish one of the two would break above the other. I don't think this is a situation of both looking good either to where we have a controversy. It's more of an "oh crap" situation.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Siemian will start PS game 1
Lynch will start PS game 2.

Never a good sign when you have to do it that way to determine who starter will be. Means neither looks above the other. Call me nervous. I just wish one of the two would break above the other. I don't think this is a situation of both looking good either to where we have a controversy. It's more of an "oh crap" situation.

Great Post DC

Brand new offense doesn't help either its not helping growth of either QB in 17.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great Post DC

Brand new offense doesn't help either its not helping growth of either QB in 17.

I was just thinking today. If we even had a QB just a Chad Pennington like QB this team could win with an improved OL. Just give me a Chad Pennington at least. A healthy one.