• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Early prediction: Which QB starts Week 1?

Who will start QB week 1. Early prior to PS prediction

• Trevor Siemian

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Paxton Lynch

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • Someone else- Please state who.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes- and I do a feel a bit better about QB going into this year compared to last year. At least this year we have one QB with experience, another one who has a smidge of experience but has a year under his belt entering his 2nd camp and well Dirty Sanchez is nowhere near Dove Valley which makes me feel better compared to a year ago. ;)

Last year the situation almost seemed embarrassing going into camp.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just answer the friggin question... The question wasn't "What does the QB have to do to be successful", it was "who wins the starting job"...

:lol:
Well.....like you state in your next post, either has 50/50 shot to start. If you would of added that to poll, I would've picked that. :).

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the easy answer... That's the cowards way out of the question to the answer we are looking for. ;)

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
after today where is the chad Kelley option
Both QBs were back up quality at best more like 3rd string quality
Both threw pick 6s and lynch misses a wide open Saunders who was 3 yards behind the CB for an easy 40 yard TD
Defense dominated though CJ looked good

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both threw pick 6s and lynch misses a wide open Saunders who was 3 yards behind the CB for an easy 40 yard TD
One day does not a QB battle make.....

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was talking about this with one of my buddies at work the other day. Simeon starts in week 1. He is a "game manager" and that is exactly what this team (with a defensive minded coach and the number 1 defense in the league) needs. I understand Elway drafted Lynch, but we knew he would be a project and he will have about 10 weeks to overtake TS in practice and win the job. If he doesn't, we should have never drafted him, let alone traded up for him. I'm being generous giving him that long. Truth be told, Lynch should be starting this season, but he has to earn it. I know we're hearing how he has improved and this and that, but I don't put too much stock into that kind of talk at this time. What do you expect his teammates and coaches to say? "Paxton sucks"? Maybe on some dysfunctional franchise.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We aren't starting a rookie fresh off an ACL tear.

As much as I loved Chad Kelly in college.

P.S.- I know you were kidding.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was talking about this with one of my buddies at work the other day. Simeon starts in week 1. He is a "game manager" and that is exactly what this team (with a defensive minded coach and the number 1 defense in the league) needs. I understand Elway drafted Lynch, but we knew he would be a project and he will have about 10 weeks to overtake TS in practice and win the job. If he doesn't, we should have never drafted him, let alone traded up for him. I'm being generous giving him that long. Truth be told, Lynch should be starting this season, but he has to earn it. I know we're hearing how he has improved and this and that, but I don't put too much stock into that kind of talk at this time. What do you expect his teammates and coaches to say? "Paxton sucks"? Maybe on some dysfunctional franchise.

Game manager didn't work last year. Especially when that game manager is throwing INT's in the red zone. Elway is looking for more. Either Siemian has to improve or Paxton is gonna get the call or Paxton struggles in camp so we have no choice. One of the 3.

and yes, we all know the running game needs to improve for a QB to have success unless you're Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers which neither of these guys are.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fairness to the offense, yesterday they installed the check with me system at the goal line for the first time. So yeah, it's going to be worse than usual.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trevor is more ready to be starter but, with a limited ceiling. Paxton has higher ceiling but, not quite ready to take reins. I think we will be rotating starters this year again.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trevor is more ready to be starter but, with a limited ceiling. Paxton has higher ceiling but, not quite ready to take reins. I think we will be rotating starters this year again.

Thanks professor.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't get this mindset at all I guess...

1) This is based off last year and last year alone. This is based on the thought that neither QB can grow from one year to the next. Let's say Paxton has learned what it takes to be a professional QB and has spent the entire offseason getting ready. Let's say he has the playbook memorized and is good to go. How do you know he isn't ready?

2) The rotating QB's is about the worst case scenario in my opinion. You lose the locker room at that point. you divide them on who is the starter and with them having such different skill sets makes it a bit more challenging playcalling wise to keep things going throughout the year. Unless there is an injury or that QB is struggling so much they have no choice they need to stick with one of them.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the info I have so far on Paxton this offseason. He took the first week or two and spent time with his family. After that he worked with the same QB coach he has been working with on the playbook and working on his technique. So far I'm told his technique has been much improved over last year. He also paired up with a local high school team and would have the WR's work with him on routes.

So far this training camp he has been one of the first ones in the building and one of the last to leave. Teammates have been impressed with his understanding of the playbook clear back in OTA's.

Elway at the end of the season came up to him and laid out the plan of what it would take for him to become the starting QB. They had a nice talk and Paxton from what I understand really took it to heart and has worked very hard all offseason. He is not the same QB as last year I can tell you that.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1) This is based off last year and last year alone. This is based on the thought that neither QB can grow from one year to the next. Let's say Paxton has learned what it takes to be a professional QB and has spent the entire offseason getting ready. Let's say he has the playbook memorized and is good to go. How do you know he isn't ready?

2) The rotating QB's is about the worst case scenario in my opinion. You lose the locker room at that point. you divide them on who is the starter and with them having such different skill sets makes it a bit more challenging playcalling wise to keep things going throughout the year. Unless there is an injury or that QB is struggling so much they have no choice they need to stick with one of them.

I think you missed my point of my post. I was guessing on what I think is going to happen with QB's in 2017. I'm not saying either guy can't grow or get better in the future or by end of the season or beyond I'm talking right now. We have two young QB's in a brand new system it is going to take both a while to feel comfy with offense.

I hate rotating QB's too. At this point without seeing either guy play in real games anything is possible.

The professor LOL Mingo just wants QBOTF whoever it is to take over and take us to another ring.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you missed my point of my post. I was guessing on what I think is going to happen with QB's in 2017. I'm not saying either guy can't grow or get better in the future or by end of the season or beyond I'm talking right now. We have two young QB's in a brand new system it is going to take both a while to feel comfy with offense.

I hate rotating QB's too. At this point without seeing either guy play in real games anything is possible.

The professor LOL Mingo just wants QBOTF whoever it is to take over and take us to another ring.

I agree that neither right now are perfectly ready. They are both young but I don't think that means that neither will be starting caliber by week 1. I do think by week 1 people will be surprised by Paxton Lynch. He has some inconsistencies to his game but from what I have been told by people close to the situation they have been absolutely impressed by him. The defensive players have been telling coaches they are impressed and have told Vance Joseph they want him starting week 1. So to me if our defensive players are impressed then that usually means the guy is pretty good.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brian Billick was asked about Denver's Qb situation yesterday on Traing Camp live during Broncos live practice and he said..." Doesn't matter who wins job between TS and PL if Denver hasn't fixed OL/run game woes. Heard that somewhere before. Go figure.:)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brian Billick was asked about Denver's Qb situation yesterday on Traing Camp live during Broncos live practice and he said..." Doesn't matter who wins job between TS and PL if Denver hasn't fixed OL/run game woes. Heard that somewhere before. Go figure.:)

Well plenty have said this as it is obvious that without a run game most QB's in the league will struggle. So yes that is a given. If there is a run game that is decent which QB can succeed more is the big question?

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im kinda disappointed in Sieman who I thought would look better than he has.
Paxton looks like a 2nd year player but so does Trevor.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With Paxton it is his feet work .. if he is ready he might start some this year . earning a start at QB is damn hard With the starter from last year is on the team with a winning recorded