• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who are the Bears going to draft #1?

Who goes #1 for the Bears?

• Caleb Williams

Votes: 26 74.3%
  • Drake Maye

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jayden Daniels

• Marvin Harrison Jr

• Malik "Wouldn't You Be My" Nabers

• Other player

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Trick question, the Bears will trade away the pick.

Votes: 8 22.9%

• Total voters

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chicago Bears have the #1 overall pick. Who do you think the Bears are going to draft?

Here are the most talked about picks:

Quarterback - If the Bears go QB, they are likely going to trade Justin Fields for more draft capital. Caleb Williams, Drake Maye, and Jayden Daniels are all projected to go in the top five. At the moment, Williams is seen as the best prospect. But as we saw in the 2018 NFL Draft, Mayfield wasn't expected to go #1 overall. It was Sam Darnold.

Wide Receiver - If the Bears decide to stick with Fields, they are likely to go wide receiver to give him more weapons to enhance his development. Marvin Harrison Jr and Malik Nabers are seen as the best of the crop.

On the defensive side, we do not have a Chase Young or Myles Garrett type guy seen as #1.

If you want to learn more about the five prospects above, you can click on my QB and WR threads.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only a person who hates being employed as a general manager for an NFL team would do anything other than select Williams #1 overall.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only a person who hates being employed as a general manager for an NFL team would do anything other than select Williams #1 overall.
No way Ryan Poles goes down without getting his guy at QB. It will be Caleb for sure barring something unforeseen.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The real question is who ends up with Fields and what is the Bears' return? They have to be targeting a 2nd rounder to replace that pick used on Sweat, maybe more. They will need some competition to push up that value. Whomever it is will need to be sold on extending Fields (or at least picking up that 5th year option).

The Raiders would seem to be out due to their OC hire. Not sure Fields fits the Rams model that Zac Robinson and Raheem Morris may be looking for in Atlanta. Redskins and Patriots are in position to get their QBs on rookie contracts. Fields doesn't seem like a Payton guy (and they are already tied up with a lot of dead money for Wilson). Would they trade him in division to the Vikings? Steelers maybe?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure. All we really know for sure is that he’s gonna be sad when it happens and it’s gonna be the first step in his ultimate failure in the NFL. Drafted by the Bears = NFL Leprosy

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a slam dunk. No one wants to be the guy who passed on Caleb Willams if he even comes close to living up to the hype.

Chicago is drafting Williams, unless someone just throws an incredible offer at them that they can't refuse (I'm talking 3-4 first round picks and several 2nd and 3rd round picks).

I'm just wondering what they will do with Fields. Do they dump him before the draft, during the draft, or hold onto him in hopes that someone gets desperate during the season due to an injury?

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a slam dunk. No one wants to be the guy who passed on Caleb Willams if he even comes close to living up to the hype.

Chicago is drafting Williams, unless someone just throws an incredible offer at them that they can't refuse (I'm talking 3-4 first round picks and several 2nd and 3rd round picks).

I'm just wondering what they will do with Fields. Do they dump him before the draft, during the draft, or hold onto him in hopes that someone gets desperate during the season due to an injury?
OR may they do. Williams is demanding part ownership. Are the Bears wiling to fulfill Williams' high demand or are we going to see another JaMarcus Russell situation, where the "can't miss #1 overall pick" sits out of games because the money isn't there.

There's no denying the talent. He has tremendous upside. But the fumbles do concern me a lot.

If he gets selected by Bears, is there a system in place to groom him properly? Mahomes and Love were drafted by quality programs and understanding the virtual of the waiting game.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The real question is who ends up with Fields and what is the Bears' return? They have to be targeting a 2nd rounder to replace that pick used on Sweat, maybe more. They will need some competition to push up that value. Whomever it is will need to be sold on extending Fields (or at least picking up that 5th year option).

The Raiders would seem to be out due to their OC hire. Not sure Fields fits the Rams model that Zac Robinson and Raheem Morris may be looking for in Atlanta. Redskins and Patriots are in position to get their QBs on rookie contracts. Fields doesn't seem like a Payton guy (and they are already tied up with a lot of dead money for Wilson). Would they trade him in division to the Vikings? Steelers maybe?
I can't tell if the Raiders hire means they want nothing to do with Fields or they are going to get Fields. For me, the only 2 teams that make sense are the Steelers and Raiders. That, or the Patriots if they hate this QB class.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OR may they do. Williams is demanding part ownership. Are the Bears wiling to fulfill Williams' high demand or are we going to see another JaMarcus Russell situation, where the "can't miss #1 overall pick" sits out of games because the money isn't there.

There's no denying the talent. He has tremendous upside. But the fumbles do concern me a lot.

If he gets selected by Bears, is there a system in place to groom him properly? Mahomes and Love were drafted by quality programs and understanding the virtual of the waiting game.

Yeah that isnt true. That is just a stupid click bait rumor.

He has an agent. The agent will know what he can and cannot get as the #1 overall pick. And obviously ownership isnt even on the table (or could it be).

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have to take Williams - he’s one of the best QB prospects in recent memory. Fields is pretty much a bust IMO, so trading down would be a big mistake, and Williams is the best QB in this class.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure. All we really know for sure is that he’s gonna be sad when it happens and it’s gonna be the first step in his ultimate failure in the NFL. Drafted by the Bears = NFL Leprosy
Maybe… if the logo didn’t say Bears I don’t think it’s such a bad landing spot though. DJ Moore + another WR via the draft is a solid start. A good chunk of that offense sucking is QB related.

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that isnt true. That is just a stupid click bait rumor.

He has an agent. The agent will know what he can and cannot get as the #1 overall pick. And obviously ownership isnt even on the table (or could it be).
So here's the story: Mike Florio reported that he wants ownership rights. However, it is not going to happen, because it against the rules by the NFL.

It is not necessarily "click bait". It is a question about feasibility.

So it appears that Williams will demand a larger than normal rookie contract.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't tell if the Raiders hire means they want nothing to do with Fields or they are going to get Fields. For me, the only 2 teams that make sense are the Steelers and Raiders. That, or the Patriots if they hate this QB class.

He got fired after working with Fields, so I would lean they don't want him. However, it's the Raiders. Who knows?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So here's the story: Mike Florio reported that he wants ownership rights. However, it is not going to happen, because it against the rules by the NFL.

It is not necessarily "click bait". It is a question about feasibility.

So it appears that Williams will demand a larger than normal rookie contract.

Directly from that article:

Broadly, it's really unlikely that the reigning Heisman Trophy winner genuinely believes that any team would give him equity, and probably sees the maneuver as some form of posturing and as a negotiation tactic.

He also can't get a larger than normal contract; contracts are slotted. 1st overall is just over $8M to start.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He got fired after working with Fields, so I would lean they don't want him. However, it's the Raiders. Who knows?
Maybe Pierce is a big fan/believer? I respect it. Just wonder if Adams would sign off on Fields? Feels like he’d nope out.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Pierce is a big fan/believer? I respect it. Just wonder if Adams would sign off on Fields? Feels like he’d nope out.

They could think new OC Getsy was held back by Fields' lack of development. Odd second choice behind Kingsbury.

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Directly from that article:

He also can't get a larger than normal contract; contracts are slotted. 1st overall is just over $8M to start.
Are you saying that these reports are false or that Williams is making unrealistic demands? I agree that these are preposterous demands. The changes were made because a lot of high "can't miss" prospects were bombing in the NFL, and were being paid based on potential. JaMarcus Russell was one of those examples.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its hard to get a feel on the Raiders because they might be picking between something like Bo Nix and Justin Fields. Not exactly plan A for most GMs

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you saying that these reports are false or that Williams is making unrealistic demands? I agree that these are preposterous demands. The changes were made because a lot of high "can't miss" prospects were bombing in the NFL, and were being paid based on potential. JaMarcus Russell was one of those examples.

If he has an agent, he knows what the league rules are. Salary is predetermined, ownership isn't allowed, etc. The reports are either false, he's an idiot, or he (or whomever is releasing these statements) is trolling.