• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who are the Bears going to draft #1?

Who goes #1 for the Bears?

• Caleb Williams

Votes: 26 74.3%
  • Drake Maye

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jayden Daniels

• Marvin Harrison Jr

• Malik "Wouldn't You Be My" Nabers

• Other player

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Trick question, the Bears will trade away the pick.

Votes: 8 22.9%

• Total voters

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's Williams, for sure. Fields isn't the answer and while I'd be OKAY with Seattle giving up like a 5th for him, I don't think he'll ever be a starter. He's a runningback playing quarterback. He has one of the worst pass success rates throwing in a tight window. Basically if someone isn't WIDE THE FUCK open, it's not happening. You have to be able to throw in a tight window in the NFL as a QB.

And you got Kmet, you got Moore... it's a deep WR and OL class...

Williams, best OT on the board with #9... and snag a WR in the 3rd frame with some later DL/EDGE in the 4th.

Here, done and done:

View attachment 355490
So you are saying Peter King is a liar and getting bad information....I think I trust him more than you but it does seem crazy. But I bet they could get the most insane package

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems crazy to me but even crazier would be a team willing to do a Carolina Panthers type of trade up. It would almost have to be a trade to Washington or New England imo.
I don't think anything is crazy if a team thinks he can be their savior and the best QB prospect since Luck. Even if Chicago is trading down a couple spots they should still get a ridiculous package. Not sure they would get a DJ Moore type of player included unless they were to trade with Atlanta or something, which seems unlikely.

I think it is crazy Chicago wouldn't draft Caleb.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are saying Peter King is a liar and getting bad information....I think I trust him more than you but it does seem crazy. But I bet they could get the most insane package

Well if the Pats or Commanders move up they're probably going to have to surrender another 1st... if someone like the Titans or Giants move up then it's going to be 3 1sts and probably throwing in Jones for the Giants or another 2nd/3rd for the Titans...

And Peter King is a moron and most of what he posts is trash. He posts attention grabbing shit, so that's something... but it's still trash. Him saying the Bears are going to 'trade down' as part of his 'inside knowledge' should be taken with no credibility whatsoever and probably confirms that that Bears will actually take Williams. I'm not saying he's a liar, not sure where you came up with that conclusion, but I'm saying his football opinions are shit.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems crazy to me but even crazier would be a team willing to do a Carolina Panthers type of trade up. It would almost have to be a trade to Washington or New England imo.

If they don't want Caleb, a trade down with Washington could be quite fruitful and they could get Maye/Daniels (or take MH3) and maintain extra draft capital next year should they need it for a QB pursuit.

Hell, they could trade down with Washington, then trade down again with the Pats/Giants/Falcons and really get a haul and likely still get a top 3 WR (or Bowers, who possibly should be considered a weapon instead of just a TE). Cost to Washington could be #2, 2024 2nd, 2025 1st. Cost for Giants or Falcons to trade up could be 2024 1st, 2024 2nd, 2025 1st, 2025 2nd or something of that nature (maybe slightly less if trading to #2 after the Bears suggested trade down with Washington).

The only outcome that really seems like a waste is taking Harrison at #1. I still think they should take Caleb, but it's not my call lol.

Last edited:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if the Pats or Commanders move up they're probably going to have to surrender another 1st... if someone like the Titans or Giants move up then it's going to be 3 1sts and probably throwing in Jones for the Giants or another 2nd/3rd for the Titans...

And Peter King is a moron and most of what he posts is trash. He posts attention grabbing shit, so that's something... but it's still trash. Him saying the Bears are going to 'trade down' as part of his 'inside knowledge' should be taken with no credibility whatsoever and probably confirms that that Bears will actually take Williams. I'm not saying he's a liar, not sure where you came up with that conclusion, but I'm saying his football opinions are shit.

Yeah, he noted he had no knowledge on the matter, just continuing the discussion.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This seems crazy to me to think they would trade this pick with all the talk about how many say that Caleb Williams is one of the best prospects coming out of college the past 10 years or so.

Although, if the Bears feel like they need to give Fields another year, the amount of draft picks they would get in exchange for the #1 pick might be amazing. Or they feel good about Drake Maye, trade back, trade Fields, collect all the picks, and try to build around him.

Also, I wonder if they are just leaking this so they start a bidding war to see exactly what they could get. It would also put some pressure on Williams too as he would not know exactly where he would be landing until a trade is finalized. It doesn't hurt to know exactly what your pick could get in return if teams really thought it was available.

Gotta love all the drama of the NFL! This is what really makes draft night such a big event!

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe Chicago does not like Caleb. Could be worth it. Maybe this is why King thinks they trade that pick

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anything is crazy if a team thinks he can be their savior and the best QB prospect since Luck. Even if Chicago is trading down a couple spots they should still get a ridiculous package. Not sure they would get a DJ Moore type of player included unless they were to trade with Atlanta or something, which seems unlikely.

I think it is crazy Chicago wouldn't draft Caleb.
I could be wrong but I dont really see many teams in a position to offer a crazy package to move up.

There is a 'script' that the league could follow thats a path of least resistance that ignores scouting. Caleb could end up in Washington which IIRC is his hometown. Justin Fields could end up getting Marvin Harrison Jr in Chicago. New England can get the big white QB in Maye. Raiders can trade up for Jayden Daniels as a I believe there is a big connection there. Everyone walks away happy.

Its just that Justin Fields isnt a franchise QB.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think so too, BUT, Atlanta's ownership seems desperate.
Could pay off even if you have to give up 2 future 1st's. Atlanta has cap space and pieces on offense for Caleb to succeed from day 1

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's Williams, for sure. Fields isn't the answer and while I'd be OKAY with Seattle giving up like a 5th for him (that means I'd be happy trading a 7th for him), I don't think he'll ever be a starter. He's a runningback playing quarterback. He has one of the worst pass success rates throwing in a tight window. Basically if someone isn't WIDE THE FUCK open, it's not happening. You have to be able to throw in a tight window in the NFL as a QB.

And you got Kmet, you got Moore... it's a deep WR and OL class...

Williams, best OT on the board with #9... and snag a WR in the 3rd frame with some later DL/EDGE in the 4th.

Here, done and done:

View attachment 355490

I don't think a 5th gets it done. It will be a day 2 pick IMO, and likely a 2nd rounder.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could be wrong but I dont really see many teams in a position to offer a crazy package to move up.

There is a 'script' that the league could follow thats a path of least resistance that ignores scouting. Caleb could end up in Washington which IIRC is his hometown. Justin Fields could end up getting Marvin Harrison Jr in Chicago. New England can get the big white QB in Maye. Raiders can trade up for Jayden Daniels as a I believe there is a big connection there. Everyone walks away happy.

Its just that Justin Fields isnt a franchise QB.
Yeah could very well end up that way but it never seems to workout like we think lol.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think a 5th gets it done. It will be a day 2 pick IMO, and likely a 2nd rounder.
They can get a 2nd for Fields. At worst a 3rd. Depends on if it is early, mid or late 2nd

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could pay off even if you have to give up 2 future 1st's. Atlanta has cap space and pieces on offense for Caleb to succeed from day 1

Any upgrade from what they had last year will bear fruit, but getting Caleb would be huge IMO.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think so too, BUT, Atlanta's ownership seems desperate.
I'd have them pegged as the top landing spot for Kirk Cousins but I could see them going after a top rookie QB, too. Thats a team that is mostly built to win right now