• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Early prediction: Which QB starts Week 1?

Who will start QB week 1. Early prior to PS prediction

• Trevor Siemian

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Paxton Lynch

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • Someone else- Please state who.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we all know who I'm voting for. We are on day 2 of camp as I'm typing this and looking like Lynch is winning day 2. That isn't saying much but he won OTA's/Mini-Camp as well and has just looked more comfortable with what he is doing. Players have bragged about his playbook understanding especially compared to last year and I know he has worked his tail off during the down time. Not saying Siemian hasn't but I think we are seeing the combo of Lynch's athletic ability meet up with a guy who actually works hard.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went with Lynch. For no other reason - the Broncos need to find out what they have in Lynch. If Siemian started we still wouldn't know if Lynch could cut it - so answer the Lynch question first. Either Lynch goes out as the starter and improves every game showing his potential - or he bombs and Siemian goes out there. In the bombing scenario - the Broncos would have to figure if they could fix what's wrong with Lynch - or move on. What you don't want is to wait to find out near the end of his contact - which was the case with Oz.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went with Lynch. For no other reason - the Broncos need to find out what they have in Lynch. If Siemian started we still wouldn't know if Lynch could cut it - so answer the Lynch question first. Either Lynch goes out as the starter and improves every game showing his potential - or he bombs and Siemian goes out there. In the bombing scenario - the Broncos would have to figure if they could fix what's wrong with Lynch - or move on. What you don't want is to wait to find out near the end of his contact - which was the case with Oz.

Worst case scenario for the Broncos is to go 8-8 this upcoming season and still have no clue if any of these QB's are the long-term solution.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worst case scenario for the Broncos is to go 8-8 this upcoming season and still have no clue if any of these QB's are the long-term solution.

LOL - come on - we can go another three years or so debating the starting QB. We may just switch to Kelly and the Lynch - Siemian survivor.

I do agree that the above would be an awful scenario.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynch. It's time to see if is what Elway thought he was or if we have to move on. Elway doesn't strike me as patient with the QB position. I don't think you will see us wait on Lynch long for something pretty average next to him.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TS

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynch. We need to know what we've got in him.

Ask me this next year and I might just say Kelly.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something you guys are missing ...

We have a Rookie coach he will be putting in the starter . He will be going with TS . You guys are not thinking about a job you are thinking about years from now . there are 32 head Coaching jobs the Broncos should be coveted .

TS may not been flashy last year but what he did was good enough to win a SB . He took care of the football . He was not why we did not go to the SB .

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something you guys are missing ...

We have a Rookie coach he will be putting in the starter . He will be going with TS . You guys are not thinking about a job you are thinking about years from now . there are 32 head Coaching jobs the Broncos should be coveted .

TS may not been flashy last year but what he did was good enough to win a SB . He took care of the football . He was not why we did not go to the SB .
We also have a GM who appears to favor Lynch. I'm thinking that outranks what the rookie coach wants unless Lynch tanks explosively.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I picked lynch to start week 1. I actually expect rotating QB's this year.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me anyway, the poll should be " Will Denver have a solid run game ". I think either TS or Lynch, along with the D, can have success. Neither will matter much if that area isn't drastically improved.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me anyway, the poll should be " Will Denver have a solid run game ". I think either TS or Lynch, along with the D, can have success. Neither will matter much if that area isn't drastically improved.

You can go ahead and start a thread with that poll question.

Good run game or bad run game who starts at QB is the question. It's not like one is gonna start over the other if the run game is good or poor. The QB who looks the best is going to start.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can go ahead and start a thread with that poll question.

Good run game or bad run game who starts at QB is the question. It's not like one is gonna start over the other if the run game is good or poor. The QB who looks the best is going to start.
That was just my way of saying folks on here should be more concerned about a Qb's best friend ( run game ) than who takes wk 1 snap between the obviously close competition battle with these two. Doesn't really matter who wins wk 1 job if the run game isn't strong. Neither at this point shows any signs of carrying this team to playoff berth without it. Just saying DC :)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was just my way of saying folks on here should be more concerned about a Qb's best friend ( run game ) than who takes wk 1 snap between the obviously close competition battle with these two. Doesn't really matter who wins wk 1 job if the run game isn't strong. Neither at this point shows any signs of carrying this team to playoff berth without it. Just saying DC :)

You are correct for this season to be a success or for either QB to have a chance at success the run game has to happen. This is still an important conversation though. If Siemian beats out Lynch once again it doesn't exactly prove he is a bust as many thought it would take him 2 years to be prepared but it also then brings up a bunch of questions heading into next year...Siemian then would be on the final year of his deal so do they need to pay him and make him the long-term solution? If he only plays average then again we go into next offseason with the QB position completely unanswered and once again the QB battle plus the question of do the Broncos need to use a high draft pick on another QB? So who starts matters for the now and the future.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just answer the friggin question... The question wasn't "What does the QB have to do to be successful", it was "who wins the starting job"...

:lol:

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We also have a GM who appears to favor Lynch. I'm thinking that outranks what the rookie coach wants unless Lynch tanks explosively.

Well that would be a shame to throw away a season and then fire the rookie coach but I don't like him so i would not mind all that much ..

But if that kind of shit goes on much don't look for many Coaches with any good resmays to look our after telling Coaches who he has to start .

and no players worth thier salt will come either and I would not blame them .. You earn your job or you sit your ass on the bench

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also I want Lynch to be our starter but not this year .l think he is going to fantastic but if we are win now ..

TS

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want whoever gives us the best chance to win to be the starter. I can't tell you if that is Lynch or Siemian because I am not at practice to see the development every day. But my money is on Lynch. But I am only willing to bet 1 penny and a half a bag of black licorice because it is really 50/50, but I do think Elway wants Lynch to get every chance to start this year. Siemian is gonn have to play a bit better to win the job. If it's close Lynch gets the call.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want whoever gives us the best chance to win to be the starter. I can't tell you if that is Lynch or Siemian because I am not at practice to see the development every day. But my money is on Lynch. But I am only willing to bet 1 penny and a half a bag of black licorice because it is really 50/50, but I do think Elway wants Lynch to get every chance to start this year. Siemian is gonn have to play a bit better to win the job. If it's close Lynch gets the call.

At this point I don't think we can say one QB gives us a better chance over the other. No one knows what type of growth Paxton can have from year 1 to year 2 and nobody can say definitively that Siemian can't take another step as well. I think so many people get hung up on last year and what happened (myself included at times). This is a brand new offense very different from the Kubiak group and how they ran things. Brand new OL with what is looking like 4 new starters. And of course the RB's are actually some what healthy compared to last year.