• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Early prediction: Which QB starts Week 1?

Who will start QB week 1. Early prior to PS prediction

• Trevor Siemian

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Paxton Lynch

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • Someone else- Please state who.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Paxton is a 3 year project like some scouts said last year at draft time, is it OK to have a another QB competition again next year?

This to me is maybe the best question I have seen on this board. That is a huge question. Great QB class coming up in this next draft so can you afford to miss out on one of those in the hopes that Paxton finally had something click? At the same time knowing he was a project QB can you give up on him so early? Understand I'm not trying to compare the two but we have seen teams in the past give up on a QB way too soon. The Bucs with Steve Young. After 2 years people deemed him a bust and he was traded to the 49ers. He was a bit of a project QB but got with a team that believed in him and boom great things happened obviously. Again not comparing Lynch to him just to understand there are lots of times in this league that we want instant gratification and when it doesn't happen we want to move on. At the same time having this same conversation next offseason with Chad Kelly thrown into the mix doesn't sound great either.

It is part of the reason I would like to see Paxton play this year. If the QB battle is close I think you have to see what you have in him. I think the coaches have a pretty good idea what Siemian is.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really depends on how Paxton develops this year. If he doesn't and he's the best we have going into next year then clearly there will be another QB battle next year.

If he develops this year and we trust him then he's got the job for next year.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really depends on how Paxton develops this year. If he doesn't and he's the best we have going into next year then clearly there will be another QB battle next year.

If he develops this year and we trust him then he's got the job for next year.

To dive in further, what does "best we have " mean to you?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meaning he doesn't impress and we haven't brought anyone else in before then.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard Lynch had great practice with the ones today !

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Someone else" option is looking good right about now.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Someone else" option is looking good right about now.
Elway should look to get his QBs from FA or the NBA development league since he likes them tall.
Remember the first ever quote from VJ about Lynch " Paxton is tall". They still play that drop every day here on the radio. whenever discussing Lynch's ability to play QB.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Troy Renck reported today that he asked several Bronco vets about the QB situation and there was a clear indication the vets want Siemian and it isn't even close. He thinks they have no choice at this point in talking to the players, that it would be a big issue in the locker room if Lynch was to start at this point. Players claim it isn't even close.

It's early, but the Paxton Lynch pick is not looking good at all right now. Elway won't be patient at QB.... My magic 8 ball gives me a very early indication that QB will be #1 priority again next year.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree - give the reps to Siemian and let's get this season started. I can see scenarios where the Broncos don't need a high pick QB next year.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The beauty of McCoy is that he can tailor to anyone; tailor to Trev's desire for crosses and the short game, and have him look deep a couple times a game to keep them honest.

At this point, he's really all we have. Lynch looked putrid.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt that Siemian is going to get the nod in week 1. Also no doubt that Paxton Lynch will play at some point this season when Trevor goes down. We're going to be a two-headed QB monster for awhile, I guess. The key word is monster and not in the good sense.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trevor is expected to be announced as starter prior to game 3 of the PS. Perhaps as early as today. People in Denver already using the B word when describing the draft selection of Paxton Lynch.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trevor is expected to be announced as starter prior to game 3 of the PS. Perhaps as early as today. People in Denver already using the B word when describing the draft selection of Paxton Lynch.
" Holy Total Eclipse " Batman ! Didn't need special glasses to see that one. ;)