• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Early prediction: Which QB starts Week 1?

Who will start QB week 1. Early prior to PS prediction

• Trevor Siemian

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Paxton Lynch

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • Someone else- Please state who.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It may come down to ball placement which will favor Trevor

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brian Billick was asked about Denver's Qb situation yesterday on Traing Camp live during Broncos live practice and he said..." Doesn't matter who wins job between TS and PL if Denver hasn't fixed OL/run game woes. Heard that somewhere before. Go figure.:)

Billick has always been a douche; if you don't subscribe to his formula for winning, it was sheer dumb luck in his eyes. He used to rant and rave about Tebow and the passing game, then he would rant and rave about our lack of a run game under Manning.

We do need improvement along the Oline and in the running game, but using him as proof is hilarious at best.

(no dig at you Randy, as you (and others) have been saying this all along.)

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No worries if we have a weak link on the OL this year. We will equip him with tasers all our problems are solved.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
348 599 58.1 3,270 5.46 21 12 76.0 QBR

289 486 59.5 3401 7.00 18 10 84.6 QBR

1st year stats of two players.
One played with a 5th degree should separation the other did not. One just signed a $125MM contract the other plays for your Denver Broncos.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paxton Lynch is struggling mightily today. Passes errant, and when they're on target, being knocked away by quick-handed DBs.

— Andrew Mason (@MaseDenver) August 4, 2017

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TJ Ward leaving practice walking gingerly

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paxton Lynch is struggling mightily today. Passes errant, and when they're on target, being knocked away by quick-handed DBs.

— Andrew Mason (@MaseDenver) August 4, 2017

After this went on a stretch of throwing 4 straight TD's. Then threw an interception followed once again by another TD. This is what you get with Paxton. Greatness followed by some dumb mistakes. Siemian won't really go out and win you the game but he won't make as many mistakes. Paxton could go out and win you some games but he can also be the reason you lose.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After this went on a stretch of throwing 4 straight TD's. Then threw an interception followed once again by another TD. This is what you get with Paxton. Greatness followed by some dumb mistakes. Siemian won't really go out and win you the game but he won't make as many mistakes. Paxton could go out and win you some games but he can also be the reason you lose.

Exactly - and the only way Paxton Lynch learns to improve his ability to make QB decisions -on the fly - is by taking reps - especially full contact reps. I'm encouraged by Lynch's performance in early camp. He is going for it. If he is able to show - that by the middle of pre-season he is maintaining an upward learning trend in decision making - he should start. Let him build his confidence. It is obvious that Lynch has brought his level of play and respect in the club house up several notches so far in camp. Good on him for that.

Remember also - that the Bronco defense - the QBs are going against are also working on various things for the new season. This means both QBs have to adjust to something new in every practice. Interesting that when the Broncos started with flag football type defense and offense the QBs ripped it up.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah also heard Trevor kicked butt in practice and Lynch struggled again today. The comments " gaining separation "
was topic of day at training camp in favor of Siemian per Legwold and Palmer. :)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah also heard Trevor kicked butt in practice and Lynch struggled again today. The comments " gaining separation "
was topic of day at training camp in favor of Siemian per Legwold and Palmer. :)

Well anything I could actually tell you of what is happening you are just going to dismiss as me making things up so just figure no reason to get into that disagreement again. Others on here if you would like to know what the coaches are actually saying of the situation instead of the media there is plenty of info right now.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well anything I could actually tell you of what is happening you are just going to dismiss as me making things up so just figure no reason to get into that disagreement again. Others on here if you would like to know what the coaches are actually saying of the situation instead of the media there is plenty of info right now.
Why the hell would I trust people from the media who are actually at the practices, than you Cd ?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why the hell would I trust people from the media who are actually at the practices, than you Cd ?

Well let's see Bill Belichick just called out the media a couple of days ago for having no clue what they are viewing and commenting on. So sorry I don't trust your media people over Bill Belichick.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has been a few years but think back to when Manning was in training camp. He would talk about how it was his time to experiment with plays and see what could work and what failed miserably. It is why he would throw multiple interceptions every single day becaues he was pressing the ball into spots he wouldn't normally in a game.

So let's say the coaches go to Paxton and say "hey on this drill we want you to try this type of pass over the middle and see what happens." Let's say it is picked off. Is that a bad play for Paxton if he did exactly what the coaches asked of him? Or let's reverse that and say they tell Siemian to do the same thing and instead of pushing it into that tight window he instead decides to just hit the check down receiver. Is that a bad play for him when he completed the pass? The coaches have a goal in mind with each drill they do. Some of them it is to put them in real game situations and let them go and run the offense. Other times it is to press the issue and see what happens. To the media watching practice all they see is that Siemian completed a pass and Paxton threw an interception. To the coaches they see one guy that tried what they were asking of him and a QB that just continues to be too afraid to actually push the football and try new things.

Now again you can believe if you want or not. I'm told that is exactly what has been happening. Coaches are not happy with some of Siemian's work because he refuses to do what they are asking of him. He continues to hit the easy dump off pass which tells the coaches nothing other than he can hit the easy throw. They already knew that about him. Paxton on the other hand has done what they have asked of him and are pleased with his development.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well let's see Bill Belichick just called out the media a couple of days ago for having no clue what they are viewing and commenting on. So sorry I don't trust your media people over Bill Belichick.
Yeah ? Regarding what ? Maybe you can send that link from Bill so we can ck it out . Does it even pertain to Dnver ? " My
It has been a few years but think back to when Manning was in training camp. He would talk about how it was his time to experiment with plays and see what could work and what failed miserably. It is why he would throw multiple interceptions every single day becaues he was pressing the ball into spots he wouldn't normally in a game.

So let's say the coaches go to Paxton and say "hey on this drill we want you to try this type of pass over the middle and see what happens." Let's say it is picked off. Is that a bad play for Paxton if he did exactly what the coaches asked of him? Or let's reverse that and say they tell Siemian to do the same thing and instead of pushing it into that tight window he instead decides to just hit the check down receiver. Is that a bad play for him when he completed the pass? The coaches have a goal in mind with each drill they do. Some of them it is to put them in real game situations and let them go and run the offense. Other times it is to press the issue and see what happens. To the media watching practice all they see is that Siemian completed a pass and Paxton threw an interception. To the coaches they see one guy that tried what they were asking of him and a QB that just continues to be too afraid to actually push the football and try new things.

Now again you can believe if you want or not. I'm told that is exactly what has been happening. Coaches are not happy with some of Siemian's work because he refuses to do what they are asking of him. He continues to hit the easy dump off pass which tells the coaches nothing other than he can hit the easy throw. They already knew that about him. Paxton on the other hand has done what they have asked of him and are pleased with his development.
I forgot about your sources, again. Sorry

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah ? Regarding what ? Maybe you can send that link from Bill so we can ck it out . Does it even pertain to Dnver ? " My

I forgot about your sources, again. Sorry

You can mock all you want. So far on these boards they have not been wrong. So either I am really lucky in guessing right or they actually exist.

Anyway here is the article of Belichick calling out the media for their "evaluating skills"

Bill Belichick not fan of media evaluations on first day of training camp

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus. Your embarrassing yourself a lot more than I ever could.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the worst part of this QB discussion is how divided fans have become. Some people care more about being right than they do about the performance of the team. If Siemian wins, there are some Lynch supporters who will find a reason to criticize him no matter how good he plays. The same will be of some Siemian supporters if Lynch wins the job: no matter how many TDs he throws, every INT will be a referendum on his WHOLE CAREER and potential as the Broncos QB for the future.

I'm on record as believing Siemian will win the job. I'm not changing that belief. I think he offers a certain level of performance that will be higher than last year's, assuming we have some improvement from the O-line as well. I think the team can win with him. I don't think he's as exciting as Lynch. With Lynch, the highs are higher and the lows are lower. With that said, if Lynch wins the job I'll be entirely behind him as the Broncos QB. I care far more about the name on the front of the jersey than the name on the back.

Incidentally if Siemian does win the job, my confidence in the week 1 game against the Chargers goes up quite a bit. With Siemian I think we'll get a 24-17 type game. With Lynch it can be a 45-17 type win or a 23-7 type loss. Like I said, the highs are higher and the lows are lower and I just really wouldn't know what to expect out of him. And that may be one of the reasons he may win the job: if the coaches believe the highs are higher they may determine he's the right man for the job. They are probably willing to bank on their ability to coach out those "lower lows" so you get the higher ceiling without the lower floor.

Whatever decision is made, I am confident we are in good hands. This isn't like other QB battles where if you have 2 you have none. That neither are breaking out doesn't mean neither are capable. It means it's hard to practice against one of the best defenses in the past 25+ years, especially for 2 young guns. 31 of 32 NFL defenses are not as good as the Broncos, some of them by a significant margin. The Broncos QB will be just fine.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comments made recently by Elway and VJ both show that they want to strike first, hard, fast. To me that does not equate to Trevor methodically dumping the ball off on a wheel route twice each series.

The odd thing about their recent comments are the statements made by other coaches and players that state we will be running the ball unlike years past.

Not sure what that means either, other than a ton of coach speak is going on, and they all do it well.

But I just can't see us going too much longer with reps being divided between two guys who both desperately need more than they're getting.