• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Browns @ Seahawks: Week 8

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle could've darkened the blue a bit more, changed the gray to a more silver, and it would've been fine.

Instead... we MS painted the darkest blue possible for the entire fuckin' uniform and then had a 5 year old with a fetish for Anime paint things neon green.

Whatever.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At first i thought, go throwbacks full time.

Then i sobered up and thought, lets just use them 3-4 times a year.

But after comparing them side by side, the throwbacks are just better in every way.

The blue is too dark on the current unis, the lime green needs to go away forever, and theres just too much noise with the patterns on the legs and the weird shoulder pad blue detailing.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At first i thought, go throwbacks full time.

Then i sobered up and thought, lets just use them 3-4 times a year.

But after comparing them side by side, the throwbacks are just better in every way.

The blue is too dark on the current unis, the lime green needs to go away forever, and theres just too much noise with the patterns on the legs and the weird shoulder pad blue detailing.
Agreed... Love the throwbacks - not a fan of our current uni's at all...

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would absolutely love to see them permanently go to the royal blue with apple green with a silver pant and helmet for home and just reversed for the road.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing the team absolutely has to burn and forget forever is that neon green color rush shit they wear for prime time games.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah those are hot trash.

I say throwbacks for primetime games.
At the very least, throwback thursday

Part of me thinks make them permanent, part of me thinks make it occasional so dont wear on me

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the very least, throwback thursday

Part of me thinks make them permanent, part of me thinks make it occasional so dont wear on me

Yeah I don't want them permanent. Then they become normal.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They all have better read and recognition skills than Geno though. Cousins is always in the top 10 people just like to pile on him. Stafford is still a good QB and the MAIN thing is This team is LOADED on the offense. Well minus the QB. The players we have on the offense could carry a lot of QB's in this league. Just got to limit the brain farts. Cousins, Stafford, Carr, Mayfield, Wilson, Levis, Dalton and Pickett would all do better than Geno with this massive talented offensive team. I have seen them all do better with MUCH less.
Cousins has had a loaded offense and I would say better when he had Dalvin Cook in his prime and threw more clunkers than one could remember. Stafford of 3yrs ago, sure I take him but that's not reality and reality is he's about done and it shows. Carr has had weapons but again he makes stupid ass mistakes just like Geno. Mayfield is laughable and a heavy no. RW is having a nice rebound year but that ship has sailed. Levis is an unknown after 1 game. Dalton is old and washed and Pickett sucks. I'm not saying Geno is our QoF and yes he does make some stupid decisions (see Carr) but at this moment he gives us the best chance. Changing QBs won't happen at this stage but maybe in the offseason the FO will look into it.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cousins has had a loaded offense and I would say better when he had Dalvin Cook in his prime and threw more clunkers than one could remember. Stafford of 3yrs ago, sure I take him but that's not reality and reality is he's about done and it shows. Carr has had weapons but again he makes stupid ass mistakes just like Geno. Mayfield is laughable and a heavy no. RW is having a nice rebound year but that ship has sailed. Levis is an unknown after 1 game. Dalton is old and washed and Pickett sucks. I'm not saying Geno is our QoF and yes he does make some stupid decisions (see Carr) but at this moment he gives us the best chance. Changing QBs won't happen at this stage but maybe in the offseason the FO will look into it.

Some? He makes a LOT of stupid decisions not just some. He throws into a crowed at least 5 times a game.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some? He makes a LOT of stupid decisions not just some. He throws into a crowed at least 5 times a game.

Stafford, Carr, and Mayfield don't?

Maybe we should replace Geno with Jameis Winston while we're at it.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford, Carr, and Mayfield don't?

Maybe we should replace Geno with Jameis Winston while we're at it.

I want you to look at a players ability to guide a team and read a defense. Geno CAN NOT read a defense. pull the blinders off.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want you to look at a players ability to guide a team and read a defense. Geno CAN NOT read a defense. pull the blinders off.

I want you to understand nobody thinks Geno is a HoF QB, but some of us don't believe in simply making a change for the sake of making a change when we're sitting in 1st place.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want you to understand nobody thinks Geno is a HoF QB, but some of us don't believe in simply making a change for the sake of making a change when we're sitting in 1st place.

So just because a team is carrying someone you dont think they can carry someone else? This team is 100% carrying Geno He has 4 sub par games even for a back up QB all ready this season and has 6 TO and 4 TD in the last 3 games and has had 1 good game, 1 average game. I'll take the wins but Geno is not the reason we are winning, he is the reason we are winning by very little. 100% could have lost the last game for us if the ball on a Pick six right in the CB hands doesn't go DOINK! like he tried to catch it with his feet or something.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So just because a team is carrying someone you dont think they can carry someone else? This team is 100% carrying Geno He has 4 sub par games even for a back up QB all ready this season and has 6 TO and 4 TD in the last 3 games and has had 1 good game, 1 average game. I'll take the wins but Geno is not the reason we are winning, he is the reason we are winning by very little. 100% could have lost the last game for us if the ball on a Pick six right in the CB hands doesn't go DOINK! like he tried to catch it with his feet or something.

No one is saying that Geno is the reason we are winning. No one is expecting Geno to be the reason we win.

What some of us find amusing is how you think that other players like Mayfield or Carr or Purdy would be notably better for the team. It's like you think that Geno is the only QB that throws bad footballs.

Then again, you thought that Drew Lock played well against the Giants.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one is saying that Geno is the reason we are winning. No one is expecting Geno to be the reason we win.

What some of us find amusing is how you think that other players like Mayfield or Carr or Purdy would be notably better for the team. It's like you think that Geno is the only QB that throws bad footballs.

Yeah, I was watching that Raiders game and Jimmy G looked dreadful... I can't believe there are people who still want Jimmy G over Geno...

Also watched J. Allen play last week and Mahomes this week and they were making bad throws as well that resulted in INT's... Now i'd definitely take those two over Geno without a 2nd thought but they make boneheaded plays as well...

First 3 drives against the Browns, our offense scores... Then they sputtered a bit against a great defense, resulting in Geno getting pooped on by our fan base but then he has a very good, game winning drive and no one gives him in any credit for that... It's just like fans want to only focus on the negative things for an above average QB...

My take is, if your expectations for Geno are already low and you view him as a below average QB, then when he plays bad, isn't he meeting your expectations? If someone is meeting your expectations, you shouldn't be complaining about that person meeting your expectations... If you're constantly complaining about him, that just tells me you have higher expectations of him...

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair to geno, the play calling wasn't great and they should have run the ball more. It was pretty effective all game.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I was watching that Raiders game and Jimmy G looked dreadful... I can't believe there are people who still want Jimmy G over Geno...

Also watched J. Allen play last week and Mahomes this week and they were making bad throws as well that resulted in INT's... Now i'd definitely take those two over Geno without a 2nd thought but they make boneheaded plays as well...

First 3 drives against the Browns, our offense scores... Then they sputtered a bit against a great defense, resulting in Geno getting pooped on by our fan base but then he has a very good, game winning drive and no one gives him in any credit for that... It's just like fans want to only focus on the negative things for an above average QB...

My take is, if your expectations for Geno are already low and you view him as a below average QB, then when he plays bad, isn't he meeting your expectations? If someone is meeting your expectations, you shouldn't be complaining about that person meeting your expectations... If you're constantly complaining about him, that just tells me you have higher expectations of him...

Every QB makes mistakes. And sometimes they pay the consequences for those errors. It's part of the game.

If a QB never gets picked off, that almost certainly means that they are playing too cautiously. CJ Stroud has 1 interception this season. That doesn't make him one of the best QBs in the NFL.

You have to look at their whole production, and not just the bad throws. Some folks only focus on the bad throws.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You are missing the point, they have UP SIDE! We are wasting time with Geno. He will NOT become better over night. We have a massively talented offense that can carry a younger QB and still win the games we are winning with Geno.

what is so HARD to understand? :L

The Older Vets i listed have had better careers and have PROVEN they are better than Geno over and over again as they HAVE been starters. Geno is BARELY starter quality. Most of this season he has not even been starter quality. The talking heads were saying " If he can't stop throwing Redzone INT's he is going to lose his job sooner rather than later" " He throws way to many high risk passes into a crowed" I agree 100%