• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Zeke Elliott Reportedly Holding Out of Training Camp

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fully disagree.

I've said this a few times. The Dallas run game was fine during Zekes suspension minus the 2 games T. Smith missed. If Dallas loses a OLmen or two I'll be worried.

I was talking about Dak not Zeek. My bad

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say this. Yes Zeke makes Dallas better, but him sitting out isn't the difference between a SB contender and bottom half of the league.

I'd like to have Zeke in Dallas for another 5 seasons, but not at a cap straining salary.

Maybe but it knocks Dallas out of SB contention

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t disagree with anything you’re saying but he is still risking a lot via catastrophic injury. These Lloyd’s of London coverages are evidently massively expensive and very hard to collect on.

College players buy these policies, Daks net worth is 2M I'm sure he can afford to protect his future for 19 more games.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cb...e-unregulated-world-of-player-protection/amp/

These days, you cannot typically purchase one without the other even if you wanted to. And when premiums run approximately $8,000 per $1 million of coverage, there's a lot of money going around even if the covered player finishes his career with no more than a hangnail.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to have Zeke in Dallas for another 5 seasons, but not at a cap straining salary.

When Suh was trying to get his extension early most Lions fans scoffed at the idea of paying him 13 million a season. Who knows what a top end RB will be making in a few years, but my guess is what he wants now will look like a bargain.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a Dallas thread so it's 7 hours old with 8 pages. Two Eagle fans are giddy as shit and a Cleveland fan has taken another opportunity to slam the Dallas QB

Good summary!

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a Dallas thread so it's 7 hours old with 8 pages. Two Eagle fans are giddy as shit and a Cleveland fan has taken another opportunity to slam the Dallas QB
Thanks. So this greatens the wentz mvp movement

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe but it knocks Dallas out of SB contention
I don't think it does. The roster as a whole looks pretty damn good. I don't think Zeek not playing isca death sentence.
Now lose one of Dak, T. Smith or Martin could derail the season.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me it seemed like Zeke was already going to be the odd man out when it came contract time.

I think there is a reason he said this privately and its because he's noy sure he's going to do it... or because he never said it at all. Wouldn't be the first time sports news talking heads reported something that was made up.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've literally laid out every major statistic for QBs across the board and he's average in almost every single one of them. It's hilarious you pissy Cowboys' fans keep saying I'm "cherry-picking" when I'm showing every relevant QB stat and then several in-depth qualitative ones. Sorry you didn't see the results you want. If anything, you guys are the ones cherry-picking by using team metrics to say it's all Dak (4th quarter comebacks, for example) to show how great he is.

No, Dak is not the main reason. That's absolutely ridiculous. Zeke and the OL have propped him up and he's going to cash in big time on it. Is he a good QB? Yep. Is he a $30M+ level QB in this day and age? Absolutely not, but that's what you're gonna make him, even if he comes out with another year of average-level stats compared to other QBs. Then we'll just hear more excuses about how bad his cast has been or how his offense holds him back or some other idiotic excuses you haven't thought up yet. Rinse and repeat.
You add nothing but being a cherry picking stat boy who doesn't watch games. So many words, so little information :L

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron Donald held out for 2 consecutive years. This is a nothing burger

Unless Zeke gets arrested or some shit again. Idle time could hurt him not being around the Boys

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can with the East without him?

:pound:
They were 3-3 without Zeke in games that they would have been 3-3 with him. This was after not being able to prepare for his absence and losing him midseason after weeks of distractions and uncertainties. If he is no longer on the team they will make sure he is replaced properly. They could sign a guy like Ajayi to be in a rotation and pair with the 3rd down back they drafted (if he pans out) or trade for a guy like Duke Johnson. Tyron Smith missed the first two losses and was injured during the 3rd. He came back and they won the next 3 without Zeke. If they have time to prepare and find an adequate replacement they will be fine. Will they be as good as with Zeke? Hell no, but good enough. it's the NFL and it's a team game. The fantasy Football mentality that most fans have nowadays is silly. Zeke is one of the Cowboys best players but there are a minimum of 5 guys i take on the team before him when it comes to winning or losing games. He is probably only the 4th most important player on the Offense alone.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron Donald held out for 2 consecutive years. This is a nothing burger

Unless Zeke gets arrested or some shit again. Idle time could hurt him not being around the Boys
Zeke won't miss a game this year due to holding out. Next year or the year after? I don't know, but not this year

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Daks better off waiting, so this is a moot point.

How is it moot. With your money for insurance it would cost him half of his net worth. He can’t risk 100 million dollars. Shit, Rod Tidwells wife didn’t want him to risk a 16 million dollar contract. He is severely underpaid. If I’m his agent he isn’t touching a football field without a new deal and I think that’s totally fair and the Dallas management should agree.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I’m not giddy. I think Zeek should wait a year and Dak should be the one threatening to hold out. Just discussing and not giddy because they will both be taken care of. But this is a fast moving thread but about a tenth the speed of a Wentz Eagles thread.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were 3-3 without Zeke in games that they would have been 3-3 with him. This was after not being able to prepare for his absence and losing him midseason after weeks of distractions and uncertainties. If he is no longer on the team they will make sure he is replaced properly. They could sign a guy like Ajayi to be in a rotation and pair with the 3rd down back they drafted (if he pans out) or trade for a guy like Duke Johnson. Tyron Smith missed the first two losses and was injured during the 3rd. He came back and they won the next 3 without Zeke. If they have time to prepare and find an adequate replacement they will be fine. Will they be as good as with Zeke? Hell no, but good enough. it's the NFL and it's a team game. The fantasy Football mentality that most fans have nowadays is silly. Zeke is one of the Cowboys best players but there are a minimum of 5 guys i take on the team before him when it comes to winning or losing games. He is probably only the 4th most important player on the Offense alone.
now dont go crushing peoples dreams with logic!