• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Zeke Elliott Reportedly Holding Out of Training Camp

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The power is shared thats what the CBA is. What Gordon and Zeke are doing is within the rules that the owners agreed to at some point they will be penalized for sitting out at that point they'll have to decide if sitting out to get their money early is worth the penalty.

Yep. But it seems like these guys are saying, “Fuck the CBA, fuck capitalism and democracy. Fuck the players. Take your money and shut the fuck up and don’t you dare complain. I think the owners should have all the power and you should do whatever they tell you to”

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
have you ever worked for a living? You sound pretty naive of the way of things.

How the fuck do I sound naive. I’m just not in awe of the super wealthy and not willing to say “Please fuck me in the ass cause you’re rich and better than me”.
I worked for over 30 years.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The employee looks after fellow employees. It’s the owner who looks after one person.
I’m a strong believer in workers have rights, that they have a voice, have a right to negotiate because that’s capitalism. It seems like you’re saying, “I’d rather have one super rich person dominate everything, shit on me if they want... because they are rich”.
I believe in both sides having power. We all know what happens when one person accumulates all the power.
Look at Walmart. 3 kids inherited 34 billion each and won’t give their workers health insurance. Fucking sick bastards.
LOL
you just compared min. wage workers to football players.
the workforce is never fair.
Some are worse than others, but to say the Football players are being mistreated on salaries is simply laughable. They are all overpaid.
They should take away some of that salary & put it towards their futre (health insurance/retirement) since so maany of them are stupid with their money. However the players have a voice & want their money now, so that is what they are getting.
With holdouts while under contract they are demanding their future money now, before earning it. which no one should cave in too.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. But it seems like these guys are saying, “Fuck the CBA, fuck capitalism and democracy. Fuck the players. Take your money and shut the fuck up and don’t you dare complain. I think the owners should have all the power and you should do whatever they tell you to”
LOL at always be all on one side or the other. You are literally comical.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL
you just compared min. wage workers to football players.
the workforce is never fair.
Some are worse than others, but to say the Football players are being mistreated on salaries is simply laughable. They are all overpaid.
They should take away some of that salary & put it towards their futre (health insurance/retirement) since so maany of them are stupid with their money. However the players have a voice & want their money now, so that is what they are getting.
With holdouts while under contract they are demanding their future money now, before earning it. which no one should cave in too.

They aren’t overpaid in a capitalistic country. They generated that shit.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How the fuck do I sound naive. I’m just not in awe of the super wealthy and not willing to say “Please fuck me in the ass cause you’re rich and better than me”.
I worked for over 30 years.
Mr. PE1 owns a small company. Doing business getting by. (Congrats BTW)

Employee Schmoopy1000 comes in Mr. PE1's office & says. I think we should be running the business this way. Mr. PE1 disagrees.

What do you think should happen from there?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm kinda on the Cowboys side of this. The reason why Zeke was drafted so high was because Dallas already built their trenches and it was a great spot for Zeke to get touches. He got $25 mil and will still be in a good spot to get a second contract. Thats like 6x what Leveon Bell was making before franchise tags IIRC.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mr. PE1 owns a small company. Doing business getting by. (Congrats BTW)

Employee Schmoopy1000 comes in Mr. PE1's office & says. I think we should be running the business this way. Mr. PE1 disagrees.

What do you think should happen from there?

Totally not what I’m saying. I’m saying an employee should be able to give the owner input but the owner still is in charge and has the final say. I’m more trying to say that hypothetically if the owner says, “New rule. Full time is now 60 hours but you still make what you made at 40 hours”. The employees have the right to all say, “No”.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally not what I’m saying. I’m saying an employee should be able to give the owner input but the owner still is in charge and has the final say. I’m more trying to say that hypothetically if the owner says, “New rule. Full time is now 60 hours but you still make what you made at 40 hours”. The employees have the right to all say, “No”.
Fairly certain that would be illegal. It also has no bearing on this conversation whatsoever. What a sensationalized pile of nonsense.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m saying an employee should be able to give the owner input but the owner still is in charge and has the final say.
they ask for more money while under contract. The owners have the right to say no. Correct?
You should be happy. NFL employees has a voice. Now that we got past this.
Moving on.....

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Full time is now 60 hours but you still make what you made at 40 hours”.
just so you know. An Employee doesnt have the right to give up their rights. What you claim is illegal & therefore an employee cant sign away those rights. If an owner tried to get an employee to sign such a thing it wouldnt be valid.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bet is Jerrah pays the man and the issue is all resolved before opening day. But this is probably giving Jerrah bad memories of the 90s when Emmitt held out and they went 0-2 before Jerrah brought in the Brinks truck way back in the day.

0-2 with a SB win. Sign me up.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they ask for more money while under contract. The owners have the right to say no. Correct?
You should be happy. NFL employees has a voice. Now that we got past this.
Moving on.....

Absolutely. The players can ask and the owners can say yes or no

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fairly certain that would be illegal. It also has no bearing on this conversation whatsoever. What a sensationalized pile of nonsense.

It is sensationalized nonsense. It was a hypothetical. What I was trying to say is it feels like some are saying, “Yes boss cause you are in complete control”

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just so you know. An Employee doesnt have the right to give up their rights. What you claim is illegal & therefore an employee cant sign away those rights. If an owner tried to get an employee to sign such a thing it wouldnt be valid.

It is illegal and a poor example. I’m just saying employees and owners should share power. I love how the NBA players took charge. The NBA is a more liberal league.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Highly compensated employees often sign contracts where they give up their rights(lunch-breaks, overtime. etc.)

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying I agree with Zeek totally but why should they play for what they signed. Owners always get rid of signed contracts and don’t honor them. Why should only the players honor the deal.
Because if they hold out for 11 or more games they are in the same situation as the year before as they don't get credit for play.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heck look at Connors.... Proves your point imo... However, without Zeke I don't really think the Cowboys are that good however

The run game while Zeke served his suspension didn't change much except for the games T. Smith missed. As long as the OL is intact another RB will be OK in Dallas.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because if they hold out for 11 or more games they are in the same situation as the year before as they don't get credit for play.

That is very true but his leverage is the season is ruined without him and he and his agent could exploit that. He’s criminally underpaid and deserves his guaranteed money before catastrophic injury.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Highly compensated employees often sign contracts where they give up their rights(lunch-breaks, overtime. etc.)
yeah his example is primarily for hourly workers.
Salaried workers has a different set of rules/laws.