• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Zeke Elliott Reportedly Holding Out of Training Camp

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More TD's means better?

rookie TD record holder is more prestigious than ROY award? that's cute.
Actually better in a lot more metrics than total TDs. He was also a rookie while Dak was a 3rd year.

There are ROYs every season, simply because there has to be. There's only one record-holder.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually better in a lot more metrics than total TDs. He was also a rookie while Dak was a 3rd year.

There are ROYs every season, simply because there has to be. There's only one record-holder.
Baker had less interceptions too, In less games

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
last 9 games of season (once Cooper got to town) Dak was 3rd in Cmp. pct 71% & 1st in 3rd down conversions. Not bad for an inferior QB wouldnt you say?

This adds to the argument that Dak needs weapons to do very well. Before the Cowboys got Cooper I remember seeing many suggesting that Dak may not be the QB of the future for the Cowboys and it may not be a bad idea to let him walk. Seeing what we see now if the Cowboys would have been smart they would have been able to sign Dak to an insanely cheap contract ($15-$20) of course hindsight being 20/20.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I brought up basically every major passing category but I was told I'm "cherry-picking". He's good at not turning the ball over, but when it comes to TDs, yards, YPA, QB rating, sacks taken, and then looking at more in-depth qualitative stats, he is very average. The funnier part is when they bring up his TD rushes without acknowledging the fact that the overwhelming majority of them are shorter goal-line TDs, which isn't that impressive.

The Cowboys are a run first team. Jason Garrett is one of the worst offensive minds in football. If you don't think that plays a part in Dak not having stats to your liking, then you're fucking stupid. Look at your own fucking team for proof. Baker Mayfield and Tyrod Taylor had pedestrian numbers with Hue Jackson, but when Kitchens took over things changed. And are you seriously trying to diminish Dak's ability to rush the ball? Are you really this fucking stupid? Since you love stats so much, look at the efficiency in which Dak runs the ball. Look at his EPA when he runs the ball. It's among the best in the entire NFL. Even better than a lot of RBs. He basically won a playoff game with his legs on a critical 3rd and long. To try to diminish his rushing ability is a fucking joke and shows you have an axe to grind.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This adds to the argument that Dak needs weapons to do very well. Before the Cowboys got Cooper I remember seeing many suggesting that Dak may not be the QB of the future for the Cowboys and it may not be a bad idea to let him walk. Seeing what we see now if the Cowboys would have been smart they would have been able to sign Dak to an insanely cheap contract ($15-$20) of course hindsight being 20/20.

Every QB needs weapons to do well, but more importantly, a smart offensive coach with good play designs. The latter is something Dallas clearly doesn't have.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd still say that should be the case. This is the first year he's going to have a bonafide #1 WR - and his best receiver group in general in 4 years most likely - to go with a top 2-3 overall RB in the NFL, the OL is healthy. There's a lot of talk about how the offensive style is holding him back, but if he's a genuine franchise QB, there's no reason not to utilize him to his extent this year, if his ceiling really is that high.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most QBs need weapons. As for a 15 to 20M contract that was never in play. Had they signed Dak pre Wilson they might have him signed for 25 to 27M.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cowboys are a run first team. Jason Garrett is one of the worst offensive minds in football. If you don't think that plays a part in Dak not having great stats, then you're fucking stupid. Look at your own fucking team for proof. Baker Mayfield and Tyrod Taylor had pedestrian numbers with Hue Jackson, but when Kitchens took over things changed. And are you seriously trying to diminish Dak's ability to rush the ball? Are you really this fucking stupid? Since you love stats so much, look at the efficiency in which Dak runs the ball. Look at his EPA when he runs the ball. It's among the best in the entire NFL. Even better than a lot of RBs. He basically won a playoff game with his legs on a critical 3rd and long. To try to diminish his rushing ability is a fucking joke and shows you have an axe to grind.
It actually shows that he's not a true franchise passer, rather a fantastic athlete playing the position. My point about his rushing was more about his TDs - namely that almost all of them were short runs that Zeke could've easily made himself. He had a 17 yard TD run last year, but his other 7 TD runs were an average of 2.8 yards each. He's an accurate passer on short, dink and dunk throws. However, he's bad on deep ball accuracy (33%, 20th in the NFL in 2018), and he's absolutely atrocious as a RZ passer (51.4%, 37th in the NFL), and this is all while having a low drop rate on his passes (22 starters dealt with more drops per game than Dak last year).

You can think that about Garrett if you want, but were they not a fantastic passing team with Tony Romo? From 2007 when he began coaching to 2014, Romo's last full season, the Cowboys' total offense average ranking was 8th in the NFL, and their passing offense was top 10 every year from 2007-2012. I'm not saying he's Don Coryell or Andy Reid, but he's far from being one of the worst offensive minds in the NFL.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every QB needs weapons to do well, but more importantly, a smart offensive coach with good play designs. The latter is something Dallas clearly doesn't have.

I can agree with that.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It actually shows that he's not a true franchise passer, rather a fantastic athlete playing the position. My point about his rushing was more about his TDs - namely that almost all of them were short runs that Zeke could've easily made himself. He had a 17 yard TD run last year, but his other 7 TD runs were an average of 2.8 yards each. He's an accurate passer on short, dink and dunk throws. However, he's bad on deep ball accuracy (33%, 20th in the NFL in 2018), and he's absolutely atrocious as a RZ passer (51.4%, 37th in the NFL), and this is all while having a low drop rate on his passes (22 starters dealt with more drops per game than Dak last year).

You can think that about Garrett if you want, but were they not a fantastic passing team with Tony Romo? From 2007 when he began coaching to 2014, Romo's last full season, the Cowboys' total offense average ranking was 8th in the NFL, and their passing offense was top 10 every year from 2007-2012. I'm not saying he's Don Coryell or Andy Reid, but he's far from being one of the worst offensive minds in the NFL.

LMFAO, "Zeke could have easily made himself?" Then why didn't he? Oh yeah, because the Cowboys always telegraph when they are gonna hand the ball off to Zeke. Just stop. You have no argument here in regards to his rushing TDs. Dak fights for all of his rushing TDs. Get the fuck outta here. Dak isn't a dink and dunk passer. The Cowboys passing attack is nowhere near dink and dunk. Do you watch them at all? Your stats are straight up shit and made up. Dak is well above league average in deep passing. I don't know where you got that bullshit stat from. I don't care about RZ passing when the Cowboys RZ offense was shit mainly because of Linehan.

And are you seriously bringing up Romo who was perennially a top 10 QB and better than Dak? That's silly right there. The Cowboys didn't run the ball a lot for a big bulk of Romo's career. They couldn't even get rushing TDs for several years in a row. They could only move the ball by passing. So it's not surprising they had a top 10 passing offense for a lot of years. This is why you can't judge shit by stats. The Tampa Bay Bucs just led the league in passing. I guess Fitzpatrick is great because look at his YPA last year. This is why using stats is dumb. The NFL is the one sport where stats absolutely do not matter. It's all about coaching and talent.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine sweeping under the rug the fact that he's good at not turning the ball over. That's a very big positive. Baker Mayfield isn't good at this. A lot of QBs aren't good at this. He had one abnormal season in sacks taken without his All Pro Center for a full season. I think he'll be okay there.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMFAO, "Zeke could have easily made himself?" Then why didn't he? Oh yeah, because the Cowboys always telegraph when they are gonna hand the ball off to Zeke. Just stop. You have no argument here in regards to his rushing TDs. Dak fights for all of his rushing TDs. Get the fuck outta here. Dak isn't a dink and dunk passer. The Cowboys passing attack is nowhere near dink and dunk. Do you watch them at all? Your stats are straight up shit and made up. Dak is well above league average in deep passing. I don't know where you got that bullshit stat from. I don't care about RZ passing when the Cowboys RZ offense was shit mainly because of Linehan.

And are you seriously bringing up Romo who was perennially a top 10 QB and better than Dak? That's silly right there. The Cowboys didn't run the ball a lot for a big bulk of Romo's career. They couldn't even get rushing TDs for several years in a row. They could only move the ball by passing. So it's not surprising they had a top 10 passing offense for a lot of years. This is why you can't judge shit by stats. The Tampa Bay Bucs just led the league in passing. I guess Fitzpatrick is great because look at his YPA last year. This is why using stats is dumb. The NFL is the one sport where stats absolutely do not matter. It's all about coaching and talent.
Holy hell, you've never even seen the guy play. That stat isn't "straight up shit and made up", it's a fucking simple percentage. It's black and white. That is some major league ignorant deflection you've got going on here. LOL at blaming a QB's poor RZ completion percentage on a coach. Always an excuse.

Yes, Romo was perennially a top 10 QB, which was why when Garrett had him they were able to pass the ball well. Even without a rushing offense (as you said), which would allow defenses to focus on stopping the pass, they weren't successful. THAT'S THE ENTIRE POINT. Dak is an average passer, he's far from being great.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cowboys are a run first team. Jason Garrett is one of the worst offensive minds in football. If you don't think that plays a part in Dak not having stats to your liking, then you're fucking stupid. Look at your own fucking team for proof. Baker Mayfield and Tyrod Taylor had pedestrian numbers with Hue Jackson, but when Kitchens took over things changed. And are you seriously trying to diminish Dak's ability to rush the ball? Are you really this fucking stupid? Since you love stats so much, look at the efficiency in which Dak runs the ball. Look at his EPA when he runs the ball. It's among the best in the entire NFL. Even better than a lot of RBs. He basically won a playoff game with his legs on a critical 3rd and long. To try to diminish his rushing ability is a fucking joke and shows you have an axe to grind.

Good luck with ATF you're gonna need it.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine sweeping under the rug the fact that he's good at not turning the ball over. That's a very big positive. Baker Mayfield isn't good at this. A lot of QBs aren't good at this. He had one abnormal season in sacks taken without his All Pro Center for a full season. I think he'll be okay there.
LOL he took the 2nd most sacks in football last year. Are you telling me all the other QBs with fewer sacks had All Pro centers? The excuse train continues. Even your fellow Cowboys' fans have said his indecisiveness played a part in all the sacks he took.

Shower Fart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didnt read the whole thread but I dont blame any RB for skipping camp or the preseason games, unless they have a history of conditioning problems.

Barry Sanders held out every year and was always ready to go 100% for game 1.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didnt read the whole thread but I dont blame any RB for skipping camp or the preseason games, unless they have a history of conditioning problems.

Barry Sanders held out every year and was always ready to go 100% for game 1.
If you're an established stud RB, there's 0 reason to risk injury. Just keep up your conditioning and come in week 1 and do your thing.