• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Zeke Elliott Reportedly Holding Out of Training Camp

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love these current Cowboy fans. They are convinced in their minds that Dak is a top 15 qb and he barely makes top 20. These are the same fans that booed the best qb they ever had until he retired.
I brought up basically every major passing category but I was told I'm "cherry-picking". He's good at not turning the ball over, but when it comes to TDs, yards, YPA, QB rating, sacks taken, and then looking at more in-depth qualitative stats, he is very average. The funnier part is when they bring up his TD rushes without acknowledging the fact that the overwhelming majority of them are shorter goal-line TDs, which isn't that impressive.

Shane_O_Mac812

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Luck, Wilson, Rivers, Mahomes, Mayfield, Roethlisberger, Watson, Foles, Wentz, Cousins, Stafford, Ryan, Newton, Goff, Garopalo are all better than Dak. I would even argue Jameis possibly.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Luck, Wilson, Rivers, Mahomes, Mayfield, Roethlisberger, Watson, Foles, Wentz, Cousins, Stafford, Ryan, Newton, Goff, Garopalo are all better than Dak. I would even argue Jameis possibly.
Jimmy G still has way too much to prove to put him over Dak, and Stafford is in decline. However, hard to argue with the rest of the list.

I've said on here that I would be really interested to see Jameis in an offense with a staff that actually knows how to utilize a QB. He finished very strong last year - 13 TD/4 INT over his final 7 games. He has the arm talent, he just needs a competent mentor to help him develop. I could see him having a big year this year under Arians.

Shane_O_Mac812

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy G still has way too much to prove to put him over Dak, and Stafford is in decline. However, hard to argue with the rest of the list.

I've said on here that I would be really interested to see Jameis in an offense with a staff that actually knows how to utilize a QB. He finished very strong last year - 13 TD/4 INT over his final 7 games. He has the arm talent, he just needs a competent mentor to help him develop. I could see him having a big year this year under Arians.
So adjusting the list just with your suggestions, remove Garopalo and Stafford and include Jameis, still puts Dak at around 18th. The Bottom Half. Not too mention the young fellas that could take a big step forward this year like Kyler, Darnold. He could be in the low 20s before this season is over. I resign Deke and move on from Dak if I'm Jerry Jones.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So adjusting the list just with your suggestions, remove Garopalo and Stafford and include Jameis, still puts Dak at around 18th. The Bottom Half. Not too mention the young fellas that could take a big step forward this year like Kyler, Darnold. He could be in the low 20s before this season is over. I resign Deke and move on from Dak if I'm Jerry Jones.
Part of the appeal of Dak has been the fact that he was a very low draft pick who came in and started right away. His rookie year was phenomenal, but he hasn't been able to even duplicate it, let alone improve on it. He has outplayed his draft position, but that appeal goes away if he signs a top-5 QB level contract and continues to put up lackluster passing numbers. I agree with you though - if he's asking for $35m, I'd happily pay Zeke and Cooper and let Dak test the waters.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I brought up basically every major passing category but I was told I'm "cherry-picking". He's good at not turning the ball over, but when it comes to TDs, yards, YPA, QB rating, sacks taken, and then looking at more in-depth qualitative stats, he is very average. The funnier part is when they bring up his TD rushes without acknowledging the fact that the overwhelming majority of them are shorter goal-line TDs, which isn't that impressive.
Still obsessed??? Is it not weird to you what an incredibly high % of your posts are about a team you pretend to care nothing about but obviously are really obsessed with? You just can't get out of your own way. First off no one says he is great. Half of Cowboy fans would rather not even sign him this offseason (including me). Secondly you are criticized because you don't know Football or watch games and you use stats for your arguments as if they are the be all end all. That's why you are criticized. Don't confuse it. The fact that you cherry pick stats are just the icing on the cake and expose your agenda. Things don't happen in a vacuum. You can't compare QBs in different situations. If you actually watched the games you would understand about different Offenses, but you don't and still fancy yourself an expert because the stats you find on the internet or in the morning paper give you your opinion.

TDs he has averaged 28 per year
Yards is partly a function of how much you throw and once he started throwing last year more he was on a 4,400 yard pace
YPA is low because of 2017 and the patterns and passes he throws. Is that more him choosing the safer WR or just a function of Linehan? We'll find out this year. But he probably threw 15 3rd and "very long" screen passes that were clearly the only option on the play.
Rating - this one is my favorite that you think helps you. His career rating is 96. That would put him at #9 all time amongst QBs with enough attempts if it holds up. All time.

Your comment about short rushing TDs is ridiculous. Most players rushing TDs are short but they count:noidea: I read something this offseason where he has one of the highest YPC inside the red zone of any NFL player. So that's just a stupid comment.

Want to talk instead about how the guys on NFL Radio this morning were killing Baker for all of his stupid comments including now taking shots at Giant Fans who are renowned as some of the best fans in the NFL? Kid needs a muzzle. tick tock.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still obsessed??? Is it not weird to you what an incredibly high % of your posts are about a team you pretend to care nothing about but obviously are really obsessed with? You just can't get out of your own way. First off no one says he is great. Half of Cowboy fans would rather not even sign him this offseason (including me). Secondly you are criticized because you don't know Football or watch games and you use stats for your arguments as if they are the be all end all. That's why you are criticized. Don't confuse it. The fact that you cherry pick stats are just the icing on the cake and expose your agenda. Things don't happen in a vacuum. You can't compare QBs in different situations. If you actually watched the games you would understand about different Offenses, but you don't and still fancy yourself an expert because the stats you find on the internet or in the morning paper give you your opinion.

TDs he has averaged 28 per year
Yards is partly a function of how much you throw and once he started throwing last year more he was on a 4,400 yard pace
YPA is low because of 2017 and the patterns and passes he throws. Is that more him choosing the safer WR or just a function of Linehan? We'll find out this year. But he probably threw 15 3rd and "very long" screen passes that were clearly the only option on the play.
Rating - this one is my favorite that you think helps you. His career rating is 96. That would put him at #9 all time amongst QBs with enough attempts if it holds up. All time.

Your comment about short rushing TDs is ridiculous. Most players rushing TDs are short but they count:noidea: I read something this offseason where he has one of the highest YPC inside the red zone of any NFL player. So that's just a stupid comment.

Want to talk instead about how the guys on NFL Radio this morning were killing Baker for all of his stupid comments including now taking shots at Giant Fans who are renowned as some of the best fans in the NFL? Kid needs a muzzle. tick tock.
Again, I haven't cherry-picked a single statistic.

Secondly, I don't have to watch every single game to know about a player. It's a weak argument by homers like you who get pissed that people don't praise their players. The stats speak for themselves. Your boy is a check-down champion.

Thirdly, the comment about short rushing TDs is incredibly relevant. You guys act like his rushing TDs push him into the next level of QBs, when in actuality it's way more important for a QB to be able to pass for TDs and also not take as many sacks. You have a RB who is capable of running in from 5 yards out, it's not an impressive stat for a QB to vulture those scores.

Couldn't care less what you think about Baker's comments. Also, trying to use "some of the best fans in the NFL" is the dumbest argument I've ever seen on here to try and prove a point. Tick tock? Do you actually have a point with that?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Check out what Zeke did inside the red zone last year and then Dak and get back to me on that. Not sure PFF has it so you may not know it

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can't say these guys are better than Dak. They may be though. Factoring age, I'll stick with Dak deserving 8-12 best QB money. That's not to say I think he is the 8-12 best QB in the league though.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, I was wrong. You just shown that yes you could be more wrong.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Check out what Zeke did inside the red zone last year and then Dak and get back to me on that. Not sure PFF has it so you may not know it
Cool. Check out Dak's Red Zone completion percentage. Sitting at 37th in the NFL. But you're right, he'd make a hell of a RB.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cross off Mayfield, Foles, Cousins, Stafford, Newton, Garopollo and Jameis from the list. Whatever number that leaves you at is probably about right. Rankings are so moronic and subjective though. Matt Ryan wasn't top 10 according to most, has a sick year and goes to 3 or 4 and then back out of the top 10. I guess it fills the offseason

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool. Check out Dak's Red Zone completion percentage. Sitting at 37th in the NFL. But you're right, he'd make a hell of a RB.
atta boy. Keep it up. I'll get you a poster

Shane_O_Mac812

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congratulations, you couldn't be more wrong
Let's take a look at the NFC side.
The locks are probably the Saints, Rams. I don't see any reason they don't win their division. Everywhere I've seen most experts have the Eagles winning the east. So that automatically puts you at fifth seed or lower. Let's say Packers or Bears win the North. That leaves possible wild card contenders with the Falcons, second place in North, Minnesota should still be viable. SF is getting their qb back, and never sleep on Russell Wilson. Just making the playoffs will be a chore in the NFC for Dallas. I respect you support your team but there comes a point where you sound like a homer.

Shane_O_Mac812

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cross off Mayfield, Foles, Cousins, Stafford, Newton, Garopollo and Jameis from the list. Whatever number that leaves you at is probably about right. Rankings are so moronic and subjective though. Matt Ryan wasn't top 10 according to most, has a sick year and goes to 3 or 4 and then back out of the top 10. I guess it fills the offseason
I might give you Garopalo or Jameis. But no way in hell I scratch off any of the others. Mayfield was possibly a top 15 qb in his rookie season alone and that was with not playing till week 3. Matt Ryan is a former MVP and been to a Super Bowl. Stafford stats speak for themselves. I might give you cousins. Newton is in the same boat as Matty Ice. And Foles is a Super Bowl champ and showed his value by once again stepping in last year for an injured Wentz and single handily getting them into the playoffs and winning a game in said playoffs.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might give you Garopalo or Jameis. But no way in hell I scratch off any of the others. Mayfield was possibly a top 15 qb in his rookie season alone and that was with not playing till week 3. Matt Ryan is a former MVP and been to a Super Bowl. Stafford stats speak for themselves. I might give you cousins. Newton is in the same boat as Matty Ice. And Foles is a Super Bowl champ and showed his value by once again stepping in last year for an injured Wentz and single handily getting them into the playoffs and winning a game in said playoffs.
At this point, I'd still take Dak over Stafford. He's become so inefficient.

Mayfield was a monster last year for a rookie. Easily ahead of Dak as a QB. Ryan and Newton, also obviously ahead.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say Ryan. I think Ryan is undervalued. But you can't use the SB thing or we end up in a Marino vs Dilfer discussion. Cam Newton is horrible and Foles is a marginal starter until proven differently. He has had his streaks but that may be what he is

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So no excuse for your QB's pathetic RZ comp%?
I don't make excuses. I've already laid out all the things Dak needs to improve on. You are the one with the agenda