• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WWE Battleground Thread

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wwe-battleground-2015-2_zps9w4hga92.jpg

Main Event
- Brock Lesnar vs Seth Rollins (WWE Championship)

Undercards
- John Cena vs Kevin Owens (US Championship)
- Randy Orton vs Sheamus
- Roman Reigns vs Bray Wyatt
- Primetime Players vs New Day (Tag Team Championship)

Preshow Match
- King Barrett vs R-Truth

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is the prediction Brock wins?

If so, what a waste of a PPV for have him win at.....I think this match should end dirty, Rollins escpaes with a win and spends the next month bragging how he is 2-0 against Lesnar (even though both wins were not clean) then Lesnar recaptures title at SummerSlam.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is the prediction Brock wins?

If so, what a waste of a PPV for have him win at.....I think this match should end dirty, Rollins escpaes with a win and spends the next month bragging how he is 2-0 against Lesnar (even though both wins were not clean) then Lesnar recaptures title at SummerSlam.

Battleground has usually been a throwaway PPV so I was surprised they booked Brock for the main event. The WWE has built up Brock so well I don't see them messing that up by having him lose tonight.

I think something is going to happen with Seth and the Authority that will set up Seth vs Triple H

I'm interested in seeing how Roman and Wyatt turns out. The promos for that rivalry has been really well done.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cena making Owens into a main eventer right here.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cenation!!!!!!! hahaha y'all mad?

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh look, it's the old geezer undertaker. Smh

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that was an interesting ending.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow did not see that coming! Two tombstone piledrivers to put down the Beast. That is the only appropriate way to lay him down.

I wonder what they are going to do with The Undertaker now. Is it going to be Undertake vs Brock in Summerslam?

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I am a fan of Undertaker vs Brock. Does he still have it to go a full match with someone as physically imposing as Brock? He was struggling to even pick up Brock for the Tombstone.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some good matches tonight but the outcomes don't leave me excited for any upcoming storyline. It's like they did all that work for nothing.

Also, why not just have Owens pass out instead of tap? It protects him just a bit instead of handing him more losses.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Owens/Cena was like the MITB or the Elimination Chamber. Just Classic. Reminds a history buff like me of Flair/Steamboat the caliber of matches.

Divas Team Match was finally more than a 2 star match (4*)

They Delivered expect for Rolllins/Lesnar but good lead into SummerFest errr Summerslam ;)

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Undertaker was pissed, both pile drivers Brock stopped in the 69 position, Taker yelling for him to grab his knees. Between that and two Reigns walkouts with Wyatts privates in his face, I thought the WWE was cutting down on the rated r stuff.

Of course Rollins skates again. Of course another match of unfinshing finishers with cena and owens. Whats summerslam gonna be? ambrose and reigns vs wyatt and harper, cena vs owens 4 or 5 or 6 if they fight on raw tonight, taker vs lesnar, that should leave rollins vs orton for the belt finally.

Just think, the world heavyweight title is not as important as setting up lesnar vs taker at summerslam.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Undertaker was pissed, both pile drivers Brock stopped in the 69 position, Taker yelling for him to grab his knees. Between that and two Reigns walkouts with Wyatts privates in his face, I thought the WWE was cutting down on the rated r stuff.

Of course Rollins skates again. Of course another match of unfinshing finishers with cena and owens. Whats summerslam gonna be? ambrose and reigns vs wyatt and harper, cena vs owens 4 or 5 or 6 if they fight on raw tonight, taker vs lesnar, that should leave rollins vs orton for the belt finally.

Just think, the world heavyweight title is not as important as setting up lesnar vs taker at summerslam.
I saw Taker looked pretty pissed when setting up for the Tombstone both times, lol. Brock couldn't get it right.

I loved the Divas match, and Reigns/Wyatt was really good. I wanted to like Cena/Owens 3..but it honestly felt to me like I was watching a replay of Elimination Chamber/MITB. Great match, of course. But with a crappy finish. It felt really rushed. I agree with a poster above saying Owens should have just passed out, cause it makes him look better.

That being said, I'm not sure I wanna see Cena/Owens AGAIN. Great feud, but what more can they do at this point?

I enjoyed Rollins/Lesnar. Was really hoping Lesnar came out with the belt but having him vs Taker for the belt just isn't right, and it's predictable. Makes me wonder though, who does Seth face at SS and if it's HHH, how do they set it up?

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am questioning the lesnar/taker rematch at Summerslam a year and a half later after the fact.....why?

So just suddenly now Taker is wanting revenge on Brock? Instead of last WM where Brock was the champ. He could have gotten his rematch/revenge AND a title shot....but he waits until Summslam a year and a half later?

IMO, this storyline ran its course. the shock and awe of it is well gone. This makes no sense that suddenly Taker is pissed at Lesnar.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems pretty simple that they could not do it at Wrestlemania again since Brock was going to drop the belt, so the next biggest PPV would be Summerslam. For all we know, Taker might not have been cleared to wrestle yet with those concussions. There are baseball players like Jim Edmunds that took over a year to recover, so its not out of the realm of possibility that taker was just not ready.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems pretty simple that they could not do it at Wrestlemania again since Brock was going to drop the belt, so the next biggest PPV would be Summerslam. For all we know, Taker might not have been cleared to wrestle yet with those concussions. There are baseball players like Jim Edmunds that took over a year to recover, so its not out of the realm of possibility that taker was just not ready.
I can understand that, but considering so much time has past, why not just move on. Instead of rehashing a moment that occurred 1.5 years ago.

This just screams of a desperate money grabbing ploy by WWE. Their ratings have been shit recently, im sure their PPVs are zilch. Vince just threw this out there thinking he'd get big buys for SS.

The unfortunate thing is, wanting a few more bucks in your pocket could ruin a very unique moment in the companies history.