• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wrestlemania 39

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they don't move merch like Cody did.

not even close.
According to some statistics:

Since 2023 started the top sellers on merchandise are the following

-Roman Reigns
-Cody Rhodes
-Sami Zayn
-Bray Wyatt
-Bianca Belair
-Bayley

It doesn't matter who is moving the most merch. You think Jinder Mahal was moving merch when he became WWE Champion?

You really don't think people were buying up "Honorary Uce" merch 1-2 months ago and now "WrestleZania" merch? Sami's pops are right up there with Cody's pops. The crowd being the chorus to Sami's theme music is right up there with the "whoa" in Cody's theme music.

I'm sorry, but I disagree with this narrative. It doesn't matter who is the highest in merch sales. Why do I think that? Because noone has beaten Roman yet! lol. So its obvious that merch sales and being over means shit when it comes to being the champion.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

-Roman Reigns
-Cody Rhodes
-Sami Zayn
-Bray Wyatt
-Bianca Belair
-Bayley

It doesn't matter who is moving the most merch. You think Jinder Mahal was moving merch when he became WWE Champion?

You really don't think people were buying up "Honorary Uce" merch 1-2 months ago and now "WrestleZania" merch? Sami's pops are right up there with Cody's pops. The crowd being the chorus to Sami's theme music is right up there with the "whoa" in Cody's theme music.

I'm sorry, but I disagree with this narrative. It doesn't matter who is the highest in merch sales. Why do I think that? Because noone has beaten Roman yet! lol. So its obvious that merch sales and being over means shit when it comes to being the champion.
it's what he goes with everytime.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yet...they have built it up twice now with Sami and Cody. I didn't think the Cody build was as good as it was but it looks like they did what they needed to in the ring....part of me does think he should have won the belts there. It was the right time with the Usos losing as well.

I guess we will see.

They didn't really build it up twice though. It was more parallel. Since it wasn't a lot of time between EC and WM, that allowed them to work in Cody throughout all the Sami/Bloodline stuff. The momentum kept going. But now you're looking at likely months again to build up something else. It's hard to get that going again

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They didn't really build it up twice though. It was more parallel. Since it wasn't a lot of time between EC and WM, that allowed them to work in Cody throughout all the Sami/Bloodline stuff. The momentum kept going. But now you're looking at likely months again to build up something else. It's hard to get that going again
they did kind of hitch Cody to the Sami storyline, but not too much...they did some good work with Roman degrading Cody's dad and all that...Roman is doing some good heel work. And they built the Cody story up very fast.

The Usos losing helped because it made it seem like the Bloodline could come crashing down around Roman...but it didn't...yet.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

-Roman Reigns
-Cody Rhodes
-Sami Zayn
-Bray Wyatt
-Bianca Belair
-Bayley

Roman is always a top merch mover

The only person who ever dethroned him was the fiend

Bad Vince, so bad

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to build a heel Cody vs a heel Roman at Summerslam and Jey “accidentally” super kicks Roman and costs him the title or have the Rock or Solo or Jimmy cost Roman the titles. Cody isn’t a face in any way shape or form.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to build a heel Cody vs a heel Roman at Summerslam and Jey “accidentally” super kicks Roman and costs him the title or have the Rock or Solo or Jimmy cost Roman the titles. Cody isn’t a face in any way shape or form.

There’s quite a few faces I could say this for

Cody is not one of them Imo

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TBH, here's a list of guys I can see understandably beating Roman:

Seth Rollins (lost to DQ at RR 2022, never got rematch)

That's it, that's the list.

The only other alternative I can see is, seeing as Bron Breakker just lost the NXT title, after having it for almost a full year, have him debut tonight and work him into being the top face and have him go up against Roman, but the pickings are very very very very very very very very very slim, unless a surprise debut happens anytime soon.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TBH, here's a list of guys I can see understandably beating Roman:

Seth Rollins (lost to DQ at RR 2022, never got rematch)

That's it, that's the list.

The only other alternative I can see is, seeing as Bron Breakker just lost the NXT title, after having it for almost a full year, have him debut tonight and work him into being the top face and have him go up against Roman, but the pickings are very very very very very very very very very slim, unless a surprise debut happens anytime soon.

i agree.

Solo is the other one, similar to Bron.

If you tell me i'm guaranteed one of those 3 today, I'll take that.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There’s quite a few faces I could say this for

Cody is not one of them Imo
I don’t honestly care about other faces. Everything about Cody is heel, his stupid suit, his music, his promos, his entire “my story” story. He needs to fully embrace the fuck Dusty Rhodes persona then he can be a top guy.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t honestly care about other faces. Everything about Cody is heel, his stupid suit, his music, his promos, his entire “my story” story. He needs to fully embrace the fuck Dusty Rhodes persona then he can be a top guy.

i just don't see it.

In AEW i saw it a lot more.

Although his music is absolutely not heel.

The homelander style suit I'll give you. I thought he was teasing a heel turn when had it in AEW.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I mention other faces to get your barometer of this comment

Kevin Owens is a heel gimmick
Becky Lynch
Bianca
Adam cole

And yet trotted out as faces

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mention other faces to get your barometer of this comment

Kevin Owens is a heel gimmick
Becky Lynch
Bianca
Adam cole

And yet trotted out as faces
I think you can put Kevin Owens in the SCSA category of he is a face but doesn’t act like a face.
What about Becky or Bianca isn’t a face?
Adam Cole is too little to see his face in the mirror.

But honestly, what face comes out in suit every week? That was always a heel gimmick. He should just say “I’m done trying to shit Dusty’s way, it is Cody’s way from now on” and drop Rhodes. He needs to run through the bloodline members then his final act should be Jey causing Roman to lose at SS.

It isn’t as cool as winning at Wrestlemania but tough luck with having his injury then coming back to the hottest storyline in many many years and him trying to insert his suit wearing character with 2 hobo looking guys who got bigger crowd reactions that he got.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rewatching Sunday

Sorry Beniot/Angle. I got a new Favorite match

1) 3 way for Intercontential title at WM39

Reactions: ill

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rewatching Sunday

Sorry Beniot/Angle. I got a new Favorite match

1) 3 way for Intercontential title at WM39
Big Meaty Men Slappin Meat

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you can put Kevin Owens in the SCSA category of he is a face but doesn’t act like a face.
What about Becky or Bianca isn’t a face?
Adam Cole is too little to see his face in the mirror.

But honestly, what face comes out in suit every week? That was always a heel gimmick. He should just say “I’m done trying to shit Dusty’s way, it is Cody’s way from now on” and drop Rhodes. He needs to run through the bloodline members then his final act should be Jey causing Roman to lose at SS.

It isn’t as cool as winning at Wrestlemania but tough luck with having his injury then coming back to the hottest storyline in many many years and him trying to insert his suit wearing character with 2 hobo looking guys who got bigger crowd reactions that he got.

They’re heel gimmicks

They walk and talk like heels

Bianca cheats like a heel using her hair