• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wrestlemania Weekend 2019

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time for the all encompassing show thread for the Weekend. I'm posting the major events in order of when they occur.

NXT Takeover (kickoff at 6pm, main card 7pm): Reminder, this is FRIDAY NIGHT, not Saturday like they usually are

Johnny Gargano vs Adam Cole for the NXT Title (2 out of 3 Falls)
Velveteen Dream (c) vs Matt Riddle for the NXT North American Title
War Raiders (c) vs Ricochet and Aleister Black for the NXT Tag Titles
Pete Dunne (c) vs WALTER for the NXT UK Title
Shayne Baszler (c) vs Io Shirai vs Kari Sane vs Bianca Belair for the NXT Womens Title

WWE Hall of Fame (Saturday 6:45pm on the Network):

Class: Honky Tonk Man, Brutus The Barber Beefcake, Torrie Wilson, Harlem Heat (Booker T and Stevie Ray), The Hart Foundation (Bret Hart and Jim Neidhart), DeGeneration X (HHH, HBK, Chyna, Road Dogg, Billy Gunn, XPac)

WrestleMania 35 (Sunday, Kickoff at 5pm on Network, Preshow at 6pm on USA, main card at 7pm Network)

Ronda Rousey (c) vs Charlotte(c) vs Becky Lynch for both Womens Titles

Daniel Bryan (c) vs Kofi Kingston for the WWE Title

Brock Lesnar (c) vs Seth Rollins for the Universal Title

HHH vs Batista (No Holds Barred, HHH's in ring career on the line)

Roman Reigns vs Drew McIntyre

Bobby Lashley (c) vs Finn Balor for the IC Title

Samoa Joe (c) vs Rey Mysterio for the US Title (Rey has a legit injury. This may change)

AJ Styles vs Randy Orton

Shane McMahon vs The Miz (Falls Count Anywhere)

Kurt Angle vs Baron Corbin (Angle's last match)

The Usos (c) vs The Bar vs Rusev/Nakamura vs Ricochet/Aleister Black for the SD Tag Titles

Bayley/Sasha Banks (c) vs The IIconics vs Nia/Tamina vs Nattie/Beth Phoenix for the Womens Tag Titles

The Revival (c) vs Ryder and Hawkins for the Raw Tag Titles (possible preshow)

Buddy Murphy (c) vs Tony Nese for the CW Title (preshow)

The Andre Memorial Battle Royal (preshow)

The Womens Battle Royal (preshow)

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those who haven't seen Walter.

Think Hogan but a ground master with power

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a reminder that if you don't watch NXT, you should. Tune in tonight for Takeover. The NXT ppvs are routinely the best top to bottom wrestling shows WWE puts on.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a reminder that if you don't watch NXT, you should. Tune in tonight for Takeover. The NXT ppvs are routinely the best top to bottom wrestling shows WWE puts on.

I'm still sore that they never put the title on Gargano at TakeOver: Philadelphia. Their reasoning was, and still is, flawed.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Although I think Cole/Gargano is a very good match. I got a feeling that Dream/Riddle will steal the show

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WWE Hall of Fame (Saturday 6:45pm on the Network):

Class: Honky Tonk Man, Brutus The Barber Beefcake, Torrie Wilson, Harlem Heat (Booker T and Stevie Ray), The Hart Foundation (Bret Hart and Jim Neidhart), DeGeneration X (HHH, HBK, Chyna, Road Dogg, Billy Gunn, XPac)

Hogan doing Beefcake , Jimmy Hart doing Honky Tonk Man

Not said but c'mon. Natty should do Hart Foundation

I think Vince or Rock should do DX, Hall do Harlem Heat and Candice Michelle do Torrie

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their are very few times that I am driven to tears, not afraid to say that I am a emotional teddy bear,

Johnny finally winning the title just did it for me

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn that show was good. Really hard picking a favorite match out of that. Probably lean Cole/Gargano but I really dug that Dream/Riddle match.

If you missed that show, go find it somewhere and watch.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn that show was good. Really hard picking a favorite match out of that. Probably lean Cole/Gargano but I really dug that Dream/Riddle match.

If you missed that show, go find it somewhere and watch.

Tag tittle match was mine

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.

And they threw the feud in the trash on DIY main call up.

There was at least a rational reason for the DIY callup and team-up. There was no rational reason to have Andrade go over at TakeOver: Philadelphia. Especially since one of the reasons touted here (I'm looking at you @futballiscool) was that Gargano was getting the next title shot at TakeOver: New Orleans. A title shot, I might add, I predicted he wouldn't get and I was right.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
There was at least a rational reason for the DIY callup and team-up. There was no rational reason to have Andrade go over at TakeOver: Philadelphia. Especially since one of the reasons touted here (I'm looking at you @futballiscool) was that Gargano was getting the next title shot at TakeOver: New Orleans. A title shot, I might add, I predicted he wouldn't get and I was right.

I can't remember the specifics of an argument from a couple years ago but the storyarc with Gargano has been amazing and he's constantly been in 5 star caliber mainevent matches.

His creative has been awesome and he's making a shit ton of money working for the "hip" brand of the biggest wrestling company in the world.

I don't understand how anyone could be upset with how this played out.

Not speaking to you directly but the internet mentality that every indie darling needs to be booked like Hulk Hogan circa 87 is silly since most of us are adults enjoying this on a self-aware, meta level

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't remember the specifics of an argument from a couple years ago but the storyarc with Gargano has been amazing and he's constantly been in 5 star caliber mainevent matches.

His creative has been awesome and he's making a shit ton of money working for the "hip" brand of the biggest wrestling company in the world.

I don't understand how anyone could be upset with how this played out.

Not speaking to you directly but the internet mentality that every indie darling needs to be booked like Hulk Hogan circa 87 is silly since most of us are adults enjoying this on a self-aware, meta level

The gist of the argument was you were fine with Andrade going over, because you said that Gargano would get his rematch on WrestleMania weekend (TakeOver: New Orleans). Which, as you know, he didn't. My argument was the WWE's pathetic reasoning for having Andrade go over, which was "we don't hotshot NXT titles", was hypocritical because they hotshotted the title from Bobby Roode to Andrade via Drew McIntyre. I also said that Gargano wasn't getting his rematch at TO: NO because the rumor was circulating that Alleister Black was getting the shot instead.

I'm upset because this title win was 15 months too late. You think the Ciampa/Gargano feud was fantastic last year? Just imagine how that would've played out with a title involved. Funny thing is, we wouldn't have had to imagine it if WWE had the balls to pull the trigger in Philadelphia.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The gist of the argument was you were fine with Andrade going over, because you said that Gargano would get his rematch on WrestleMania weekend (TakeOver: New Orleans). Which, as you know, he didn't. My argument was the WWE's pathetic reasoning for having Andrade go over, which was "we don't hotshot NXT titles", was hypocritical because they hotshotted the title from Bobby Roode to Andrade via Drew McIntyre. I also said that Gargano wasn't getting his rematch at TO: NO because the rumor was circulating that Alleister Black was getting the shot instead.

I'm upset because this title win was 15 months too late. You think the Ciampa/Gargano feud was fantastic last year? Just imagine how that would've played out with a title involved. Funny thing is, we wouldn't have had to imagine it if WWE had the balls to pull the trigger in Philadelphia.

I would say Ciampa/Gargano was a perfectly executed blood fued that transcended the title.

Now Almas on the otherhand is every bit as talented as Gargano and has been wasted as an irrelevant midcarder on SD. That part's been surprising and disappointing.

So I was wrong in the sense that I thought Gargano would win the title sooner but the full story of how he got there has been as good as anything in the company in years.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say Ciampa/Gargano was a perfectly executed blood fued that transcended the title.

Now Almas on the otherhand is every bit as talented as Gargano and has been wasted as an irrelevant midcarder on SD. That part's been surprising and disappointing.

So I was wrong in the sense that I thought Gargano would win the title sooner but the full story of how he got there has been as good as anything in the company in years.

It would've been 100x better if he won the title off of Ciampa. Which is why your first statement is 100% incorrect. If it wasn't, they wouldn't have been building towards Gargano winning the title off of Ciampa

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It would've been 100x better if he won the title off of Ciampa. Which is why your first statement is 100% incorrect. If it wasn't, they wouldn't have been building towards Gargano winning the title off of Ciampa

That might have been even more ideal but any wrestling fan disappointed in Gargano's storyarc and overall booking is watching wrestling from a completely different perspective than I do.

That's fine btw.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I kinda think that what they were building to for Brooklyn V but as fate would have it Ciampa fucked up his neck.

I got a feeling that it would have been a Ladder match

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel that when you can say after something takes place you can say " I feel like I'm a better .......... fan for seeing this" , that is a great show or whatever.

I feel like a better Wrestling fan for seeing Takeover Brooklyn V