• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wrestlemania Weekend 2019

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Angle went out in his back, which is wrestling tradition. If you’re leaving you put the guy over that’s how the business has always been.

But if I was running shit and I had someone who did as much for me as Angle did for WWE. I'd make sure that HE WENT OVER.

When do you think that Charlotte Segment was filmed???

I say Friday night

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Angle went out in his back, which is wrestling tradition. If you’re leaving you put the guy over that’s how the business has always been.

Ya but always to guys who are relevant. HOFers don’t lose to nobodies, at least that I can remember.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dear Wrestlemania.,

Your show is entirely too damn long.

Sincerely,
Super Bowl Pregame

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A guy who’s actually in the business knows what’s right over some internet fans

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 things made the ending seem Montreal style fishy to me.

1) Graves was right. You can't see Rousey right arm.

2) I think Rousey rolled out at 2.5

3) if it was 3. It was a quick roll out by Rousey. Like
5 second.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great WM imo. Yeah, its too fucking long but even with that, I enjoyed it throughout. From start (all the way from the 5pm preshow) to finish, I thought it was paced well. Even some of the matches you'd expect to drag had some fun spots to liven you up. I'd say the midcard title matches (IC and US) dragged the most and they were short for time but they were fine for what it was.

Random thoughts in no order:

-Thank god Rollins won. I don't get even care if it was a sorta crappy match. That was exactly why Rollins needed to win because Brock cruises thru too many matches. For every good match you get out of him, you get like 5 that he mails in.

-Kofi celebrating with his kids hit me right in the feels

-Miz/Shane was more fun than I expected it to be

-I popped for the IIconics. I'm not ashamed

-Great seeing Cena show up as "heel" Cena

-Was Cesaro's spin on Ricochet a record? That was awesome

-Batista put on a fucking show. A dude his age being gone that long and he can still go like that? Impressive.

-Dug the main event. They put on a good show. Finish was a little screwy because it looks like Rousey botched it by not rolling over. Either that or they actually planned it to be controversial.

Strong WM. Best one they've done over the last several years from top to bottom

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was designed that way.

Someone mentioned Montreal Screw Job. I am thinking more Starcade 1. Ric Flair vs Harley Race.

Flair came off the top rope with a cross body. Race stumbled back and fell over the down referee. That's how he got pinned.

Flair got the win while Race still looked strong.

I think that was the intent here.

Becky gets the win while keeping Rousey looking strong.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The battle royal couldn't have been more predictable.

It was predictable but I got a kick out of Jost wearing a Beckham Browns jersey at the Giants stadium. He played his heel role well throughout this whole little story. I'll give him that at least

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was designed that way.

Someone mentioned Montreal Screw Job. I am thinking more Starcade 1. Ric Flair vs Harley Race.

Flair came off the top rope with a cross body. Race stumbled back and fell over the down referee. That's how he got pinned.

Flair got the win while Race still looked strong.

I think that was the intent here.

Becky gets the win while keeping Rousey looking strong.

Do you have a clip of this ending?

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great WM imo. Yeah, its too fucking long but even with that, I enjoyed it throughout. From start (all the way from the 5pm preshow) to finish, I thought it was paced well. Even some of the matches you'd expect to drag had some fun spots to liven you up. I'd say the midcard title matches (IC and US) dragged the most and they were short for time but they were fine for what it was.

Random thoughts in no order:

-Thank god Rollins won. I don't get even care if it was a sorta crappy match. That was exactly why Rollins needed to win because Brock cruises thru too many matches. For every good match you get out of him, you get like 5 that he mails in.

-Kofi celebrating with his kids hit me right in the feels

-Miz/Shane was more fun than I expected it to be

-I popped for the IIconics. I'm not ashamed

-Great seeing Cena show up as "heel" Cena

-Was Cesaro's spin on Ricochet a record? That was awesome

-Batista put on a fucking show. A dude his age being gone that long and he can still go like that? Impressive.

-Dug the main event. They put on a good show. Finish was a little screwy because it looks like Rousey botched it by not rolling over. Either that or they actually planned it to be controversial.

Strong WM. Best one they've done over the last several years from top to bottom

My dad is a bit of a fan, took him to 34 last year because my youngest brother had to work, and I saying although there were 2 things I didn't like, made it crystal clear here what those were.

I Thought that it was one of the better ones recently, hell even better than 34. There was not a bad match expect for one, granted missed the end of it because I have to take medication at 8 PM and the chick at the Fro- yo stand was on break( one of the meds I take smells like skunk piss and makes me gag so I use applesauce or Yogurt to mask it) so I waited 10 minutes before deciding fuck it and bought Vitamin water and a lemonade ( masking skunk piss pills).

I nearly cried, again ain't afraid to say that I am a emotional teddy bear, when the IIconics won. Say what you want about them. As much as Sasha and Bailey deserved to be the first tag champs, the IIconics deserved to be champs.

Hard to pick match of the night. Going Miz/McMahon.

Not very many great matches can tell stories. This one did

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you have a clip of this ending?

I am on my phone and can't get you the link but a good shot of it on YouTube.

Wrestling With Wregret Starrcade 83 Review.

Go to the 28 minute mark. It goes right to the finish and is a real good recording of the finish of that match.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see both points of view on the Baron Corbin controversy.

It is a time honored tradition for the veteran to go out with his shoulders pinned to the mat. It is also true that WWE has not done the best job of pushing and booking Corbin over the last year or so.

Now that they have given this win to Corbin, I am of the opinion that they now have an obligation to start booking Corbin in a manner that makes him worthy of the rub he just received.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see both points of view on the Baron Corbin controversy.

It is a time honored tradition for the veteran to go out with his shoulders pinned to the mat. It is also true that WWE has not done the best job of pushing and booking Corbin over the last year or so.

Now that they have given this win to Corbin, I am of the opinion that they now have an obligation to start booking Corbin in a manner that makes him worthy of the rub he just received.

You say pushing. I say shoving down our throats

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That had to be the most babyface heavy WM in history. They won the three most important title matches of the night and 80 percent of the card.

It'll be interesting to see how they rearrange the rosters with SD going to prime time on Fox as presumably the defacto A brand in October. I think Kofi is a transitional champ for a few months but the titles going to be on a Brock/Cena/Roman level star soon with WWE ramping up for the Fox deal. I can also see Rollins as Universal champ on Raw with Bryan and/or AJ going there making it more of the B brand.

Last edited:

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That had to be the most babyface heavy WM in history. They won the three most important title matches of the night and 80 percent of the card.

It'll be interesting to see how they rearrange the rosters with SD going to prime time on Fox as presumably the defacto A brand in October. I think Kofi is a transitional champ for a few months but the titles going to be on a Brock/Cena/Roman level star soon with WWE ramping up for the Fox deal. I can also see Rollins as Universal champ on Raw with Bryan and/or AJ going there making it more of the B brand.

I say Kofi holds it till Slam and Orton takes it in a swerve finish where a New Day member, probably E, turns on Kofi distracting him and allowing Orton to hit the RKO for the 1,2,3.