• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wrestlemania 39

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad Rhea won. Glad Cody lost. Overall it was a pretty good Wrestlemania. I feel like they are setting Theory up to lose the US title tonight.

Even though I'm glad Cody lost, I really don't know who you have left that can actually beat Roman unless you do a Steel Cage/Hell in a Cell type match at Backlash to ensure The Bloodline doesn't get involved, thus leading to a clean Cody win, but I personally don't think Cody should be the champ. I don't think Cody is the guy that should beat Roman. Who should be the guy? I have no idea, but it shouldn't be Cody.

Cody is so over it’s hard to say that.

He’s way more over than Becky was when people said they had to embarrass the belt by putting it on her

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wont be surprised if the Usos take the titles back tonight on raw.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when does Orton come back?
Very good question. Idk if they've given a timetable for him, or at least I haven't seen one. I was thinking AJ Styles maybe but he just had surgery on his broken ankle so that might not be an option. I'm sure, if they don't continue the Cody/Roman angle, that they will have a return tonight to set something up for Backlash.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wont be surprised if the Usos take the titles back tonight on raw.
I think they’ll have a rematch and lose, and that forces Roman to be even harder on them because now they’re making the bloodline look bad because they don’t have titles.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cody is so over it’s hard to say that.

He’s way more over than Becky was when people said they had to embarrass the belt by putting it on her
Obviously, being over doesn't mean that you're gonna win the title. Sami was more over than Cody and he didn't win it. Cody is over and he didn't win it at mania. There's obviously something they are waiting on to take the title off of Roman. Maybe the merger between WWE/UCF and the Parent company was it? But idk. After a certain time period, you have to end up making a decision that doesn't make sense and I fear they are there right now.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously, being over doesn't mean that you're gonna win the title. Sami was more over than Cody and he didn't win it. Cody is over and he didn't win it at mania. There's obviously something they are waiting on to take the title off of Roman. Maybe the merger between WWE/UCF and the Parent company was it? But idk. After a certain time period, you have to end up making a decision that doesn't make sense and I fear they are there right now.
I agree, being over isn't all that should dictate who gets the title off Roman. He is dominating and just had two very difficult defenses against Sami and Cody while this world around him falls apart with the Bloodline losing their titles.

I really think it is going to come down to someone on the Bloodline turning on Roman...it has to be that, IMO.

The Usos losing their belts and being unable to get them back might push Roman into being upset with them and push them away.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, being over isn't all that should dictate who gets the title off Roman. He is dominating and just had two very difficult defenses against Sami and Cody while this world around him falls apart with the Bloodline losing their titles.

I really think it is going to come down to someone on the Bloodline turning on Roman...it has to be that, IMO.

The Usos losing their belts and being unable to get them back might push Roman into being upset with them and push them away.
What I can totally see happening is a rematch with Cody/Roman and because Roman has pushed The Bloodline away so much after the Usos defeat, that there's a spot in the rematch where Solo or the Usos would help Roman, and they tease it, but it doesn't happen and Cody takes advantage, winning the title. It just, to me, doesn't make sense because you could've just given Cody that Wrestlemania moment instead of pushing it onto a show like Backlash or Money in the Bank. But hey, what do I know lol. For all we know, there's a huge payoff in a month or so and it will all make sense. Highly doubt it, but we can dream lol.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not true.

Cody is moving merch at an insane rate as well.

The longer this goes the better chance it’s solo

Rollins had an interview the other day and said he wanted the spot so maybe he’ll get another shot

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That fucking haluva kick has to be the worst finisher in wrestling. Should have stolen something like KO did.
you can't get your foot that high...it isn't extremely impressive but I think it works for Sami, especially when he was in his punk phase.

but he also has the Blue Thunder Bomb that I like.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Props to
i can see this

but i mean, a lot of meh from mania despite good action (for the most part)

- two old guys not putting the next genreation over

- an affirmative action champ winning despite it making absolutely zero sense

- no payoff from roman yet, including missing huge chances with Drew, Sami and Cody. I'm not sure how many times you can expect that kind of build up and boiling over.

- you made a lot of people look bad, like Braun, and the usos took like 3 offensive moves before going down...

Honestly. I'm cool with Roman winning.

Bigger fish.
Glad Rhea won. Glad Cody lost. Overall it was a pretty good Wrestlemania. I feel like they are setting Theory up to lose the US title tonight.

Even though I'm glad Cody lost, I really don't know who you have left that can actually beat Roman unless you do a Steel Cage/Hell in a Cell type match at Backlash to ensure The Bloodline doesn't get involved, thus leading to a clean Cody win, but I personally don't think Cody should be the champ. I don't think Cody is the guy that should beat Roman. Who should be the guy? I have no idea, but it shouldn't be Cody.

Good point Tee.

Cody does deserve at some point to hold that illusive gold though.
when does Orton come back?
He is in LA....

I'm just saying

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not true.

Cody is moving merch at an insane rate as well.

The longer this goes the better chance it’s solo

Rollins had an interview the other day and said he wanted the spot so maybe he’ll get another shot
So what if Cody is moving merch? Sami was moving merch too and didn't get the title. I'm sure KO has been moving merch as well and he didn't get the title. Moving merch/being over obviously doesn't mean you get the title.

If you book Roman to beat everyone, eventually, you're gonna run into an issue where you just don't have anyone that can beat him, so you have to make something that won't make sense, make sense in order to justify him being beaten. The man hasn't been pinned since December 2019, it's gonna take something spectacular to change that and no amount of merch being moved has yet to change it, so why should we think otherwise?

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rock teased that he would be seeing The Bloodline in person soon so I'm worried they might be doing a Rock/Roman angle for Summerslam?

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I'm saying is, if not now, then when? Roman is not going to lose the title at a PPV like Backlash or MITB, it's gonna be a PPV like Summerslam. So, I don't think we get Reigns dropping the titles to Cody unless their feud lasts until Summerslam, which could very well be the case.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roman winning was the right call, this was Roman’s story and it won’t end until he’s lost everything.

Him making everyone get fed up and leave or he kicks them out so they can’t be there to save his ass is what’s going to cost him his title. Now that the Usos don’t have titles, Roman is going to treat them as less than. When the bloodline had the titles they were respected, now that the Uso’s lost Roman is going to take it as a slight on his family. And when they fail to win them back, he’s going to kick them out. Then Solo will leave, then Roman will be alone because he’s arrogant and convinced himself that he doesn’t need anyone else because they were weak and that’s when he loses.

And Cody will get to finish his story too, it may not be against Roman it may be against who’s-ever holding the WWE title, but it will happen and he will be just as hot as this year because he will make them believe. Now he has the added benefit of getting screwed just like his father against Flair so many times so now he’s got that to play off of as well.

Those story elements are already there though. Extending it further is just dragging it out with diminishing returns. Pull the trigger now. They had successfully built the crescendo. You can't build that back again. You know how if you bend a paper clip and then bend it back? It still resembles the pre-bend version but it's not quite the same. It's like that. They had all the elements in place. They won't be able to put them all back whenever they finally decide to it. They can get some to where it'll look similar the perfect crescendo, but it won't be the same. They blew it being greedy trying to get more.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those story elements are already there though. Extending it further is just dragging it out with diminishing returns. Pull the trigger now. They had successfully built the crescendo. You can't build that back again. You know how if you bend a paper clip and then bend it back? It still resembles the pre-bend version but it's not quite the same. It's like that. They had all the elements in place. They won't be able to put them all back whenever they finally decide to it. They can get some to where it'll look similar the perfect crescendo, but it won't be the same. They blew it being greedy trying to get more.
They've had 3 legit situations like that, and passed on all of them.

4 if you count Rollins masterful work for a throwaway match at the Rumble that everyone knew he wasn't winning.

Idk how you are going to top any of those.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what if Cody is moving merch? Sami was moving merch too and didn't get the title. I'm sure KO has been moving merch as well and he didn't get the title. Moving merch/being over obviously doesn't mean you get the title.

If you book Roman to beat everyone, eventually, you're gonna run into an issue where you just don't have anyone that can beat him, so you have to make something that won't make sense, make sense in order to justify him being beaten. The man hasn't been pinned since December 2019, it's gonna take something spectacular to change that and no amount of merch being moved has yet to change it, so why should we think otherwise?

they don't move merch like Cody did.

not even close.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if the rock shows up and they're waiting for SummerSlam for Survivor series for the title to change hands, fine. But that's a long time to keep up momentum of the chase.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yet...they have built it up twice now with Sami and Cody. I didn't think the Cody build was as good as it was but it looks like they did what they needed to in the ring....part of me does think he should have won the belts there. It was the right time with the Usos losing as well.

I guess we will see.