• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wrestlemania Weekend 2019

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: WrestleMania 35 Finish Was Botched, Didn't Go According To Plan - Wrestlezone

Well.... who should get tha blame. The ref for not heisiting like he is supposed to

Or

Lynch for not letting Rousey kick out

I know from people I've talked too who have insider knowledge that refs are supposed to treat everything like a shoot and just call what they see so I don't think the ref will get blame. He counted to 3 and if either Lynch or Rousey screwed up that wasn't on him. Most of the time they don’t tell the refs the finish because they want them to just call what they see inside the ring as it’s happening

Last edited:

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That was a hell of a physical match, yes it wasn’t a five-star wrestling classic so I’m sure certain people had a problem with it but for an entertaining brawl to close out his career, it was worth the 25 minutes.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the finish to the women's main event was botched after all?

Fitting.

They botched the storyline leading up to it.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: WrestleMania 35 Finish Was Botched, Didn't Go According To Plan - Wrestlezone

Well.... who should get tha blame. The ref for not heisiting like he is supposed to

Or

LOL...you mean after all this you would figure the plan should have been for Becky to tap out Ronda and it wasnt.

Dont care though my interest went from pretty High at Survivor Series to I dont give a shit for Mania.

Kofi was the real story last night.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't able to watch WrestleMania, but I read up on it through the day and night. Literally through the day and night. 7 something hours!??!?!?!?!! Too long.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Corbin is relevant, you may not like him but he’s been a player on Raw for over a year now.

He’s been a player but he isn’t a guy a HOFer loses to IMO. I agree with him losing but it should’ve been to either someone who has a resume like Flair, HBK and Austin got or should’ve been to someone with no resume him putting over.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't able to watch WrestleMania, but I read up on it through the day and night. Literally through the day and night. 7 something hours!??!?!?!?!! Too long.
Yep, preshow kicked off at 5 and it was around 12:20 before the final bell rang.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Or

I know from people I've talked too who have insider knowledge that refs are supposed to treat everything like a shoot and just call what they see so I don't think the ref will get blame. He counted to 3 and if either Lynch or Rousey screwed up that wasn't on him. Most of the time they don’t tell the refs the finish because they want them to just call what they see inside the ring as it’s happening

There's more stuff out there disputing this (including Meltzer) today. That Sapp fellow has been known to make stuff up in the past. The stuff today says it was the planned finished, but Rousey botched by not getting her shoulders down. It was an accident, the ref was counting and she didn't know what else to do. But the match was suppose to end there. Meltzer said the announcers went on the fly (perhaps on their own) to talk about it potentially being controversial and they just rolled with it.

He also said in the lead up to WM, there was some talk about having the finish be Becky submitting Rousey, but they decided against that before last night.

Also, Rousey broke her hand some time during the match

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is cool. Shad Gaspard and MVP reacting to Kofi's win

Reactions: ill

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's more stuff out there disputing this (including Meltzer) today. That Sapp fellow has been known to make stuff up in the past. The stuff today says it was the planned finished, but Rousey botched by not getting her shoulders down. It was an accident, the ref was counting and she didn't know what else to do. But the match was suppose to end there. Meltzer said the announcers went on the fly (perhaps on their own) to talk about it potentially being controversial and they just rolled with it.

He also said in the lead up to WM, there was some talk about having the finish be Becky submitting Rousey, but they decided against that before last night.

Also, Rousey broke her hand some time during the match

I'd keep going with the Controversy and use it for the other 3 mma horsewoman callup

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

While this was the longest just look at the last few years, it’s been 6-7 hours every year.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really think, and bear with me not intentionally playing the race card, that I think that moment will live forever.

I think so too just because it is a big deal to a lot of people especially those in the black community and former black wrestlers. Kofi is the first African American WWE champ in history(others have held World titles like Mark Henry and Ron Simmons but never the WWE title).

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see both points of view on the Baron Corbin controversy.

It is a time honored tradition for the veteran to go out with his shoulders pinned to the mat. It is also true that WWE has not done the best job of pushing and booking Corbin over the last year or so.

Now that they have given this win to Corbin, I am of the opinion that they now have an obligation to start booking Corbin in a manner that makes him worthy of the rub he just received.

Your second sentence I guess is the better way I meant to portray it. Corbin IMO isn’t relevant, but not derogatory just in terms of his character.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While this was the longest just look at the last few years, it’s been 6-7 hours every year.

Outside of Joe/Rey I think this Mania actually entertained through the entire event.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outside of Joe/Rey I think this Mania actually entertained through the entire event.

Well Rey/Joe had to be what it was because Rey was injured, what we got is about all he could do. Plus Joe looked the best out of anyone last night because he chocked Rey out in like a minute.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Rey/Joe had to be what it was because Rey was injured, what we got is about all he could do. Plus Joe looked the best out of anyone last night because he chocked Rey out in like a minute.

Not really disputing that, just IMO that was the only match out of the 7 plus hours that wasn’t entertaining.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think so too just because it is a big deal to a lot of people especially those in the black community and former black wrestlers. Kofi is the first African American WWE champ in history(others have held World titles like Mark Henry and Ron Simmons but never the WWE title).

Are you serious with this post? You say black wrestlers and black community, but can't say black WWE champion?

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you serious with this post? You say black wrestlers and black community, but can't say black WWE champion?

That's your takeaway from his post? :L

And what happened to your sources saying Kofi wasn't going to win? Either your sources lied or you lied...

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Could be a blessing in disguise if it helps how Joe's being booked from this point on (these squash matches to make him look dominant)....