• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WWE Survivor Series

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The following matches are advertised for WWE Survivor Series, which will be held on Sunday in Los Angeles, California at Staples Center.

-WWE Universal Champion Brock Lesnar vs. WWE Champion AJ Styles.

-Intercontinental Champion Seth Rollins vs. U.S. Champion Shinsuke Nakamura.

-Raw Tag Champions AOP vs. Smackdown Tag Champions Sheamus and Cesaro.

-Team Raw (Drew McIntyre, Dolph Ziggler, Braun Strowman, Bobby Lashley, Finn Balor) vs. Team Smackdown (Daniel Bryan, The Miz, Shane McMahon, Rey Mysterio, Samoa Joe) in the men’s Survivor Series elimination match.

-Team Raw (Nia Jax, Tamina, Mickie James, Natalya, Ruby Riott) vs. Team Smackdown (Asuka, Carmella, Naomi, Sonya Deville, and one TBA) in the women’s Survivor Series elimination match.

-Team Raw (Chad Gable & Bobby Roode, The Ascension, Lucha House Party, The Revival) vs. Team Smackdown (The Usos, New Day, three TBA) in the tag team Survivor Series elimination match.

-Buddy Murphy vs. Mustafa Ali for the WWE Cruiserweight Championship.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BECKY LYNCH OFF SURVIVOR SERIES PPV

If you were excited for Becky Lynch vs. Ronda Rousey this Sunday at the Survivor Series PPV, the match will not be taking place.

During last night's Raw closing fracas, Lynch suffered a broken nose and a concussion when she was struck with a hard right hand by Nia Jax that knocked Lynch to the mat. The strike was not broadcast on television last night. Lynch was evaluated by WWE doctors today and is not expected to be cleared by Sunday. The news was first reported by Fightful.com.

PWInsider.com has independently confirmed their report and is told that WWE is mulling over several possibilities for tonight's Smackdown taping, including a scenario where Lynch would quickly drop the title to someone else, who would then go on to face Rousey at the Survivor Series this Sunday. The timing of the injury is obviously terrible for not just the PPV but Lynch's current push.

The most natural choice would be Charlotte Flair, but that would mean the company is rushing through a potential Wrestlemania match. There have been pitches over the course of the afternoon for other potential names to face Rousey, but we have not heard there was a definitive choice made as of a half hour ago. Mandy Rose and one of the IIconics have also been tossed around as potential ideas for Rousey at the PPV.

WWE has not officially announced the injury and did not respond, as of this writing, to a PWInsider.com request for comment.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is gonna be such a bad PPV.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Bryan is beating AJ for the title tonight and then AJ is beating Lesnar at SS for the Universal title.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Bryan is beating AJ for the title tonight and then AJ is beating Lesnar at SS for the Universal title.

Where are you seeing that AJ is going to face Lesnar still? The spoiler I read is that it’s likely Bryan is going to beat AJ tonight and then Bryan is the one that’s going to face Lesnar on Sunday. Not that AJ is beating Brock.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Added to the pay-per-view since Becky is out is Ronda Rousey vs Charlotte.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Added to the pay-per-view since Becky is out is Ronda Rousey vs Charlotte.

And Bryan vs Brock. Which is quietly interesting and could be a steal.

Got a Question @Duffman and @jeffro151 what SD team member gets taken out so AJ can take his place????

And i got a sneaking feeling that the other WWE horsewoman might have something to do with the end of Rousey match ala WM buildup

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Bryan vs Brock. Which is quietly interesting and could be a steal.

Got a Question @Duffman and @jeffro151 what SD team member gets taken out so AJ can take his place????

And i got a sneaking feeling that the other WWE horsewoman might have something to do with the end of Rousey match ala WM buildup

I don’t think we’ll see AJ on team SmackDown I think we will see him interfere in the Bryan/Brock match though .

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think we’ll see AJ on team SmackDown I think we will see him interfere in the Bryan/Brock match though .
I can see it going one of two ways:
1. AJ interferes and costs SmackDown as being the top show and as a result, everyone in the locker room despises him.
2. Daniel Bryan upsets Brock and just becomes even more of an arrogant asshole by rubbing it in AJ's face that he slayed the beast when AJ couldn't and continue their feud.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see it going one of two ways:
1. AJ interferes and costs SmackDown as being the top show and as a result, everyone in the locker room despises him.
2. Daniel Bryan upsets Brock and just becomes even more of an arrogant asshole by rubbing it in AJ's face that he slayed the beast when AJ couldn't and continue their feud.
I don't see #1 happening as it means a heel turn for AJ and they just turned DB heel. While #2 still could happen, according to PWInsider.com, DB took the title so he could lose to Brock and AJ wouldn't have to lose 2 years in a row. While I agree your way #2 would be much more interesting, I don't think Vince agrees and would have Brock lose clean. I could see this happening though. AJ interferes and accidently costs Brock the match and an arrogant DB rubs it in AJ's face even though AJ inadvertently aided DB. This intensifies their feud.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DB winning the title before Survivor Series makes 0 sense. WWE could've had Daniel Bryan turn heel at the Survivor Series PPV, cost AJ the match vs. Brock and challenge AJ for the WWE title at TLC. Daniel Bryan would then win the title at TLC and have their feud carry over to the Royal Rumble and have an actual good WWE title match at Royal Rumble.

Right now, if they have a match at TLC, the DB and AJ feud would either have to end at TLC or the feud would play hot potato with the WWE title after AJ held it for over a year, which would then make it lose it's mojo the way they had Sasha and Charlotte play with the Women's title last year, which then has rendered Sasha's title reigns useless and unimpressive.

If the feud ends at TLC, DB then has a shit opponent at RR and AJ goes back to the mid-card which would just ruin the Smackdown main event picture.

Only thing I like about this is that DB is now a heel. I believe he will make a great heel, but I don't like the way they did it. Could've delayed it a week and then it would've made a lot more sense.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DB winning the title before Survivor Series makes 0 sense. WWE could've had Daniel Bryan turn heel at the Survivor Series PPV, cost AJ the match vs. Brock and challenge AJ for the WWE title at TLC. Daniel Bryan would then win the title at TLC and have their feud carry over to the Royal Rumble and have an actual good WWE title match at Royal Rumble.

Right now, if they have a match at TLC, the DB and AJ feud would either have to end at TLC or the feud would play hot potato with the WWE title after AJ held it for over a year, which would then make it lose it's mojo the way they had Sasha and Charlotte play with the Women's title last year, which then has rendered Sasha's title reigns useless and unimpressive.

If the feud ends at TLC, DB then has a shit opponent at RR and AJ goes back to the mid-card which would just ruin the Smackdown main event picture.

Only thing I like about this is that DB is now a heel. I believe he will make a great heel, but I don't like the way they did it. Could've delayed it a week and then it would've made a lot more sense.
Or done it the SD after SA and had more time to build the DB/Brock match. You believe DB will make a great heel? What, You don't you remember DB's been a great heel before?

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or done it the SD after SA and had more time to build the DB/Brock match. You believe Db will make a great heel? What, You don't you remember when DB was a great heel?

Bryan was never given a chance to actually be a heel. Only time he was a "heel" was with the Nexus. His whole Team Hell No heel thing was gimmicky and for laughs. I doubt this will be anything like that.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Becky/Ronda takes away a lot of my interest. Hopefully with WWE wanting to push the Womens Revolution this match will Main Event Mania now.

I think AJ is now winning the Rumble and facing Brock at Mania for the Universal title....if not then what was the point of the promo at the beginning of SD between him and Heyman?

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bryan was never given a chance to actually be a heel. Only time he was a "heel" was with the Nexus. His whole Team Hell No heel thing was gimmicky and for laughs. I doubt this will be anything like that.
I'm not talking about team Hell No. You better go watch the WWE Network. DB was a heel with AJ Lee as his valet long after his Nexus run, which he was fired from WWE during BTW for chocking a ring announcer by his neck tie on camera (some stupid PG rule). Wait, since AJ Lee was involved that may not still be on the Network.

This was sometime before the wedding where AJ Lee spurned DB to become Raw GM. If I'm remembering correctly DB fired AJ for costing him his title (not really her fault) and then after he sometime latter turned face tried to get back with her which led to the wedding angle. So, DB has been a heel in WWE way before this. He was very good at it then so he'll be very good again.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Becky/Ronda takes away a lot of my interest. Hopefully with WWE wanting to push the Womens Revolution this match will Main Event Mania now.

I think AJ is now winning the Rumble and facing Brock at Mania for the Universal title....if not then what was the point of the promo at the beginning of SD between him and Heyman?
To mention DB's name so he could come out and force the match that led to the title switch. According to Heyman we switched the #2 in ring wrestler for the #1, so big improvement, right??? LoL! Since according to PWInsider.com WWE made the tittle switch so AJ wouldn't have to lose to Brock for the second straight year, I don't see WWE setting up a WM match between the 2 and putting AJ over Brock. So, there's no point to that match. I think you're looking for booking logic out of WWE when they've proven time and time again, logic doesn't matter to them.

Another problem with your AJ/Brock WM scenario is that WWE has said the winner of the men's Rumble will face the champ of their brand. Of course they didn't follow that with Asuka, so anything is possible with WWE. (See logic comment above)

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to put the title on Bryan as a reaction to Becky Lynch getting hurt, if they wanted a big match to main event to garner interest (and AJ vs Brock is something we already saw last week).

Regardless, I don't know if the DB heel turn will be effective....he's too beloved imo that there will always be many cheering him and doing the YES chants. If they were to make him a tweener and loose cannon type however (as in he doesn't know if he'll have a fair match or cheat etc), maybe that could add an intriguing element to his character.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to put the title on Bryan as a reaction to Becky Lynch getting hurt, if they wanted a big match to main event to garner interest (and AJ vs Brock is something we already saw last week).

Regardless, I don't know if the DB heel turn will be effective....he's too beloved imo that there will always be many cheering him and doing the YES chants. If they were to make him a tweener and loose cannon type however (as in he doesn't know if he'll have a fair match or cheat etc), maybe that could add an intriguing element to his character.
Hopefully he brings back the NO chants.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not talking about team Hell No. You better go watch the WWE Network. DB was a heel with AJ Lee as his valet long after his Nexus run, which he was fired from WWE during BTW for chocking a ring announcer by his neck tie on camera (some stupid PG rule). Wait, since AJ Lee was involved that may not still be on the Network.

This was sometime before the wedding where AJ Lee spurned DB to become Raw GM. If I'm remembering correctly DB fired AJ for costing him his title (not really her fault) and then after he sometime latter turned face tried to get back with her which led to the wedding angle. So, DB has been a heel in WWE way before this. He was very good at it then so he'll be very good again.
Yeah, DB was a pretty big heel when Sheamus beat him in like 5 seconds at WM for the title.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, DB was a pretty big heel when Sheamus beat him in like 5 seconds at WM for the title.
You know WWE loves to screw things up. That was more of the big man decimating the small man that Vince loves to do. I think they also had a 19 or 21 second rematch during that feud too. If you look at how bad WWE booked DB before the magical WM win that only happened cause the fans forced it, it's clear Vince never saw him as a top guy.