• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WVU starts a new losing streak

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't compare basketball to football because football requires 22 good players and basketball just 5. Football is much more a team game. One player can carry a basketball team. As we've seen from this year, Jevon Carter has been carrying WVU. But in results, a sweet 16 is about the same as a new year's day bowl.

I don't know if I would subscribe that Carter carried the team...#50 has been a monster in the middle...

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't compare basketball to football because football requires 22 good players and basketball just 5. Football is much more a team game. One player can carry a basketball team. As we've seen from this year, Jevon Carter has been carrying WVU. But in results, a sweet 16 is about the same as a new year's day bowl.

I'm sure it's no surprise that I disagree with this... all of this.

The basketball tournament is like nothing in football. NOTHING. You simply cannot compare. We have no way to connect the two postseasons. January bowls throughout their entire history... have been reserved for the highest ranked teams and/or power/major/AQ conference champions. Period.

You would NEVER see an unranked team that barely qualified as a bowl participant... ie... a 5-7 or 6-6 team... playing in a January bowl game. We see unranked teams in the Sweet 16 every fucking year. It takes two wins to get there...

There are a few issues impacting this year's basketball team. Yes... losing JC was probably the biggest... but, Dax was a really good college player too. Of course... losing Sags and Beetle has hurt... now we're just dead fish with Esa and Wes off the team. This year, Huggs developed zero depth in the backcourt during the OOC. Since the '14 season, he's played 5-6 guards per game to keep the pressure on the opponent... both full and half.

IMO, there was also a lack of frontcourt development from last year to this. I don't know what happened. Huggs is now saying West's wrist is injured again and he can't shoot. Especially in the loss of Sags, we needed others to step up... and, it just didn't happen for any of the returning players.

I love Culver... even though the kid has no fundamentals... he gives great effort. If he keeps his head right, he could be special.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure it's no surprise that I disagree with this... all of this.

The basketball tournament is like nothing in football. NOTHING. You simply cannot compare. We have no way to connect the two postseasons. January bowls throughout their entire history... have been reserved for the highest ranked teams and/or power/major/AQ conference champions. Period.

You would NEVER see an unranked team that barely qualified as a bowl participant... ie... a 5-7 or 6-6 team... playing in a January bowl game. We see unranked teams in the Sweet 16 every fucking year. It takes two wins to get there...

There are a few issues impacting this year's basketball team. Yes... losing JC was probably the biggest... but, Dax was a really good college player too. Of course... losing Sags and Beetle has hurt... now we're just dead fish with Esa and Wes off the team. This year, Huggs developed zero depth in the backcourt during the OOC. Since the '14 season, he's played 5-6 guards per game to keep the pressure on the opponent... both full and half.

IMO, there was also a lack of frontcourt development from last year to this. I don't know what happened. Huggs is now saying West's wrist is injured again and he can't shoot. Especially in the loss of Sags, we needed others to step up... and, it just didn't happen for any of the returning players.

I love Culver... even though the kid has no fundamentals... he gives great effort. If he keeps his head right, he could be special.

Huggs even admitted this in his last post game. After Beetle, there was really nobody. Sad thing is the young guards were good 3 point shooters in high school and now have trouble even hitting the rim. Our only threat from the outside (West) has a bad hand. Konate may be a better 3 point shooter than any of our current uninjured guards.

I agree on Culver. I think Huggs fixes some of the fundamentals and he becomes a force the next two years. H looks good even when double or triple-teamed. Matthews is also showing some promise in spurts. If we can add in a real outside threat next year, I think we will be ok.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams have made the Final 4 who had zero business even being in the tournament. It’s quite stupid to think how far a team advances in the tournament is some kind of mile marker.
THAT may well be the most ridiculous of many ridiculous things you have ever posted.....

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let’s take a look back at last year. Sweet 16 is considered some kind of huge achievement.

The 16 teams left in the dance... included season ending AP poll... unranked Loyola Chicago, KSU, FSU and SU. That is 1/4 of the Sweet 16.

If we go back to the ‘17 season, the Sweet 16 included unranked USCe and Xavier. 1/8 of the field.

The ‘16 season... unranked Gonzaga, Wisky, ND and SU in the field. 1/4 of the field.

In what year did we have unranked teams playing in a BCS bowl?
OK, put on your thinking cap, and actually think. you are talking rankings, meaning top 25, nearly one in five football teams is "ranked", one in thirteen basketball teams are "ranked" if you want to compare "ranking" then you need to look at the top 65 or so basketball teams and consider them as ranked. I know you can not understand, or refuse to because it doesn't prop up Holgorsen, BUT, total number of teams count.........rankings also are based on OPINION, which you are trying to say count for more than performance on the court. Trying to belittle a sweet 16 appearance as nothing is so foolish as to be laughable, you are so blinded by your infatuation with our former football coach that you will make yourself believe out and out stupid things.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THAT may well be the most ridiculous of many ridiculous things you have ever posted.....

You think?

Tell me how SU deserved to be in the NCAA tournament in 2016?

I truly get tired of your stupidity!

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, put on your thinking cap, and actually think. you are talking rankings, meaning top 25, nearly one in five football teams is "ranked", one in thirteen basketball teams are "ranked" if you want to compare "ranking" then you need to look at the top 65 or so basketball teams and consider them as ranked. I know you can not understand, or refuse to because it doesn't prop up Holgorsen, BUT, total number of teams count.........rankings also are based on OPINION, which you are trying to say count for more than performance on the court. Trying to belittle a sweet 16 appearance as nothing is so foolish as to be laughable, you are so blinded by your infatuation with our former football coach that you will make yourself believe out and out stupid things.

Like we’ve discussed before... you cannot compare the two sports. Go to Sagarin’s rankings if you wish. He puts all of Div I football in one category... no FCS and FBS divisions.

You know I’m right about the NCAA tournament. Nobody believes it is anything but a tournament. Doesn’t count for anything but a good run to make the Sweet 16. Has little to do with proving the best. Only a tournament like the NBA playoffs would do so. Even the NCAA baseball tournament does it better.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked the effort the kids played with today.

I had to laugh at our HOF coaching staff getting a technical for putting 6 players on the court coming out of a TO.

Sadly, I don’t understand why Harler was playing today instead of Doomes. Could have won this one...

4 games left in the regular season. Not sure they’ll win one of them.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely could have won. It appears that there is a second half collapse of the basketball team over the past few years. They get a large lead only to watch it evaporate into a loss. The good thing about all of this, Huggy is forced to play these kids through their mistakes. Makes me wonder how he is going to drop players at years end when they are out there working. Logan Routt is about the only one but I could be wrong.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huggs doesn't have to worry about Routt. He's back on walk-on status, so I would expect to see both he and Horton as part of next year's team.

IMO, both Gordon and Doomes appear to be on the hit list. Gordon gave Huggs some production yesterday, but he was last of the 5's off the bench and did not play in the KSU game. Coach was pissed at him for fouling out of the KU blowout loss.

I can't believe Huggs burned Doomes' RS to play him but 45 sec of a game. Seems like a cruel thing to do to the kid.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe Huggs burned Doomes' RS to play him but 45 sec of a game. Seems like a cruel thing to do to the kid.

If I‘m Doomes Im gone either way. There is no reason whatsoever why he shouldn't be getting more PT at this point after buring the RS.

We need guard and guard development, Knapper was out and Haley sucks, play the guy!

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I truly get tired of your stupidity!
Odd that you never tire of YOURS.......the NCAA basketball tournament is the best sporting event in the world, the championship is won on the court, every team in the sport is able to win it, more people carry around their bracket filling it in, listening to each game, cheering for the underdog. Every post you make is more ridiculous than the last.......

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Odd that you never tire of YOURS.......the NCAA basketball tournament is the best sporting event in the world, the championship is won on the court, every team in the sport is able to win it, more people carry around their bracket filling it in, listening to each game, cheering for the underdog. Every post you make is more ridiculous than the last.......

It is one of the greatest sporting events of the year. It’s exciting to watch the underdog upset the fave... it’s exciting to see the Cinderella Team advance. It’s great theater.

It does not recognize the best team in the country. The finalist... semi finalist.... quarter finalists.... are teams that survive. Only a fool would argue otherwise.

College basketball has made a mockery of competition in order to bring $1 billion revenue to the NCAA. In seeding the contestants of the event, the committee tries to give the best teams the easiest path to the championship. We rarely get a Final 4 of the best teams. And, fans are OK with that.

Because it’s great theater...

Yeah... banners are hung with pride of March Madness runs. Makes a joke of the rest of the season. Doesn’t it?

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW... how does one tire of their own stupidity? Is it really possible to tire of one’s stupidity? How would you know if you were tiring of it? The stupid part would have trouble managing the process... right?

Making a statement like... “Odd that you never tire of YOUR (stupidity)” is a hint that the person posting it... has the stupidity thing down pat.

If anyone needed a clue...

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW... how does one tire of their own stupidity? Is it really possible to tire of one’s stupidity? How would you know if you were tiring of it? The stupid part would have trouble managing the process... right?

Making a statement like... “Odd that you never tire of YOUR (stupidity)” is a hint that the person posting it... has the stupidity thing down pat.

If anyone needed a clue...

I don't know ..I get tired of mine every once in awhile...but if passes pretty quickly!!:lol:

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great win for what’s left of this year’s team tonight.

I have to admit, I’ve really enjoyed watching them play the last couple of games.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best thing was watching McCabe grow up. He is becoming a good point and reliable scorer. Culver is becoming dominant on the offensive boards.

Addition by subtraction. The more players we lose, the better we get. Maybe the kids are playing with no fear. Huggs can’t take them out every time they make a mistake because he has nobody to send in.

If this team could fix the turnover problem, they are actually pretty good.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back to your basketball debate.

Take this scenario. We get sags and beetle back and win the B12 and go to the dance. We knock off a #2 seed and get an easy path to the elite 8 where the run ends. We end up ranked at #13.

BBW would you call this a successful season? Dad? MAC.