• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WVU starts a new losing streak

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You read it here first.

I’m calling it right now. After last night’s terrible loss to BU, WVU will go on to lose again. Heading to Knoxville, TN to play the #1 team in all of the land on Saturday afternoon.

Huggs could not find a way to stop a short white PG last night. I love how Huggs remains committed to his plan though. Huggs kept Haley on Mason all the way up until Haley had 3 fouls in the first half.

Knapper... who certainly makes some bonehead TO’s... came in to replace Haley. And, what do you know...

But, that’s why we WVU fans are lucky to have a HOF coach. It’s losses like last night...

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year has proven one thing to me. Jevon Carter really is THAT good.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You read it here first.

I’m calling it right now. After last night’s terrible loss to BU, WVU will go on to lose again. Heading to Knoxville, TN to play the #1 team in all of the land on Saturday afternoon.

Huggs could not find a way to stop a short white PG last night. I love how Huggs remains committed to his plan though. Huggs kept Haley on Mason all the way up until Haley had 3 fouls in the first half.

Knapper... who certainly makes some bonehead TO’s... came in to replace Haley. And, what do you know...

But, that’s why we WVU fans are lucky to have a HOF coach. It’s losses like last night...

As I said...they didn't beat Kansas...Kansas just laid a MONSTER egg!

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The streak is at 2.

At 16-5, my son texted me... WTF is going on. My response... it won’t last.

WVU finished the first half on the wrong side of a 24-2 run by Tennessee.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WVU led the overall series 8-5, however, history just didn’t play well enough to get us a victory today. Keep your chins up, history is still on our side with the series now being 8-6.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel confident that the streak will extend to 3 after Wednesday's game against ISU.

Last night, our HOF coach was caught giving it to one of his players in the locker room...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Last thing on this: here is the video as we were setting up with Chase Harler. You can hear Huggins yelling in the background. Everyone kinda froze when it was going down. <a href="https://t.co/AMcsaJfb8R">pic.twitter.com/AMcsaJfb8R</a></p>&mdash; Tom Bragg (@TomBraggSports) <a href="">January 27, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

"Cowards make fucking coward plays."

That's the kind of coaching that will get you into the HOF right there...

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If... the biggest two letter word in sports. If we're 19-1 next year, then nobody be bitching.

Enjoy the process of calling out one another CouchonFire, that's what keeps things interesting...

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One bad year, the fan base flips out. Next year, if we're 19-1, what will they be saying then?
"Fans", a term used lightly around here.
Define a “winning” season. A season where you’re 1 game above .500? Not sure if you were around or participated in the debate of WVU being an Elite program. When some felt that the standard was winning a CC in 3 years or that coach is to be replaced. I’m just applying that standard to our basketball program with a HOF HC that seems to either have issues recruiting his type of players or placing his players in a position to be successful.

Next year is always a recurring theme for WVU fans. I would expect more out of a HOF HC. I guess Huggy’s claim of fame is the number of wins in his career, not necessarily the amount of CCs and NCs. If that is what some like, then so be it. Didn’t we recently have a record similar to the 19-1 mark? Ranked in the top 10 or top 5? Still no CC or NC. Almost a CC. Almost = If. If Huggy wins it all next year then good. I expected that out of him 4 or 5 years ago.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Huggy wins 25+ games in back to back years... goes to the Sweet 16 back to back years, is it OK for ‘fans’ to question WTF about this year?

Does poking the bear mean ‘fans’ are flipping out?

I watched every minute of every single basketball game this year. Does that make me a fan?

Fucking pussy fans we have....

CouchOnFire

Statism is a disease
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Define a “winning” season. A season where you’re 1 game above .500? Not sure if you were around or participated in the debate of WVU being an Elite program. When some felt that the standard was winning a CC in 3 years or that coach is to be replaced. I’m just applying that standard to our basketball program with a HOF HC that seems to either have issues recruiting his type of players or placing his players in a position to be successful.

Next year is always a recurring theme for WVU fans. I would expect more out of a HOF HC. I guess Huggy’s claim of fame is the number of wins in his career, not necessarily the amount of CCs and NCs. If that is what some like, then so be it. Didn’t we recently have a record similar to the 19-1 mark? Ranked in the top 10 or top 5? Still no CC or NC. Almost a CC. Almost = If. If Huggy wins it all next year then good. I expected that out of him 4 or 5 years ago.
You expected NC's at WVU? How old are you?
We're WVU. We are not an elite program. Lofty expectations for a program w/ zero titles in anything other than rifle (where we just kick ass), I'd say yes! Yes, we were ranked #2 about this time last year. Who did we play in the tourney? Oh, that's right, the eventual national champions.
Exactly who would you put in Huggins' position? What would you expect of that person?

CouchOnFire

Statism is a disease
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question, sure. Pitchforks need put away, however.

Watching every minute makes you a masochist, damn!

I agree, they whine far too damned much!

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You expected NC's at WVU? How old are you?
We're WVU. We are not an elite program. Lofty expectations for a program w/ zero titles in anything other than rifle (where we just kick ass), I'd say yes! Yes, we were ranked #2 about this time last year. Who did we play in the tourney? Oh, that's right, the eventual national champions.
Exactly who would you put in Huggins' position? What would you expect of that person?
Obviously you either didn’t read my entire post or make it clear enough for you. You’re question about who I would put in Huggy’s place, IF I HAD TO, was the exact same questions I asked those who had the “we are an Elite school” and those who said ”3 years and out” mentality. I do expect more out of Huggy than this but have come to accept mediocrity. I have given up hope of a NC for either the basketball or football programs in my lifetime. Maybe my youngest will see one, but he isn’t really feeling it.

From your response, it appears that there is some sort of honor in losing to the NC.

CouchOnFire

Statism is a disease
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously you either didn’t read my entire post or make it clear enough for you. You’re question about who I would put in Huggy’s place, IF I HAD TO, was the exact same questions I asked those who had the “we are an Elite school” and those who said ”3 years and out” mentality. I do expect more out of Huggy than this but have come to accept mediocrity. I have given up hope of a NC for either the basketball or football programs in my lifetime. Maybe my youngest will see one, but he isn’t really feeling it.

From your response, it appears that there is some sort of honor in losing to the NC.
I read it and it was clear. You expected an NC from Huggy 4-5 years ago. That's funny! Next year is, well, all we have to look forward to since last year is done and over. The ones who dwell on what could have been... funny folks, indeed.
My point was, no one else beat them either... understand?

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read it and it was clear. You expected an NC from Huggy 4-5 years ago. That's funny! Next year is, well, all we have to look forward to since last year is done and over. The ones who dwell on what could have been... funny folks, indeed.
My point was, no one else beat them either... understand?
:L Goodness. Never mind.

CouchOnFire

Statism is a disease
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L Goodness. Never mind.
giphy.gif

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel confident that the streak will extend to 3 after Wednesday's game against ISU.

Last night, our HOF coach was caught giving it to one of his players in the locker room...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Last thing on this: here is the video as we were setting up with Chase Harler. You can hear Huggins yelling in the background. Everyone kinda froze when it was going down. <a href="https://t.co/AMcsaJfb8R">pic.twitter.com/AMcsaJfb8R</a></p>&mdash; Tom Bragg (@TomBraggSports) <a href="">January 27, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

"Cowards make fucking coward plays."

That's the kind of coaching that will get you into the HOF right there...
We sure that's Huggs? Voice sounds too high to be him iyam.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just wish we played the young guys more in the backcourt. Doomes, McCabe, Knapper, let em go, let em make mistakes and learn for next season.

Once the season is over maybe make a move, drop some dead weight for a JC or transfer guard WHO CAN SCORE to go along with the pups and see what happens next year.

Sags, Culver, Oscar (the big HS kid) , maybe move Haley to SF, West, the pups...We have potential imo but, we'll see.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just wish we played the young guys more in the backcourt. Doomes, McCabe, Knapper, let em go, let em make mistakes and learn for next season.

Once the season is over maybe make a move, drop some dead weight for a JC or transfer guard WHO CAN SCORE to go along with the pups and see what happens next year.

Sags, Culver, Oscar (the big HS kid) , maybe move Haley to SF, West, the pups...We have potential imo but, we'll see.

IMO, Sags is gone after this season. I feel pretty confident Huggs will dump a few of his kids and get some JUCO’s. He has shown in the past he has no problem cleaning up his recruiting mistakes by forcing one of his boys out the door.

Without leadership next season, I don’t know how much better things will be. Better than this year for sure... but Sweet 16 good? Idk...

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sags is gone no matter what IMHO. I don't think Huggins is going to tolerate more of his attitude. He's not the only one, but not going to practice is a huge part of this team's issues.