• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The FO has a giant decision on their hands and the Rangers have the M's for 4: SEA @ TEX 7/14-17

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was the medical issue that the Mets had with Rocker. Did he have surgery.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was the medical issue that the Mets had with Rocker. Did he have surgery.
yes he had surgery last September.

Former Mets draft pick Kumar Rocker had a “minor scope” on his right shoulder last September, according to ESPN, following concern over his arm from the team.

The Mets didn’t sign Rocker, whom they drafted 10th overall last summer, due to concern over his arm and he is draft-eligible again this year. He had a five-game stint with the Frontier League’s Tri-City ValleyCats, having left Vanderbilt ahead of the 2021 draft, throwing 20 innings with a 1.35 ERA.

“We have a very clear understanding, after a minor scope, of Kumar’s medically documented health, which has allowed him to perform at the highest levels,” Scott Boras, Rocker’s agent, told ESPN.

The Mets drafted Rocker after he fell to the 10th pick last season, but didn’t end up offering him a contract due to concern over his medicals, receiving the 11th pick this year as compensation. Some of the Mets’ concern was related to Rocker’s elbow. The two sides had agreed on a $6 million signing bonus on draft day before a physical examination.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes he had surgery last September.

Former Mets draft pick Kumar Rocker had a “minor scope” on his right shoulder last September, according to ESPN, following concern over his arm from the team.

The Mets didn’t sign Rocker, whom they drafted 10th overall last summer, due to concern over his arm and he is draft-eligible again this year. He had a five-game stint with the Frontier League’s Tri-City ValleyCats, having left Vanderbilt ahead of the 2021 draft, throwing 20 innings with a 1.35 ERA.

“We have a very clear understanding, after a minor scope, of Kumar’s medically documented health, which has allowed him to perform at the highest levels,” Scott Boras, Rocker’s agent, told ESPN.

The Mets drafted Rocker after he fell to the 10th pick last season, but didn’t end up offering him a contract due to concern over his medicals, receiving the 11th pick this year as compensation. Some of the Mets’ concern was related to Rocker’s elbow. The two sides had agreed on a $6 million signing bonus on draft day before a physical examination.
That’s sounds good. Hope we sign him with Boras being his agent.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
more info on Rocker:

THE NEXT DAY, an unknown becomes known. Rocker, it turns out, underwent shoulder surgery in September. The surgery, described by Boras as a minor cleanup of bursitis and "inflamed tissue" resulting from a high school football injury -- "This is not a pitching-necessary idea," he says -- leaked out after teams were provided the surgeon's notes but no MRIs, which means they found out the mechanics of the operation but not the extent of the underlying damage.

"Rotator cuff, labrum -- all in great order," Boras says. "We just said to Kumar, 'Let's go to a doctor and look under the hood.' We know there's nothing wrong in regards to pitching, but peace of mind -- that's the most important issue. I told him, 'This is not for the teams; it's for you.' I'm so glad we did that because it liberated his psychology, and now we're seeing a free athlete. We did not want this to be an 'aha' moment -- oh, see, he really did need surgery. No, this was done for his personal state of mind. I've had 20 first-round pitchers with worse MRIs than his."

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am trusting the Rangers were blown away with Rocker's workouts and performances in Indy ball.

Two pitchers in the top 7 when no one thought any would go top 10. Love it.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am trusting the Rangers were blown away with Ricker's workouts and performances in Indy ball.

Two pitchers in the top 7 when no one thought any would go top 10. Love it.

They got giant balls, I wanted a pitcher but my parakeet balls wouldn't have allowed me to pull the trigger.

I thought someone would take him earlier than expected but I didnt think it would br Texas.

I think Ivan goes a lot sooner than expected too.

If Johnson or Parada end up HOF'ers and Kumar is a bust then I will be disappointed but it's all a shot in the almost dark

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
read post #507

I saw it after I posted shoulder surgery but the Mets were worried about his elbow not his shoulder, if reports I heard were correct. I will have to find them though

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw it after I posted shoulder surgery but the Mets were worried about his elbow not his shoulder, if reports I heard were correct. I will have to find them though
i've looked this the best i could find about him and the Mets:

After Rocker starred for three years in college, the Mets selected him 10th overall in last year's Draft and the two sides quickly came to a $6 million bonus agreement. But the club didn't like the results of his post-Draft physical, for reasons that never have been made public, and reduced its bonus offer to $0. New York chose to receive the No. 11 pick this year as compensation rather than try to come to a revised arrangement.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i've looked this the best i could find about him and the Mets:

After Rocker starred for three years in college, the Mets selected him 10th overall in last year's Draft and the two sides quickly came to a $6 million bonus agreement. But the club didn't like the results of his post-Draft physical, for reasons that never have been made public, and reduced its bonus offer to $0. New York chose to receive the No. 11 pick this year as compensation rather than try to come to a revised arrangement.

We shall see, I guess...

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They got giant balls, I wanted a pitcher but my parakeet balls wouldn't have allowed me to pull the trigger.

I thought someone would take him earlier than expected but I didnt think it would br Texas.

I think Ivan goes a lot sooner than expected too.

If Johnson or Parada end up HOF'ers and Kumar is a bust then I will be disappointed but it's all a shot in the almost dark
If he’s a bust, JD needs to go.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chase DeLauter goes at 16. Looking forward to following him and Termarr.