• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The FO has a giant decision on their hands and the Rangers have the M's for 4: SEA @ TEX 7/14-17

BULLPEN FAILURE

Headed to a more competent location
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 2022 Draft is upon us, and unlike last year, there is no clear cut pick for the Rangers to take with their slot at #3. It'll be a hitter is all we know at this point, and most likely won't be Druw Jones. Sunday evening is when things kick off.

On the series side, the Rangers wrap up a 10 game homestand against the hottest team in baseball, the Mariners, who have won 10 straight and are in a 3 way tie with BOS and TOR for the second WC spot. Tasked with throwing baseballs at them is Perez in his All Star tuneup start tonight, journeyman pitcher T.B. Dee Friday, Howard ruining my game on Saturday afternoon, and Otto closing out the first half of the season on Sunday. 7, 7, 3, and 1:30 go times.

As for the hitting, it's the Smith and Taveras show, providing quality entertainment and production.

Reactions: DTC

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

potential for some trade market chaos here

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mock: Is the best overall prospect a lock for No. 1 pick?

3. Rangers: Kevin Parada, C, Georgia Tech (No. 6)
The Rangers would take Jones or Holliday, but with them gone, the choices come down to Parada and Lee, or Elijah Green on the high school side.

I like it. We have a top 3 pick. We should get a good player.
I like Jones, Parada, Lee, Johnson and Holliday in that order.
I like that Parada and Lee have proven they can hit quality pitching at the college level. Parada has a little more power which might help him at the big league level with wooden bats and tighter/shorter swings. Johnson played in a weak high school division which may make it harder for him to hit well against guys throwing 95-100 mph with nasty movement. Holiday has the athleticism, size, genetics and coaching that helped him dominate high school, pro ball might be a challenge for him.
Johnson and Holliday may go on to be the best thing since sliced bread and Parada and Lee may not ever be productive major leaguers, but I’d prefer to pick a guy that’s a little more polished and sure..

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who got our pick right last year and who didn't? The first list are some who got it right and the second list are some who got it wrong. What should be noted is that it should have been easier to guess last year than this year since we draft two slots lower this year. It should also be noted that these lists don't really show how accurate these folks were in mocking, overall. For instance, mlb.com had both analysts pick Leiter as the guy we would take, but both missed on the top pick for the Pirates.

Sporting News
Prospectslive.com
Mlb.com

CBS
The Bleacher Report
NBC Sports
Just Baseball

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnson played in a weak high school division
He also did really well in the summer leagues against better opposition.

Reactions: DTC

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who got our pick right last year and who didn't? The first list are some who got it right and the second list are some who got it wrong. What should be noted is that it should have been easier to guess last year than this year since we draft two slots lower this year. It should also be noted that these lists don't really show how accurate these folks were in mocking, overall. For instance, mlb.com had both analysts pick Leiter as the guy we would take, but both missed on the top pick for the Pirates.

Sporting News
Prospectslive.com
Mlb.com

CBS
The Bleacher Report
NBC Sports
Just Baseball

just 1 slot lower this year for us.

I remember the Pirates pick being VERY unexpected by most after the fact. pretty surprised that many people didn't have us taking Leiter (I assume they were trying to factor in signability).

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also did really well in the summer leagues against better opposition.

That’s good to know!
I didn’t realize that. Tried finding it

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I remember the Pirates pick being VERY unexpected by most after the fact. pretty surprised that many people didn't have us taking Leiter (I assume they were trying to factor in signability).
A lot of folks last year were smitten by the three HS shortstops, so many of them had us taking one of them.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of folks last year were smitten by the three HS shortstops, so many of them had us taking one of them.

that does ring a bell. I was so laser focused on Leiter that I pretty much ignored them.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is funny how many folks thought we wouldn't take Leiter last year because it was presumed he would only sign with the Red Sox or go back into the draft.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They wanted to go under slot to overpay other picks. Probably well known but thought I would add

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They wanted to go under slot to overpay other picks. Probably well known but thought I would add
I think they may have taken the best player in the draft by doing so. I really liked their selection.

Henry Davis has played at 4 different levels so far this year. He absolutely crushed it at both "A" levels.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is funny how many folks thought we wouldn't take Leiter last year because it was presumed he would only sign with the Red Sox or go back into the draft.

pretty good encapsulation of why I don't pay attention to much pre-draft coverage.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pretty good encapsulation of why I don't pay attention to much pre-draft coverage.
That was mostly fan speculation though. None of the guys covering the draft gave that much consideration if I remember correctly.